OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Proshares wrote:

Edit:  Thank you CP for that
grin.gif
laugh.gif

For what? What I do now? 
laugh.gif

I never hear ATL thrown out as a possible destination but I think it's also a sleeper.  Horford + Teague + picks + cap filler is better than a lot of the crap I've heard throw out there, plus Dwight is from ATL and he wouldn't have to go somewhere else to play second fiddle.

Obviously the NBA is still a joke

Dwight Howard, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett, LeBron James & Kobe Bryant named to 2010-11 NBA All Defensive First Team.

Tony Allen, Chris Paul, Tyson Chandler, Andre Iguodala & Joakim Noah named to 2010-11 NBA All Defensive Second Team.

How did TA end up on the 2nd team when he finished 4th in DPOY? Chandler finished 3rd as well right?

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Obviously the NBA is still a joke

Dwight Howard, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett, LeBron James & Kobe Bryant named to 2010-11 NBA All Defensive First Team.

Tony Allen, Chris Paul, Tyson Chandler, Andre Iguodala & Joakim Noah named to 2010-11 NBA All Defensive Second Team.

How did TA end up on the 2nd team when he finished 4th in DPOY? Chandler finished 3rd as well right?

eyes.gif

Oh my God. Just when I was gonna start to ease up on the Lakers hate.

Otis Smith already %%*%@@ the team up with the Arenas trade though. I really don't see him letting Dwight walk for nothing if he wants to keep his job. Pressure on him too to maybe get it finished before the 30th of June.

If it's Odom and Bynum together CP, I think they can afford it. Throw in Walton/Ron combo? Hell, it'd be a lot easier to make the deal money wise with Gasol
laugh.gif
but I don't think that's the package they'd want. Anyway, I don't think he's dealing D12 w/o Arenas attached.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I never hear ATL thrown out as a possible destination but I think it's also a sleeper.  Horford + Teague + picks + cap filler is better than a lot of the crap I've heard throw out there, plus Dwight is from ATL and he wouldn't have to go somewhere else to play second fiddle.

i dont see Howard even wanting to go there, i know i wouldnt want to.

Atlanta is his hometown, I think he'd consider going there if Josh Smith is gone
laugh.gif

CP, you were the one who educated me on the Arenas part being a snag in a deal to Chicago.

I forgot, LA has Sasha's $6 million exception too.

Technically we could afford Gil, but we'd have to give up Bynum and LO + Artest and Luke to make the salaries work, although why ORL would want Luke Walton or Artest is beyond me
laugh.gif

If you're Otis Smith I don't think you can take that chance of having Shaq Part II happen with them just having that brand new arena built and no superstar or even star to have patrons coming to the games.

Have to get the best you can get and hope in 2012/2013 there's some superstar FAs (Westbrook maybe) that you can lure to FL.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Otis Smith already %%*%@@ the team up with the Arenas trade though. I really don't see him letting Dwight walk for nothing if he wants to keep his job. Pressure on him too to maybe get it finished before the 30th of June.

If it's Odom and Bynum together CP, I think they can afford it. Throw in Walton/Ron combo? Hell, it'd be a lot easier to make the deal money wise with Gasol
laugh.gif
but I don't think that's the package they'd want. Anyway, I don't think he's dealing D12 w/o Arenas attached.
That's 40 million dollars.  Nobody in the league can give back enough players to get that.  Why would ORLD want to take back Walton and Ron? 
laugh.gif
  I mean, like I said, ok sure I'm good with that, but gosh damn at getting Luke and Ron in a trade. 
laugh.gif
  I guess I kinda see what you're saying though, it would free up a TON of Orlando's cap issues, Turk would be all that's left. 

I apologize about the whole Kobe all D team. 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

nerd.gif

Also AK-47's tattoo is not Jeepers Creepers, it's a soldier riding on top of a dragon/demon type monster.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

I don't think he's dealing D12 w/o Arenas attached.

i think that too.... hes gotta get gil outta there anyway possible
thats not bad for LA though, finally get a starting PG, best C a long with Pau and Kobe. thats a nice team and solid bench if it doesnt cost them too much. Its possible if they are willing to trade them this summer.

RT @marcel_mutoni: I can't wait until Michael Jordan is named NBA Executive of the Year next week. 
RT @marcel_mutoni: Eddy Curry voted onto All-Healthy 1st team by NBA coaches for record-breaking 12th straight year.
RT @mdotbrown: I never looked at the Rookie of the Year ballot. How many votes did Kobe get?
RT @teamziller: I suppose we should just pencil Kobe in for the 2027 All Defense team.  
RT @basquiatball: At this point opposing coaches just want Kobe to think he doesn't need to change anything about how he defends

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
That's 40 million dollars.  Nobody in the league can give back enough players to get that.  Why would ORLD want to take back Walton and Ron? 
laugh.gif
  I mean, like I said, ok sure I'm good with that, but gosh damn at getting Luke and Ron in a trade. 
laugh.gif
  I guess I kinda see what you're saying though, it would free up a TON of Orlando's cap issues, Turk would be all that's left. 

embarassed.gif

You answered your own question in there
laugh.gif

Bynum + Odom is like $27mm and Dwight + Gil is around $34mm.  So Ron would make it a tad bit easier $$$ wise but I'd assume they'd rather trade Luke.

Here's a question, 3 years or Steve Blake or 3 years of Q-Rich/2 of Duhon?

Originally Posted by henz0

laugh.gif
@ kobe making defensive 1st over Allen
roll.gif
roll.gif
Ludicrous.

If Dwight is smart, he plays out the year, and then just signs with a team that has cap space and an elite playmaker (C. Paul, D.Williams, J.Wall
nerd.gif
) in order to maximize his production and effectiveness. Going to a capped out team in the Lakers and playing alongside a ball-dominating 34-year old guard doesn't sound too appealing to me, although the actual city certainly does.

NBA All Defensive 1st Team:

D12
Rondo
LBJ
KOBE
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

KG

2nd Team:

Tony Allen
CP3
Tyson Chandler
Iggy
Joakim

Umm...Yeah. Kobe definitely does not belong anywhere near 1st or 2nd All Defensive team this year. 
laugh.gif

Don't hate all of us for it, we can't control the hype-beast which is the NBA. I cant lie, that really is a joke. 
laugh.gif

My question is...where's Ibaka? He should have at least made 2nd.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

You answered your own question in there
laugh.gif

Bynum + Odom is like $27mm and Dwight + Gil is around $34mm.  So Ron would make it a tad bit easier $$$ wise but I'd assume they'd rather trade Luke.

Here's a question, 3 years or Steve Blake or 3 years of Q-Rich/2 of Duhon?
Artest sucks and Bynum, Odom, and Ron for Gil and Dwight works perfect.

Back
Top Bottom