OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

That 17-1 is lookin like the epitome of peaked too damn early. Phil has to make the adjustments. He's searching, he used rotations I've never seen. Blake-fish-Ron-Bynum-Kobe?????? Never seen that.
laugh.gif
I don't think he expected to have to search for a solid 5. Hope he comes up with something. And if we manage a comeback, can you imagine the kids from Memphis and OKC? They would run and gun like a @#$%&

man the stories that will be written at the end of these playoffs..

you got champs literally on their lasts legs (spurs & boston)

you got young teams trying take out the big boys a year or two or three before they are supposed to (bulls, grizz & OKC)

you got the mavs who are slightly in the first category, but have their own narrative as pointed out above by JA

miami is still trying figure things about.. but may have lucked out in not having to face an opponent who could exploit their weaknesses

and then there is LA

Originally Posted by University of Nike

So...
Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Portland in 6.
Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Exactly

I bet $100 bucks on Portland.

I seriously think we get beat in 6.

Bandwagon is back in full effect,
laugh.gif

I remember when the Mavericks were sputtering at the end of the regular season every Mavs fan except for JA was waving the white flag and breaking their ankle jumping of the bandwagon.

Like I said in the game thread, the series isn't over but Lakers are not in a good position right now.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by PMatic

He's looked this way for the better part of the last five months.
I said that after the first game, I was like what happened, dudes game just fell off a %#@!#!* cliff...It is especially weird considering that the first 15 games or so of the season was the best ball I had ever seen him play.

i think someone is either porking pau's mom or porking his girlfriend. im going with girlfriend because marc gasol is playing great... 
That was gonna be my guess
laugh.gif

andrew bynum just threw more wood on the fire

over/under on number of times we hear about this tomorrow?

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by University of Nike

So...
Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Portland in 6.
Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Exactly

I bet $100 bucks on Portland.

I seriously think we get beat in 6.

Bandwagon is back in full effect,
laugh.gif

I remember when the Mavericks were sputtering at the end of the regular season every Mavs fan except for JA was waving the white flag and breaking their ankle jumping of the bandwagon.

Yep. And now people are "giving them props" in the series thread?

Give JA props, %#@% the rest of those clowns.
laugh.gif
  You can't openly root against your team, then all of a sudden be like "O HAI GUYS"...

30t6p3b.gif
@ spoiled @!! Drew. A couple losses in a row and he loses all of his composure and maturity. Definitely not a championship caliber comment to make right now.

Yea i give props to JA, but not because of Tyson.

He rarely out there playing. Dirk is really the one one destroying us and JJ really killed tonight.

Those are good guys, just didn't have faith in us winning.
laugh.gif

Can't really blame them after us being so full of failings recently.

I approach every game the same. I have no effect on the game. I hope the best, prepare for the worst. I just want a good game, and for my team to put forth a great effort. It's happened a lot this year. I've always been this way.

But if we somehow end up playing Miami, I am talking SO much trash.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Kenny going in on Charles!

Kenny: Do the STANKEY Leg!

Kenny: Is there a earthquake in Alabama?

laugh.gif

PO

eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Charles golf shot.

"Do the stanky leg, do the stanky leg."
laugh.gif

What was Bynum saying about trust issues?

I missed it.
He was asked about what they can improve next game I believe..

And he said trust issues. And the reporter asked a question, he said with the team?

And he was like, no, individually, all 13 guys, we don't trust each other.

Something to that effect.

laugh.gif
JD.

It's alright, Portland was a crazy match-up for anyone I think. LMA and Gerald and Batum and Wes are a talented bunch of kids. They just had ZERO perimeter shooting that series.

JA, your vote man.........lol, get to work. This @#$% is probably my fault. Like 2 months ago I was jokin in here about Dirk bein all alone. My bad Laker fans.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

What was Bynum saying about trust issues?

I missed it.
He was asked about what they can improve next game I believe..

And he said trust issues. And the reporter asked a question, he said with the team?

And he was like, no, individually, all 13 guys, we don't trust each other.

Something to that effect.

Ugh.

Gotta keep that in-house Andrew.

I'm not singling out Kobe CP, he has been the least of the team's problem but regardless there is no way Kobe a few years back lets this Mavs team take two in LA.  He just flat out wouldn't let happen regardless of how the rest of the core guys were playing.  He would have said #+$! y'all, and went out and put on a performance.  Kobe simply can't get to the hoop like he used too, he doesn't have that extra 5th gear he used to have.  And while his 4th gear still puts him with the elites in the league it doesn't put him past guys like Bron and Wade.  He so far has been outplayed by the opposing player's best team which is the first time I can remember saying that about dude in a long time.  CP3 first and now Dirk.  Once again, not arguing he is the one to blame in this series so far, from it.  He has played fine.

Trust Issues

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

JA, your vote man.........lol, get to work. This @#$% is probably my fault. Like 2 months ago I was jokin in here about Dirk bein all alone. My bad Laker fans.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
Well, our team either shows up or it doesn't. Tonight, it did.

Some nights Dirk is out there all alone, but Kidd, Marion, and Tyson haven't been allowing that to happen.

Of course the guy is a black hole on offense, but I really appreciate what Haywood has brought to us off the bench. He just contests shots and grabs boards. All I want from him. The occasional lay-off to Wood is nice, but that's all extra. Contesting shots and rebounds is
pimp.gif
. He's vastly overpaid right now, but it's whatever.

Biggest key for Dallas this off-season is retaining Tyson. We don't and we're really thin up front and we need to throw all our assets at getting another C. I love having two 7' footers who play defense every single night.

And about the vote, I'll try to get on it tomorrow night. It'll be late tomorrow night though, I have lab and lecture all day tomorrow.

I hear ya. I think he gave that performance in game 1, maybe Phil did sit him a tad too long and it bit us. I didn't think so at first, but maybe in hindsight.

Back
Top Bottom