OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Pau is a top 5-7 PF , one bad playoffs and all hell breaks loose. In no order if we're talking about top 5 PFs: dirk, stat, aldridge, zbo, bosh.

I think ppl just been waiting for this when it comes to Pau. There's probably more ppl out there that'll say he benefited from being on Kobe's team than acknowledging Kobe doesn't get 2 more rings without Pau.

He does deserve to the criticism for basically being a no show in these playoffs. Couple that with Z-Bo's play recently and what other PFs have done this season Laker fans are gonna stone him. I bet speculation soon changes to Pau + filler for Dwight instead of Bynum
laugh.gif

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Bryant: 'We're Going To Win This Series'[/h3]
May 07, 2011 2:26 PM EDT

Bryant_Kobe_lal_090609a.jpg

Despite his team's 3-0 deficit in the Western Conference semifinals after the Dallas Mavericks beat the Los Angeles Lakers 98-92 on Friday, Kobe Bryant remains steadfast in his thinking: The Lakers can win this thing.

"I don't know, I might be sick in the head or crazy or thrown off or something like that because I still think we're going to win this series," Bryant said after totaling 17 points and six assists in Game 3. "I might be nuts. ... Let's win on Sunday, go back home and see if they can win in L.A."

Following L.A.'s Game 2 loss, Bryant said, "If you want to make history, you have to do historic things."

A comeback by the Lakers to win four straight to advance to the conference finals wouldn't just be historic; it would be unprecedented.

No NBA team has ever won a series when trailing 3-0, as the trailing team has gone 0-98 in those situations.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213549/Bryant_Were_Going_To_Win_This_Series#ixzz1Lhb9YawN

ill be honest, ive said this a few times to my buddies and what not but Lakers are the only team i think has a chance to come back and win 4 straight games and win this series. they COULD do it but they probably wont.

It wouldnt surprise me, Mavs are playing amazing but everyone knows how they choke badly every year so if that were to happen then
eek.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

I don't know what's wrong with Kobe. I think all that winning made him complacent. All his comments in this series wreak of overconfidence/no big deal boarding on delusion.

When reality hits him I hope it's recorded
laugh.gif

Mavs choking would be something altogether in itself though

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I don't know what's wrong with Kobe. I think all that winning made him complacent. All his comments in this series wreak of overconfidence/no big deal boarding on delusion.
What is he supposed to say, that the Lakers are done and it's all over? I hate that this is becoming all about Kobe and the Lakers when the story should be the brilliance of Dirk. Besides, people are acting like great players never lose playoff series.

And saying the Lakers are done is foolish too. Even if they lose to the Mavs I don't see why they can't win next season, especially if it's strike shortened.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

What is he supposed to say, that the Lakers are done and it's all over? I hate that this is becoming all about Kobe and the Lakers when the story should be the brilliance of Dirk. Besides, people are acting like great players never lose playoff series.

And saying the Lakers are done is foolish too. Even if they lose to the Mavs I don't see why they can't win next season, especially if it's strike shortened.
QFT

Is this series over?  No, the Lakers are capable of coming back, but some people are acting like the Mavs are team full of bums that have to "hope" the Lakers don't play well because they can't compete with them.  As good as the Lakers have been these two championship runs, they were never incredibly dominant or imposing to the point where you felt like other elite teams couldn't beat them ( i.e. the 01' Laker team which was incredibly dominant).  The Lakers squads over the past three seasons were usually a clutch bucket, a key defensive stop, etc better than their opponents (see games 3 and 7 of last year's finals).  This is the NBA, the elite teams are fairly even and can be taken out in a 7 game series.

it's really disingenuous when they refer to supersonics' history when speaking about the thunder..

they really should have done a 'browns' and left the team name and history in seattle

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

What is he supposed to say, that the Lakers are done and it's all over?
Nah but instead of acting as if the situation doesn't phase him in the least he could at least talk with some urgency and a little passion. It's like he's going through the motions and he's done this all before. His whole demeanor in post game interviews is like the media is making this a bigger deal than it actually is. I'd prefer the Kobe that was pissed off after getting knocked out of the playoffs. The other you stuff said aint got nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

EDIT

laugh.gif
@ how they just brought up a Dwight trade.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

it's really disingenuous when they refer to supersonics' history when speaking about the thunder..

they really should have done a 'browns' and left the team name and history in seattle
i agree, Thunder should not be associated with the Sonics since Seattle still has the rights to the team and when the time is right they will land a team again and become the Sonics.

Russell Westbrook is the most frustrating PG to watch
laugh.gif

Everytime he passes off the ball he has the
grin.gif
face and immediately calls for the ball back
roll.gif
roll.gif

Westbrook is the only guy in the world that thinks it's a good idea for him to take shots away from KD. KD has got to take control of this team.

Like I said before...you can't really blame Westbrook when KD can just simply tell the guy what it is. Being vocal will probably be the only way to put him in his place. The outburst KD had in the Denver series to close them out obviously didn't do the job.

so because it appears KD hasnt said anything its ok for him to play like a clown?

HELL NO. use common sense and your bball IQ and see you forcing shots and not give the ball to your teams best player keeps losing you games

he trys to play hero ball because he has always played with a chip on his shoulder since he was always the under dog that nobody every thought would do anything. them days are done with and he needs to start playing smart.

Back
Top Bottom