OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Bored watching this ATL/CHI game, I start looking at some old AAU teams back in early 2000's. Stories and what not.
I know I'm probably late as hell, but I did not know Lebron, Powe and Perkins played on the same AAU team. I didn't get into AAU til' like 2003, but I was like in the 8th grade. All of it was kinda new to me. By the time I followed it close, we were talking about guys like OJ Mayo, Rose, Oden, etc. 
Also, I didn't realize how dominant Powe was back in HS before all those knee surgeries. People compared him to Bernard King. 
laugh.gif
 Never knew they matched up with a young Dwight Howard, Critt, Randolph Morris and Josh Smith to beat them by 40 points either. Bron had 57 in that game. 
The only way I see Dallas going up 2-0 is if they have an OKC kinda night shooting the ball. I don't think the refs will allow it to happen either.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I know I'm probably late as hell, but I did not know Lebron, Powe and Perkins played on the same AAU team. I didn't get into AAU til' like 2003, but I was like in the 8th grade. All of it was kinda new to me. By the time I followed it close, we were talking about guys like OJ Mayo, Rose, Oden, etc. 
Oakland Soldiers.
Seen em play. Nik Caner Medley was on that team too.

Never knew they matched up with a young Dwight Howard, Critt, Randolph Morris and Josh Smith to beat them by 40 points either. Bron had 57 in that game. 

i thought that AAU team never lost a game?

sick.gif

I know I saw a lot of good things from Powe in college, but didn't know he was that dominate in HS. Knowing the way Powe/Perk play, I felt bad for the opposition.

i thought that AAU team never lost a game?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The article I read said Dwight was only 15 at that time. So, probably not when they were 17/18.[/font]

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Oakland Soldiers.

Kendrick Perkins is from Cali???  I know bout Powe and Bron.
In middle school we played the Oakland Soldiers 13s team, and we heard about was there older teams reeking havoc like it wasn't even fair. Heck my AAU team in middle school was the business and we got worked by the Soldier's middle school squads 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I'm a DRose fan, but why has he been taking so many damn 3's? I mean damn...1-8 
sick.gif
 At some point after missing so many you gotta just drive and dish those, no matter how open you are...

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

I'm going out on a limb tonight, I really see Dallas going up 2-0 tonight. I'm probably going to be wrong about this, but hey.

Dallas has a load of offensive weapons on their end, dirk is dirk, JT can just be a killer, and contributions from marion, barea, etc. give this team a potent attack on that side of the ball and as shown in game one, chandler and haywood negate the laker's size to a degree.

Dallas imo can and will go up 2-0 tonight. But like I said, i'm probably wrong haha
laugh.gif
 i like your style bro. trevis said the same thing in the series thread. hey it could happen though, knowing how inconsistant my lakers have been
ohwell.gif

i'm going out on a limb tonight as well. i'm sure i'm going to be wrong and i'm certain i will be. but dallas will not win another game in this series. 

yeah i'm going to be wrong but oh well.
laugh.gif

perkins is from texas but at the time for AAU ball you could play for any team. i forgot dudes name that got him and bron on the team.

i know the socal playz never lost a game and is ranked as one of he best of all time. had  Kevin Love, Brandon Jennings, Renardo Sidney, Chase Budinger, Taylor King & Daniel Hacket all on the same team.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Oakland Soldiers.

Kendrick Perkins is from Cali???  I know bout Powe and Bron.
In middle school we played the Oakland Soldiers 13s team, and we heard about was there older teams reeking havoc like it wasn't even fair. Heck my AAU team in middle school was the business and we got worked by the Soldier's middle school squads 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Na. Back then (They were actually the Ft. Sooy - No Limit Soldiers at the time) they were just stacking teams. They had some "investors" if you know what I mean. Shaun Livingston played a few tourneys w/ them too. (Not the Lebron squad but the year after)

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

When did Caner-Medley play with the Soldiers? Dude was on the Pump squad as far as I know.
That was his main squad. He played with Ft Sooy No Limit @ the Kingwood. Don't know if he played anywhere else w/ em.

Memphis YOMCA
pimp.gif
 Thaddeus Young, Wayne Chism, Shawne Williams, J.P. Prince, Willie Kemp, Pierre Niles, Brandon Powell.
Looking at some old OJ HS highlights and it just reminds me of how stupid it was for him to go to USC (playing in the backcourt with Hackett). Him going to USC was the start of a downfall for his career IMO. I don't think people would've considered him a SG if he went to another school to be a full-time PG.

The layup lines that D.C. Assault used to put on were ridiculous.

EBO held it down for a minute too back in the day.

I remember when Andris Biedrins played w/ DC Assault @ the Big Time. Fool put up a triple double (w/ Blocks) in his first game in the country. Beasley and Nolan Smith were on that squad too.

The one time I saw the Atlanta Celtics (I was a score keeper because the tournament was held at my high school) I also saw J.R. Smith. There has not been much progression in his game. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If Derrick Rose can shoot, than LeBron is %%+%*!% Ray Allen.  For all the hype I heard about him improving his shot, you still try to play him the same way you play Wade, pray to God that he settles for 3's.  He's thrown up a 0-9, 1-9 and 1-8 so far this playoffs.

I can't even fault him for the ugly stat line tonight cause Chicago doesn't have a single other offensive play to run than, give Rose the ball and clear the *%%$ out.  Boozer is such a damn fraud, contract is going to come back to haunt them.  Never would have thought I would ever say this, but they really, really miss Ben Gordon.  He wasn't the right fit for this team with Rose nor is it a surprise Rose has grown so quick with him out the picture, but he at least gave them another guy who could put the ball in the hole come playoff time.

What is Chicago's upcoming cap space like cause they need a wing that can score flat out.  Throwing money at 12 million like the tried to do at Korver/Reddick isn't going to work when those guys can't create a shot for their lives.  I don't like the guy at all and think he is a classic garbage scorer, but maybe Nick Young would make sense for them this summer?

I remember when Andris Biedrins played w/ DC Assault @ the Big Time. Fool put up a triple double (w/ Blocks) in his first game in the country. Beasley and Nolan Smith were on that squad too.
I love hearing bout foreign players playing in the states in HS
laugh.gif
Linas Kleiza, Marc Gasol, Sarunas Jasikevicius.... can't really think of any others
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I love hearing bout foreign players playing in the states in HS
laugh.gif
Linas Kleiza, Marc Gasol, Sarunas Jasikevicius.... can't really think of any others
ohwell.gif

Marc was fat as hell
laugh.gif
 . I would have never thought he would be the player he is now watching him in HS. I always wanted to play their school (they had Jerry West son too), but we never got a shot because they were a private school. I think Marc was 300+ in HS.
Shun_Trevillian_t300.JPG

Looking at some old OJ HS highlights and it just reminds me of how stupid it was for him to go to USC (playing in the backcourt with Hackett). Him going to USC was the start of a downfall for his career IMO. I don't think people would've considered him a SG if he went to another school to be a full-time PG.
he always had the ball in his hands at USC tho. when he played pick up ball at UCLA that summer he would always run PG. he just never had the skills to be a full time PG in the NBA..

Originally Posted by S4L3

chicago is gonna get destroyed by the heat if they finish out their series.
LOL.

You dudes are funny...

they are going to get absolutley decimated. between the refs not letting the bulls be rough on the golden child and Dwhistle and the lack of offensive options the bulls have, they re going to get absolutley wrecked

Back
Top Bottom