OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Who cares? thats nothing brag about coming from a LA fan .
30t6p3b.gif

Aye, Aye captain!

Exactly, which is why I ain't braggin, being better than the Spurs is nothin hard or anything, but one would think their fans would learn to put a cork in it, especially given the past 6 months they was talkin out their backside about the likes of Richard Jeferthon, and Mr Spitter......

Neal with it. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by CP1708

; Hell, we could start an entire thread for the offseason and do like the top 15 players right now in terms of finishing up their careers, and what their resumes are gonna look like when it's all said and done.  Might get messy, but eventually the trolls would go away and the diehards could do some work in there.  Just a thought. 

Or we couldn't and say we did.

?

I mean, if you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to go in the thread ya know? 
laugh.gif
  Is it that bad of an idea?  I know JA and I would be in there at least.  I assume somebody else would enter in on the fun at some point.   
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i want phil jackson to come back and coach the heat. that would be so epic...

as for a ring changing the status of kidd i dont think it matters. i think level headed fans know greatness isnt measured by how many rings you got. mbenga and sasha have two rings and they are trash.

just look at john stockton. poor guy never got a ring...

laugh.gif
 I don't think Riles ego can handle Phil being the one to win a ring with this roster that he put together.

If Phil does retire, bet the farm that all season Knick fans will be saying "Fire D'Antoni and get Phil".  Guarantee they're already licking their chops just thinking about it
laugh.gif

Phil Jackson NOT being a coach of the Knicks at some point in the past 20 years is the biggest failure James Dolan has. And that's saying a lot with him.

Peja has done wonders this playoffs. I remember when he got signed a crap load of people hated that signing.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

laugh.gif
damn cp why you still talking down on the spurs,
Nothin against you or PO at all.  Just certain folks on the board.  Just like I ask you not to hold anything I say against other Laker fans.  I speak for me only, not them. 

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Phil Jackson NOT being a coach of the Knicks at some point in the past 20 years is the biggest failure James Dolan has. And that's saying a lot with him.

I agree.  Just saying, prepare for it to be one of those year long stories like Melo.

i think Phil is too old to deal with Dolan, the NY media, the crazy fans, Amare's lack or rebounding and help defense, Melo's entitlement, Rumors, etc

why do people think Dwight can force his way to LA? the only reason Melo was able to do that is because the knicks had the cap room to sign him if denver let his contract finish out. the lakers are capped out for a long time.

also don't see CP getting traded because the NBA owns the team and would look terrible trading him to a big market team

You guys are all making good points/posts...

allen's take on Dolan failing to get Phil
Dub's take on the NBA "owning" CP and not trading him as well as the diff between Dwight & Melo's sitch (*copyright Jersey Shore, which I don't even watch).
CP's suggestion on that thread....

Originally Posted by DubA169

why do people think Dwight can force his way to LA? the only reason Melo was able to do that is because the knicks had the cap room to sign him if denver let his contract finish out. the lakers are capped out for a long time.
It doesn't matter about the money part really, bottom line is Dwight CAN walk, and ORLD CAN'T let him go for nothing. 

They can certainly say LA don't have the space, screw you we aren't trading you, to witch Dwight says fine, and is gone after the season.  I imagine he would have a nice list of suitors. 
laugh.gif

If they try to trade him elsewhere, then he can merely tell other teams he won't extend with them, and still pick where he wants to go at the end of the season, and now that team would lose him for nothing. 

It all comes down to Dwight.  Just like Melo.  The only slight difference is the cap space, yes.  But with us holding the team options on LO/Bynum, and not a single penny spent on 2015 yet, he could take lower money for 2 years if he wanted, and get huge dollars at the back end.  Would be up to him. 

AK47 lookin for a job in Denver I see........

Even though this wasn't the greatest way to go out for Phil (If he retires), he can't even be mad looking back at his career. He's got enough rings for the whole Mavs starting lineup.
laugh.gif

DubA169 wrote:

But with us holding the team options on LO/Bynum, and not a single penny spent on 2015 yet, he could take lower money for 2 years if he wanted, and get huge dollars at the back end.  Would be up to him. 

AK47 lookin for a job in Denver I see........

It all comes down to Dwight. Just like Melo. The only slight difference is the cap space, yes. But with us holding the team options on LO/Bynum, and not a single penny spent on 2015 yet, he could take lower money for 2 years if he wanted, and get huge dollars at the back end. Would be up to him.

You should know that NBA current CBA only allows maximum 8% yearly increases in salary. 10M Y1, 10.8 Y2, etc.

I don't expect this to change at all under the new CBA.

What else you got?

laugh.gif
  ok, then he has to force a trade.  Fair enough. 
laugh.gif

Yup.

What If:

Bynum is the best deal, can/does Orlando just wait and play out the year?

Say, Orlando somehow gets up from under some of their contracts clears cap space between now and next summer...and rolls the dice and lets Dwight hit free agency.

If Bynum was the best deal, he's going to be a free agent anyway since the Lakers would have to decline the team option to get Dwight (among a lot of other things to clear room). Orlando's always a free agent destination and they'd probably save money signing him to a new deal for _____ amount as opposed to having to pick up that 16 million team option.

Essentially would force the Lakers to not only decline options on Odom/Bynum but also force them to shred salary elsewhere given what Kobe/Pau/Ron are owed.

Sure, you miss out on a few late 1st round picks..but if they wanted to stick it to the Lakers/Dwight and can free up cap space..you basically could end up with the same result (Bynum) and leave the LA & Dwight marriage scrambling.

* and all that said, Orlando probably has no chance to clear that much room and would need a S&T to acquire Bynum (& Odom). But just thought I'd throw it out there.

Originally Posted by DubA169

i think Phil is too old to deal with Dolan, the NY media, the crazy fans, Amare's lack or rebounding and help defense, Melo's entitlement, Rumors, etc

also don't see CP getting traded because the NBA owns the team and would look terrible trading him to a big market team

I think it's half trying to force his way there and half the GM realizing he's not staying and trying to get pieces back for him.  I think LA looks best not just because of Bynum/Odom/whoever but because (I think) they can afford to take back Gil as well.

Edit:  Thank you CP for that
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

What If:

Bynum is the best deal, can/does Orlando just wait and play out the year?

This is exactly what I was thinking about like 5 minutes ago. I would roll the dice if I was ORL. Otis Smith might not have that luxury or want to take that risk though.

Pro, we can't take Gil back, no way no how.  That's 4 20 million dollar contracts alone.  No way we can afford Gil. 

If there was some magical way that was possible, @#$% I don't care, I'd take Gil's worthless @#$ to get Dwight. 
laugh.gif

Allen.....so what are you saying?  That, the year ends, Dwight opts out, LA then declines the options on LO and Bynum, and then tries to sign Dwight clean and clear, HOPING that both Bynum and Odom will sign in Orlando?  Is that what you are saying? 

If it is, I don't see that, because what stops LO from re-signing with us for less money, just to stay at home and also try and win more?  Risky as hell. *

*(now, I fully recognize the smart play would be for LO to go to a team that will pay him top dollar to finish out his career, ORLD or somewhere else for that matter) 

And if you are Orlando, and you let Shaq walk for free 15 years ago, you're gonna risk letting it happen again? 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Edit,
ok I got it now, you're just saying screw Dwight, let him go and get Bynum cheaper and let LA and Dwight try and figure out how to join each other.  I got it. 

Back
Top Bottom