OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Not to put this on Kobe, but that's why I said it is ridiculous to still call him the best in the world. Even last year if you have Kidd/Terry guarding him, he is going to put up 40 on them. He can't really do that anymore. He is a jump shooter now, I mean old Kobe would insert his will over the game and at least find a way to get to the line 10 times. He can't really get by people like that anymore.

I still think they can win this series though, not willing to count them out.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

I'm going out on a limb tonight, I really see Dallas going up 2-0 tonight. I'm probably going to be wrong about this, but hey.

Dallas has a load of offensive weapons on their end, dirk is dirk, JT can just be a killer, and contributions from marion, barea, etc. give this team a potent attack on that side of the ball and as shown in game one, chandler and haywood negate the laker's size to a degree.

Dallas imo can and will go up 2-0 tonight. But like I said, i'm probably wrong haha
Well damn, aint that boy smart
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

How he know that 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. Touche Justin, Touche 

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by S4L3

chicago is gonna get destroyed by the heat if they finish out their series.
LOL.

You dudes are funny...
they are going to get absolutley decimated. between the refs not letting the bulls be rough on the golden child and Dwhistle and the lack of offensive options the bulls have, they re going to get absolutley wrecked

qft. now that the lakers are done im positive the heat will win it all now...

Dallas.
eek.gif

They sucked the life out of the Lakers in the 4th.

Artest might be looking at a suspension too.

Ron is gone game 3, no doubt. AMP, he can't win, he went for 36 in 35 minutes and he got blamed, now he does what people said (shoot less, feed post) and now this is his fault too?
laugh.gif
We all played bad. Half our damn free throws, 0-15 3's to start.....all bad. Gotta just play better. Pau looks off, but I figured he'd get it goin, maybe not. Just gotta play better. Period.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

*Waits for CP to try and spin what just happened*

What is there to spin? We shot 1/16 from 3's. We sucked. They made their shots. Dirk dominated. We sucked. Our bench sucked. We sucked.
There's nothing left to spin, CP isn't a naive Laker fan, he'll be sure to come in and say the same thing when he finds the time.

The series ain't over yet though, I have faith.

You might as well call the Bulls VS. Heat the NBA Finals because nobody in the West has a chance now that the Lakers season is over...

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

*Waits for CP to try and spin what just happened*
insert eddie griffin popcorn gif.

i'm loving me some dallas right now

roll.gif
@ the Lakers....

If Dallas ends up winning this series, they "might" have killed a dynasty...

PO

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Not to put this on Kobe, but that's why I said it is ridiculous to still call him the best in the world. Even last year if you have Kidd/Terry guarding him, he is going to put up 40 on them. He can't really do that anymore. He is a jump shooter now, I mean old Kobe would insert his will over the game and at least find a way to get to the line 10 times. He can't really get by people like that anymore.

I still think they can win this series though, not willing to count them out.

He can still do that. He needs to do so in order for them to win. He's going to need to put up more than 20 shots though that's the issue. If Gasol isn't going to give you jack $+!* than Kobe needs to shoot more shots. 19 points combined from Gasol and Odom just isn't going to cut it though.

You might as well call the Bulls VS. Heat the NBA Finals because nobody in the West has a chance now that the Lakers season is over...
indifferent.gif
 All your posts are lame.

based on?

if memphis make it, they would have played: spurs, OKC and mavs/LA

if mavs make it, they would have played: blazers, LA and grizz/OKC

if we make it, we would have played: denver, grizz and mavs/LA

all would have had a harder road than miami and especially the bulls

You might as well pencil in the call the Bulls VS. Heat for the NBA Finals because nobody in the East stands a chance now that Miami is clicking West has a chance now that the Lakers season is over...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by DubA169

Pau looks disinterested or exhausted. something is off
He's looked this way for the better part of the last five months.
I said that after the first game, I was like what happened, dudes game just fell off a %#@!#!* cliff...It is especially weird considering that the first 15 games or so of the season was the best ball I had ever seen him play.

i think someone is either porking pau's mom or porking his girlfriend. im going with girlfriend because marc gasol is playing great...

maybe thats why they shipped sasha out
roll.gif

And we were done after G4 in Portland..
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm not going to sit here and say I thought we'd be where we are right now 4 weeks ago. I didn't.

BUT.

About a month ago, I thought to myself, hell, this is our last chance.

When the match-ups were set, I was like... Man, if we get past Portland, I can't wait to see how we play in LA. If we could take one in LA, we have a chance. Now we're up 2-0, more than I'd ever imagined.

This isn't over. We have a TON of work to do.

If we do beat LA, again, we're not done, we have a lot of work to do.

The hardest test will be the WCF. Whoever advances and faces Dallas if we make it, that's our test. Both teams will be big and physical. They would have been working just as hard as Dallas has.

But this is it for Dallas. We've been struggling for years, and I've been thinking recently, the hunger is there for us. Dirk is hungry. Kidd is hungry. Marion and Tyson are hungry. Are young guys are healthy and energetic.

If we don't do it here, we're pretty much done. I don't see us going through another season and playing this well.

This season has been different. Our defense has been off-and-on, but Tyson really has changed the culture here in Dallas this year.

If we make it to the Finals? Unless we face the Bulls, I feel completely comfortable with whoever we play.

All of this said, it's far too early to say Mavericks are going to win it all.

A game at a time, that's how I view it, and I'm sure that's how they view it. I hope we can pull it off..

If at the end of this year, I see Dirk and Kidd put on their rings, I'm a happy man, that's enough for me. It helps cement both of their legacies, but there are so many great players in this league that don't get that ring. I'll of course HOPE for another ring, but I'll always feel like Dirk's career wasn't fulfilled if he didn't win a ring in Dallas. Here's his last best chance.

And he's hungry.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom