OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by PMatic

Atlanta-Celtics-AAU-Team-from-Georgia.jpg

The one game I saw them play together was not fair.
Dudes were
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Played them in a tournament in Vegas one year... Just sick.
Scott Frost wrote:

Perkins is from Dallas

Beaumont, but yeah... Not from Cali.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

What is Chicago's upcoming cap space like cause they need a wing that can score flat out.  Throwing money at 12 million like the tried to do at Korver/Reddick isn't going to work when those guys can't create a shot for their lives.  I don't like the guy at all and think he is a classic garbage scorer, but maybe Nick Young would make sense for them this summer?
They're capped out with Deng, Boozer and Noah locked up and Rose up for an extension this summer. If I were the Bulls, I'd tamper with Ray Allen so he can opt out of his deal and sign a two to three year deal with them for cheap.
laugh.gif

Edit:

OJ had been exposed long before USC, dude was phenom cause he was older than everybody and had a polished game. Once guy grew into their bodies and it was clear he wasn't a first-class athlete popular opinion dropped. He if anything raised his stock at USC, I don't think many people thought he would be the #3 pick coming out of his senior year especially cause he had the rep of a headcase.
If I remember correctly going to USC he was a top 3-5 prospect (behind Beasley and Rose). Then he was kind of disappointing the first month of the season which hurt his stock a bit. Then he picked it back up around conference play and workouts because he was ready to contribute right away. Conversely Eric Gordon was killing his first few months of college, looking like a top 3 pick until the wrist injury and Indiana fell apart.Not that falling down to #7 is all that bad.

laugh.gif
at that picture of Marc. Is Adria any good bhz?

OJ had been exposed long before USC, dude was phenom cause he was older than everybody and had a polished game. Once guy grew into their bodies and it was clear he wasn't a first-class athlete popular opinion dropped. He if anything raised his stock at USC, I don't think many people thought he would be the #3 pick coming out of his senior year especially cause he had the rep of a headcase.

they had Jerry West son too

Johnny West
laugh.gif
. Cool @%@ dude. Went to 5 Star camp with him.

He if anything raised his stock at USC

I'd say it stayed about the same. He just isn't the athlete that Rose, Gordon, etc are. He was never exposed though that's a strong word. You're talking like he didn't light it up in AAU, HS, College.

Maybe it was just him being drafted by the wrong team and playing off the ball or like mike would say "just a bum" 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I remember when Andris Biedrins played w/ DC Assault @ the Big Time. Fool put up a triple double (w/ Blocks) in his first game in the country. Beasley and Nolan Smith were on that squad too.
I love hearing bout foreign players playing in the states in HS
laugh.gif
Linas Kleiza, Marc Gasol, Sarunas Jasikevicius.... can't really think of any others
ohwell.gif

Marc was fat as hell
laugh.gif
 . I would have never thought he would be the player he is now watching him in HS. I always wanted to play their school (they had Jerry West son too), but we never got a shot because they were a private school. I think Marc was 300+ in HS.
Shun_Trevillian_t300.JPG
Holy !#@$
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
the guy has come a long ways, good for him.
Add Grevis Vasquez to the list, I hate that guy
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Can you guys think of anyone else?

Andy Rautins maybe, but he was born in New York I think
laugh.gif

Johnny West 
laugh.gif
. Cool @%@ dude. Went to 5 Star camp with him.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I played a couple of games with him and Fred Smith's son (owner of FedEx). Straight up $$$ on the court 
laugh.gif
[/font]

bhzmafia14 wrote:Marc was fat as hell
laugh.gif
 . I would have never thought he would be the player he is now watching him in HS. I always wanted to play their school (they had Jerry West son too), but we never got a shot because they were a private school. I think Marc was 300+ in HS.
Shun_Trevillian_t300.JPG

found some home videos of him when he was younger

the-goonies-chunk.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I remember when Andris Biedrins played w/ DC Assault @ the Big Time. Fool put up a triple double (w/ Blocks) in his first game in the country. Beasley and Nolan Smith were on that squad too.
I love hearing bout foreign players playing in the states in HS
laugh.gif
Linas Kleiza, Marc Gasol, Sarunas Jasikevicius.... can't really think of any others
ohwell.gif

I played against Linas in a tournament in Europe one year and dude was an absolute beast. Just a bull in the lane. Nothing like the outside game he has today.
Haha same here...did two 5 star sessions at Robert Morris University back in summer '04
Garf tell stories about Wojo diving on the asphalt court and Marbury sitting in the front row in every lecture?

What is Chicago's upcoming cap space like cause they need a wing that can score flat out.  Throwing money at 12 million like the tried to do at Korver/Reddick isn't going to work when those guys can't create a shot for their lives.  I don't like the guy at all and think he is a classic garbage scorer, but maybe Nick Young would make sense for them this summer?
They're capped out with Deng, Boozer and Noah locked up and Rose up for an extension this summer. If I were the Bulls, I'd tamper with Ray Allen so he can opt out of his deal and sign a two to three year deal with them for cheap.
laugh.gif
I was hoping management would've extended Ray an offer instead of extending two separate offers for Korver/Redick, etc.  He was the one available SG last summer that I thought would've been the perfect addition to this team.

I hope Bryant beats some sense into pau. He's been missing a number of patios and screams for no reason. He looks off out there and more softer then he did in 2008

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

I hope Bryant beats some sense into pau. He's been missing a number of patios and screams for no reason. He looks off out there and more softer then he did in 2008
Hmmm, eerily sounds like my team's PF.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Pau looks disinterested or exhausted. something is off
He's looked this way for the better part of the last five months.
I said that after the first game, I was like what happened, dudes game just fell off a %#@!#!* cliff...It is especially weird considering that the first 15 games or so of the season was the best ball I had ever seen him play.

I see. i don't catch many lakers games cuz of the time difference. he always looks like he smells piss or something

I see. i don't catch many lakers games cuz of the time difference. he always looks like he smells piss or something
roll.gif

I mean layups autotype FTL. la losing tonight = done for the playoffs? I see Kobe shooting them out in game three if they lose tonight

I said that after the first game, I was like what happened, dudes game just fell off a %#@!#!* cliff...It is especially weird considering that the first 15 games or so of the season was the best ball I had ever seen him play.
We all worried about Kobe or even Bynum breaking down after all these deep runs in the playoffs, but I guess it's gotten to Pau first.
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

Pau has played horrible. The Lakers defense has been bad as well. JJ Barea carving up Fisher and Blake.
30t6p3b.gif
Blake looking shook and not shooting open 3s. Looking bad right now.

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

how many times can you get called out/blamed publicly before you react in a negative manner?

and somehow ppl gloss over the fact that as soon as you got there the team all of a sudden was in the finals EVERY YEAR

Back
Top Bottom