|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

Sources tell TSN Rob Niedermayer is in negotiations with the KHL's (CSKA) Moscow Red Army and failing an NHL team surfacing with a suitable offer within the next few days, the veteran forward will sign a one-year contract to play in Russia.

Sources say Niedermayer has received some interest from NHL teams, but none of the offers have been considered financially worthy.

Niedermayer won a Stanley Cup with the Anaheim Ducks in 2007, but seems to be caught in the salary cap crunch a number of NHL teams are faced with.
Former NHLer Sergei Nemchinov is CSKA's head coach and general manager.

According to the Boston Herald, the Bruins are closing in on a blockbuster trade involving restricted free agent forward Phil Kessel.
Citing two unnamed sources, the paper claims a trade is expected to be finalized within the next week.

The Toronto Maple Leafs, Nashville Predators, Minnesota Wild and New York Rangers are all in the mix, among other teams. The San Jose Sharks had also shown interest until they acquired Dany Heatley.

Leafs GM Brian Burke has been open about his desire to acquire Kessel, however the Predators are also pushing hard to acquire the 21-year-old.

Predators GM David Poile, meanwhile, has admitted to offering a combination of draft picks and prospects for Kessel.

If a deal isn't reached by Oct. 1, when all teams must be under the salary cap, the Herald indicates that a team could sign Kessel to an offer sheet, which could prevent the B's from matching.

Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli refuses to talk about any trade negotiations he's involved in.

"I don't discuss negotiations specifically, but some things are obvious when the player is not in camp and nothing is happening," Chiarelli told the Herald. "Generally speaking, you want to keep young players who have skill. You want to keep these players. Unfortunately, there are a lot of different factors going on here, and due to those factors, the player hasn't come to agreement with us."

Flyers Leafs on NHL network
pimp.gif

Taylor Swift debuted the Predators new 3rd jersey a few days ago at her concert
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Better pics to come.....
hsjbz5.png

Okposo gotta learn to keep his head up when cutting thru the neutral zone...for all the %%+% Phaneuf takes, that was a clean hit IMO.

god how I wish that was avery instead of okposo. I hope dion phaneuf did not forget about avery's antics from last year and destroys him..

Originally Posted by Numberr97

god how I wish that was avery instead of okposo. I hope dion phaneuf did not forget about avery's antics from last year and destroys him..

I still find it crazy how you are a Stars fan in NY.
You must be the only one.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

playing NHL 10 online is hard. the passing is pretty difficult

Yeh, its much more realistic compared to 09, not every pass is on the money.

I remember avg pass % in 09 was like 78-82%, now its like 57-62%.

If you play on PS3, send me a FR: WTF_IS_A_LOSS

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Numberr97

I still find it crazy how you are a Stars fan in NY.
You must be the only one.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Although it's not completed, sources say the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins are putting the finishing touches on a trade that will deliver Phil Kessel to the Leafs.

Toronto is awaiting the final call to confirm the deal while the Bruins are believed to be wrapping up all internal discussions before signing off.

Kessel, who is sidelined until at least November following rotator cuff surgery, overcame a battle with testicular cancer in 2006 and captured the Bill Masterton Trophy in 2007 for perseverance and dedication to hockey. He enjoyed a career season with the Bruins last year, leading the team with 36 goals in 70 games while adding 24 assists to finish with a career high 60 points. He was selected in the first round, fifth overall by the Bruins in the 2006 NHL Entry draft.

Details to follow.

Originally Posted by cquan05

Although it's not completed, sources say the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins are putting the finishing touches on a trade that will deliver Phil Kessel to the Leafs.

Toronto is awaiting the final call to confirm the deal while the Bruins are believed to be wrapping up all internal discussions before signing off.

Kessel, who is sidelined until at least November following rotator cuff surgery, overcame a battle with testicular cancer in 2006 and captured the Bill Masterton Trophy in 2007 for perseverance and dedication to hockey. He enjoyed a career season with the Bruins last year, leading the team with 36 goals in 70 games while adding 24 assists to finish with a career high 60 points. He was selected in the first round, fifth overall by the Bruins in the 2006 NHL Entry draft.

Details to follow.

mad.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Okposo gotta learn to keep his head up when cutting thru the neutral zone...for all the %%+% Phaneuf takes, that was a clean hit IMO.
Absolutely a clean hit........

I $+!##+ hate Pascal Morency, for some reason he has taken on the tough guy role ever since junior but he's not really fit to play that role IMO. IfGiordano had gotten to Morency it would've been OVER for Morency. I wonder if there were 4 guys on the ice at the time that he jumped off the bench, causeif he was the 6th guy on the ice, that's just disgraceful to do that in any game, let alone a pre-season game.
smh.gif
smh.gif

New York Islanders forward Pascal Morency has been suspended indefinitely pending a hearing early next week.

Morency left the Islanders' bench and charged Flames defenceman Dion Phaneuf in the second period of Thurday night's 5-4 Flames win, after Phaneuf leveled Islanders' forward Kyle Okposo.

Morency was issued a game misconduct after the small fracas on the ice.
Okposo, who was taken off the ice on a strecher, is said to have a mild concussion, but no other physical damage from the check.

Sources tell TSN the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins have reached an agreement on a trade that will deliver Phil Kessel to the Leafs.

The trade is pending Kessel agreeing to a contract with Toronto.

A process the Leafs are working on right now.

Congrats to the Bruins for raping Brian Burke in this deal. Kessel isn't worth 3+ draft picks. So much for building for the future. Burke is falling intothe same trap as all the previous Leafs GMs who failed...sacrifice the future for immediate gain.

According to Damien Cox of the Toronto Star...Kessel got inked to a 5 yr $27 mill deal (which I think is very reasonable).

My problem is the compensation...Boston gets two 1st round picks and one 2nd round pick.

Back
Top Bottom