OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Chuck was right about Dirk knowing when to shoot and when to pass cuz he's really good at that. Proved it in the 4th.

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Charles is finally right after how many times? And we're treating him like Nostradamus? The *+%+ outta here

LOL exactly

sucks for the Lakers, thought they would come out and easily win this game.

chuck says hundreds of dumb things a year. nobody owes him an apology for getting this right

Quick question.

If Dirk wins this year.

And assuming he'll end up in top ten all-time scoring...

Where does he rank among all-time best PFs?
nerd.gif

Dallas deserves all the credit in the world for this win, and I hope the media will stop focusing on what's wrong with the Lakers and focus on what Dallas is doing right.

We won't.

Even if Dallas wins this series on Sunday, we won't get that credit.

It is what it is.

Dirk is unstoppable right now against LAL...

56% FG, 70% 3 Point, and 93% FT..

Yall see why I now said I want to play the Lakers in the Playoffs? I been saying it ALL year.

You can say we got lucky, you can say we caught the Lakers at the right time, whatever.

I never doubted that we could win. BUT! I would never call us favorites.

Why'd I feel like we could win? As I said from ALL our transactions, our moves were made to match the Lakers.

Also, If it's a Mavs/Heat rematch?

Just a fun-stat...

Mavericks haven't lost a game against the Heat since they gave up the 2006 Finals.

Props to you JA. You rode with your squad and even pulled for my Nuggz so I hope you guys win it this year.

JA who you prefer seeing in the WCF, Grizz or Thunder?

Also I would find it incredibly tough to rank Dirk on a list of PF's, I think that list stretches out much further than a list for any other position.

If Dirk wins this year he is right in there historically with Malone, Barkley and Pettit.  He is already better than Garnett imo.

I'm not going to count out the Lakers, I just can't do it.
laugh.gif

But if we were to advance, both teams give us bad match-ups, but I mean if we can go through Kobe, Bynum, LO, and Pau...

Preferably, I'd rather have Memphis. It's not that I feel like Memphis is "easy," but easier, yeah kinda.

Only reason I say that is because we get torn to shreds by quick, speedy PGs. And all the crap I've talked about Russ would come back to bite my !@$, because I feel like he'd have a great series against us.
laugh.gif

Plus I might venture to say the front-line of OKC is better than the Lakers. They are better defensively, that's for sure.

Neither team would be easy, and trying to handle Memphis' front-line would be a pain in the neck, but I think it would be easier than stopping the two-headed monster of Durant and Westbrook, that breathe fire named Ibaka and Perkins.
laugh.gif

On the subject of Dirk and where he places, if he wins a ring, I think it puts him the conversation with Malone and Barkley.

KG won his ring by getting a ton of help from his friends. He wasn't THE guy, it was a group of guys.

If Dirk wins this year, all if's of course, he'd do it basically by himself. He had a good team around him, but you can't say that Dirk had Paul Pierce or Ray Allen or Rajon Rondo to help lean on. If Dirk isn't the leading scorer of his team, odds are they lose.

He'll end up with more career points than all other PFs not named Karl Malone. He should easily climb into top 10 all-time scoring, for an international player? That's amazing. Hell, he may become the all-time scoring international player, passing Hakeem.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

He aint better than Garnett.

He is easily top 3 in SCORING and clutch as a PF.

Top 5 in my book.
Garnett's T-Wolves teams got out of the 1st round once.  He won a championship by playing with two other Hall of Famers.  Dirk has been on the same team with a mediorce cast for the most part since hitting his prime.  Still been to multiples Conf. Finals and an NBA finals plus been in the words of CP "A Regular Season Championship."  Some of those T-wolves squads didn't even make the playoffs.  Dirk isn't going anywhere either, anytime soon.  He's Malone status, getting better with age.  Garnett is done.  Dirk>KG.

Ofcourse yall won't get most of the credit (prepares for the forthcoming lets give the Mavs some credit comments from the analysts). Which will get the media savoring at the mouth more for? The two time champs knocked out in the 2nd round (possibly swept) or a Mavs team with the boring superstar in Dirk that probably won't even be favored to win against OKC/MEM (I know I got them winning
laugh.gif
).

JA in the even the Mavs face the Heat I hope you're prepared for your team to get shafted again. D-Whistle in full effect.

Yeah, I don't know where he ranks all-time, but you're gonna have a hard time selling me on KG > Dirk...

People piss and moan about Dirk not being Batman but he's accomplished a LOAD more as a "Lone Ranger" than Garnett ever did.

It must have felt so good for Laker fans to so lay into Pau Gasol twice.

Also do I smell a Kobe quitting game coming like at the end of game7 suns in 2006?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

I have to say I think Dirk is to offense as KG is to defense I think they are pretty much equal.

Nice win by the Mavs. I want to know why Kobe didn't touch the ball really with 2 mins left though instead of Pau and LO.  That close up of Pau late.
sick.gif
Pau is 31 right? Dude looks straight tired. I say this is over in 6.  I would like to know  if "the  Angel of Stern" likes not having the Lakers in the WCF and Finals. If it  ends up Miami and Dallas I see a repeat of 06. There is no way I can  see Stern ever handing over that trophy to Cuban.

I still get surprised how the Bulls get big wins with defense. It will be interesting if they can hold Bron/Wade/Bosh for a series. Plus for the Bulls to win, Drose has to be damn near perfect that series.

Where's the Kobe Gif of him waving his fingers saying No, no, no
laugh.gif

Also wonder if Ska still thinks Dirk is soft as he lays waste to any Laker with the audacity to attempt to guard him.

Back
Top Bottom