OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Last touch Bynum got was....??? How do you go away from him? Lakers defense was the real issue again, though.

No disrespect to Kobe, but Chuck was right, at least for this series. Dirk is the best player on the floor, and frankly..it isn't all that close the way he is going.

eek.gif
eek.gif
LA getting swept sunday?? no one saw that coming

Remember Andrew Bynum? The Lakers certainly did. Last got a shot at 10 minute mark of the fourth quarter on the layup and one.

I probably owe JA/Mavs an apology, even if I didn't say it in here... I certainly laughed at the Peja pickup, didn't think he would have this kind of impact
laugh.gif

Well done, Mavs

Woooooow. Incredible. 44 minutes, gone just like that. I lost count of how many mistakes to end the game.
30t6p3b.gif

I knew that LA's non-challant play would end their DYNASTY this year, but not by the Mavs? Damn.
laugh.gif

DIRK making this team looking foolish!
roll.gif

I'm honestly shocked.

PO

JA you better make room because your fellow Mavs' "fans" are going to bungee jump back on the bandwagon.
laugh.gif

Great game by Mavs.

Hopefully they put the Lakers out of their misery on Sunday.

honestly, it's probably better for kobe's legacy to not play the heat in the finals. he looks close to done. lebron would destroy him. so at least he won't even lose to him

Pau's defensive effort has been so poor man he's killing the Lakers defensively. I know that no one can guard Dirk the way that he's playing but the number of times that Pau gives him a wide open shot is just ridiculous. Or how about when he fails to rotate and someone else has to run out on Dirk, leaving their man wide open so they knock down an open 3. He already is playing like a !%+%! on offense but his effort is just bad man.

Dirk Diggler aka Dirk McGurk is a beast. Dallas deserves all the credit in the world for this win, and I hope the media will stop focusing on what's wrong with the Lakers and focus on what Dallas is doing right.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Remember Andrew Bynum? The Lakers certainly did. Last got a shot at 10 minute mark of the fourth quarter on the layup and one.
With Kobe and Pau (to a lesser extent) on that team Bynum will be more forgotten than Howard is in crunch time for the Magic.

Let's discuss....

Lakers loss wasn't on Kobe. He played well. The problem is, laker fans and analyst alike, haven't been real with themselves. He isn't the same player. Even when he's playing well and scoring a lot, its off of jumpers, like tonight. He isn't getting in the paint, and making plays for himself and others. Ultimately, you don't win with jumpers, and the lakers never do. They always win with their interior, and their size. When gasol doesn't play well, the lakers don't win, flat and simple.

Fact is, the defense got really tense, and the lakers didn't have any real option down the stretch, other than odom, or bynum who should have got the ball a bit more down the stretch.

Also, dallas players played their part tremendously. Dirk Nowitski made the right plays at the top of the key, and they made some good shots. The lakers can come back, but it will be extremely tough. The Mavericks are flat out better than the lakers.

No disrespect to Kobe, but Chuck was right, at least for this series. Dirk is the best player on the floor, and frankly..it isn't all that close the way he is going.

Lot of people owe Chuck an apology.

And to think, everyone picked Portland to beat Dallas. I think winning that series, and the way they did it (winning two in a row after Roy's ridiculous Game 4, and clinching on the road in the league's toughest arena), when nobody believed in them did wonders for their confidence. They aren't playing scared anymore. I mean, it could all go to hell in the next round (assuming this series stays true to history). But to make the WCF with that squad would is pretty damn impressive.

Originally Posted by JD617

Well to be honest dud has been predicting outlandish things for a minute.
He said, Denver over LA and Melo> Kobe

last year went with Suns and Celtics

he was down to get it right at some point
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

This is like Chuck's first season backing up the Mavs though. Nobody really ever has faith in them, just Cuban and the fans. I prefer it that way though.

Back
Top Bottom