OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

So yes, Westbrook+Durant for Pau+Bynum

Dog gone it, I need to be a GM
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

I realize this is incredibly random, but does anybody remember how god damn freaking much this commercial was played during the 2008 NBA Finals?
mad.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

westbrook for #1 pick (kyrie irving). 10x cheaper than chris paul/rondo and has his potential

Yall are wilding out. Damn. Trade and up and coming star for an unproven player that's going to be adjusting to the toughest position in basketball in the league? Right.

I damn sure wouldn't move Russ for Rondo %+!! that.

Russ isn't going anywhere. Nor should he.
Way people been talking you think they were swept in the 1st round or something
laugh.gif
.  Russ isn't going anywhere guys, that's teams issues are quite fixable.

Originally Posted by JPZx

I realize this is incredibly random, but does anybody remember how god damn freaking much this commercial was played during the 2008 NBA Finals?
mad.gif

what the hell 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i dont think it was played during the 2008 finals.

i watched every game and ive never seen that commercial in my life

maybe 2009 or 2007?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

For those asking about a timetable for Caron Butler's return, Dallas has been very hush hush about his status. But Rick Carlisle said that he's now dunking the ball, and making more and more progress every day.

About a week and a half ago, he ruled out Butler for the LA series, without any hesitation.

This week, he won't rule out Caron for playing at all in the WCF.

Foreshadowing? I'd say so.

Rick also said that once Caron is back, he'll be 100%. I find that hard to believe, but Rick Carlisle isn't necessarily a coach who's going to go out and gloat about his team and say they're better than they are, or say that a player would be 100% when he isn't.

I don't think Caron would lose his outside shooting touch, as he's pretty much been shooting set shots every single day since he got hurt. The guys work ethic is ridiculous.

That said, his ability to get points down low may be limited.

Personally, I think he is available for the Finals.
finals? getting a little ahead of ourselves arent we? oh wait. your a mavs fan. you guys always get ahead of yourselves
laugh.gif

the mavs should just leave caron butler alone. hes gonna come back and +!@$ up team chemistry. although pedo stevenson isnt quite doing that much...

I've said all along that getting to the Finals is definitely not a given, and that it'll be our hardest test to date since our opponent will have a quick PG regardless of who we face.

I was just speculating, that's all.

IF he were to make a comeback, I'd venture to guess it'd be by the Finals.

And in reality, yeah, all I'd want him to do is eat Stevenson's minutes, because I just don't like what Stevenson has brought to the table this post-season.

I was just more
eek.gif
@ the thought of him being 100% when he does come back. It's just an interesting twist. Though "when he comes back," could be November.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Chris Sheridan proposed CP3 for Russell Westbrook.
I like Westbrook for Rondo better.
I don't see the Celtics angle, though.

Ainge in panic mode
laugh.gif

He can get back a possible better Big 3 if he started packaging the current Big 4. I don't understand his reasoning for the Perkins trade but if he feels the Celts window is closed he could open it back up.

Should also hire Larry Brown to coach the team when Doc leaves.

People coming back mid playoffs never seems to work out so I don't see how he would be suddenly 100%.

I'd be amazed if he contributed much

Originally Posted by SCuse7

People coming back mid playoffs never seems to work out so I don't see how he would be suddenly 100%.

I'd be amazed if he contributed much
Would be it hard to be better than DeShawn Stevenson, though?
nerd.gif
32% from your starting 2-guard.
sick.gif

I don't think so.
laugh.gif

If Celtic's lose tonight, we may have seen Shaq's last days in the NBA.

Who knows if he retires this year, but his effectiveness has gone down the drain.

Been a long time for the big fella, and dudes legs just aren't hold him up anymore.

If last game was his last NBA game, thanks for the memories Shaq.

Of course there's been no indication that he'd retire, but playing 40ish games a year for the guy? not looking big for the Big Shamrock.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

If Celtic's lose tonight, we may have seen Shaq's last days in the NBA.

Who knows if he retires this year, but his effectiveness has gone down the drain.

Been a long time for the big fella, and dudes legs just aren't hold him up anymore.

If last game was his last NBA game, thanks for the memories Shaq.

Of course there's been no indication that he'd retire, but playing 40ish games a year for the guy? not looking big for the Big Shamrock.
Yeah that's a good point I remember last year him actually calculating the number of games left and how many years he still has left to play, doesn't look like that will happen anymore.
Also do you think Doc takes a break from coaching as well, Boston's run is about done, and he has a lot of things to look forward to. Not saying he wouldn't come back there is no doubt in my mind he would and if he did he would no doubt be #1 option on any team looking for a coach.

Man Mavs better make the Finals or you dudes would get clowned . This is probably Dirk last good chance to reach the promise land

Oprah Winfrey has more power than commissioner David Stern. The queen of daytime talk has forced the NBA to change its upcoming playoff schedule. The MIAMI HERALD reports that should the Bulls and Heat win their series in six games or fewer, they’ll have to change the schedule because of Oprah.

The NBA informed a few involved parties before Tuesday’s Bulls game that if the Heat and Chicago win their series in six games or fewer, Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals would need to be moved from Monday to Sunday night because the United Center likely is unavailable Monday to allow Oprah Winfrey’s crew to set up for the taping of one of her final shows. If the Heat or Bulls series go seven games, Game 1 of the Eastern finals would be Wednesday.

k4ynp0.jpg

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Man Mavs better make the Finals or you dudes would get clowned . This is probably Dirk last good chance to reach the promise land
Why? If they lose in the finals people will still clown.  
I do agree dirk's chances are getting slim

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Exactly. Only way they don't get clowned is if they win it all.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Exactly. Only way they don't get clowned is if they win it all.
Which is quite frankly pathetic.

Everyone wrote us off at the beginning of the season. Everyone at the beginning of the playoffs wrote us off again. So, we win two series in convincing fashion, and oh wait now all of the sudden we should win it all and if we don't we're clowns?

According to yall, we had no business being here, and now just because we beat the defending champs we're clowns if we don't win it all...

Yall sound like the clowns to me...
eyes.gif

Kinda sickening the 180° flip a lot of people have about the Mavericks. No one gave two licks about this team the ENTIRE year, including fans like Nowitness, but now all the sudden they start winning and now people want to jump back on our backs again? "When we were supposed to lose by Portland, and DEFINITELY lose to LA."

Yawn, give me a break. The Mavericks go as far as they can, the other teams are no slouch, this is the NBA Playoffs, you don't get towards the Conference Finals by a fluke. Each team that makes it there, deserved it, and should all be equally considered a threat to win the title, there ain't no damn clowns no where except in here who think that the Mavericks of all teams are now the God-given favorites?

Break me off a piece of that kit-kat bar, and give me a break.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
@ Oprah

Shaq is definitely done playing basketball, he'll just continue to do cheesy commercials instead lol

El Heat needs to win this, and the Los Toros need to beat atlanta because I refuse to have any other eastern team go to the finals.

KG is putting in HELLA work tonight
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom