OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Na, biggest thread to MIA is still the Grizz. Only team that can still truly exploit their weakness by dominating the post at both ends. Then you throw in Tony Allen/Battier they have guys that can somewhat slow down Wade/Bron. Basketball will forever be a game of size and the Grizz have bigs who can rebound/score. Thunder are a mess and as great as the Mavs seemed against the Lakers, they still rely far too heavily on Dirk. I think Memphis/Mia is the best possible Finals matchup.

most impressive/interesting thing about Miami is the guys who were supposed to be their 4th and 5th best players have been complete and total busts for this year.

Joel has been pretty decent though. James Jones and Chalmers too.

It's the LeBron James effect, that's all.

James Jones and Joel wouldn't be recognized if they were on the Pacers.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

most impressive/interesting thing about Miami is the guys who were supposed to be their 4th and 5th best players have been complete and total busts for this year.

Really says that much more about how good Wade/Bron have been though.  That cast is still trash but it doesn't even matter, those guys are the two best players alive and that apparently is good enough to be the best team.  Of course everyone will only talk %#!% about them and say how it is a cheap title yada, yada, but I find it quite impressive that they might steam roll through the playoffs with that bunch around them.

Mike Miller has been trash since the day he got traded to the Timberwolves in July of 2008. I don't know why it took three years for everyone to figure that one out.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Really says that much more about how good Wade/Bron have been though.  That cast is still trash but it doesn't even matter, those guys are the two best players alive and that apparently is good enough to be the best team.  Of course everyone will only talk %#!% about them and say how it is a cheap title yada, yada, but I find it quite impressive that they might steam roll through the playoffs with that bunch around them.
plus wade and lebron are both good passers, and what they can create for others... that is whats gonna separate us from the knicks.. melo, amare, billups are beast.. but if you have guys that like to shoot first... you gonna have problems...

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Russell, let this be a template for the rest of your career.

Attack the rim, dummy.

So true ..... his attack is amazing and relentless all game 
eek.gif
!
Never had to chance to say congrats JA so ....... congrats 
pimp.gif
. But if we meet in the finals, I'm secretly sticking needles in a voodoo Dirk Doll 
devil.gif
roll.gif
just jokes fam!

Learned that from Ron Lewis.

laugh.gif
at that random !!# red arrow before Westbrook's final shot.

i've watched 0 grizzlies regular season games (except when they played the knicks) and i have no idea why conley gets so much hate. dudes been playing pretty good these playoffs

Damn now look at Durant's face during the break
roll.gif
Mo Cheeks trying to give him that pep talk/kight a fire under his #!$ and he looking extra sad.

"I aint get ball.... I aint get the ball."

More so Bron and Wade have just been that good. You can throw almost anyone out there for 4 and 5 when they're playing like that.

I see the other side of the Spurs argument, but they were not planning for Amare to drop 35.

Say what you will about Russy playing hero ball.. But Durant doesn't have the stones or the ability to demand the ball and take over when he has to.

Not to say he won't get there, but he needs to do it RIGHT now.

People wonder why KD needs to get stronger? Because he gets pushed around too often and settles for awful 28 footers.

I asked a few folks why we didn't just let Dirk go for 35 on us all he wanted and stick 4 guys around the 3 point line.
30t6p3b.gif
Memphis/OKC going to wear themselves out getting to the WCF. This series is amazing.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom