|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

Originally Posted by Proshares

All of you have Xbox? Looks like I'll be solo on PS3.
don't worry pro, i'll kick your %@# on ps3.
laugh.gif

i have both but ill be getting it for ps3.

im gonna hold off for a bit

simply because i know im gonna log major hours on it when i should be studying

Yeah I was watching the game on and off..........Grach didn't look bad at all as well, he'll end up with the Wolfpack though.

Pittsburgh with 4 goals in 16mins in the 3rd period tonight against the Jackets, and then the OT winner 44 seconds in
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Crosby with 3pts
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
penguins_again_in_2010_tshirt-p2352646678292619663yi4_400.jpg
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

[h2]Phil Kessel: Report: Leafs offer 3 draft picks for Kessel[/h2]

Toronto is reportedly offering the Bruins two first rounders, and a second round pick for Phil Kessel.
The Bruins might also take a player in the deal, while Toronto would want at least a third round pick coming back. If a trade can't be worked out, Toronto may attempt to force Boston's hand by putting an offer sheet on Kessel. However, Leafs GM Brian Burke has downplayed that possibility. The Rangers and Predators are also reportedly interested in Kessel
link http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...gnews.asp?sport=NHL&id=2038&line=89763&spln=1http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...gnews.asp?sport=NHL&id=2038&line=89763&spln=1

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Toronto is reportedly offering the Bruins two first rounders, and a second round pick for Phil Kessel.

thats insanity.

The way it works is, if Kessel signs with a team for $3 million to $4.52 million, the Bruins get a 1st and 3rd rounder in compensation. If Kessel signs acontract in between $4.52 and $6 million, the Bruins would get a 1st, 2nd & 3rd round pick. This is all under the rules of the CBA and obviously the Bruinsknow that, so they're trying to get the most out of the Leafs. Burke probably doesn't want to lose Kessel to another team so he feels he needs to makea deal happen quick. Kadri will not be as good as Kessel ever in his career, so I wouldn't mind giving up 2 future 1st round picks to get Phil, andhopefully we won't be picking too high up in the 1st round in years to come
ohwell.gif

I think matt gilroy will make the ranger team also, which I am really happy for.. I played with the guy on multiple occasions cause he played for applecorewhere I play now, and he also rocks my number!

How is Kessel even worthy of the $4.52-$6 mill range? Dude has his mind set he's worth that? Dubinsky as well, he's asking for more money than he hasproven to be worth. They said today during the game that he said "I know what it means to be a team guy, Its killing me not being there." Really?Well suit up and go play. You arent worth the money you THINK you should get. Go out there and prove it.

^ I don't get it either... Dubinsky will either except what he's being offered or he won't play... simple as that. He might as well just get on theice now because he's not gonna get what he is asking for.

I'll be sick to my stomach if Burke gives up 3 draft picks for Kessel.

How many rebuilding teams in the NHL have become cup contenders after trading away multiple draft picks? Burke is forgetting that this isn't the samesituation as when he inherited a stacked Ducks team. The Leafs need every single draft pick that they currently have.

What's so special about Kessel? 3 high draft picks for a 30-35 goal scorer? I'd rather just wait until next July and sign a UFA while keeping thepicks.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

How many rebuilding teams in the NHL have become cup contenders after trading away multiple draft picks? Burke is forgetting that this isn't the same situation as when he inherited a stacked Ducks team. The Leafs need every single draft pick that they currently have.

What's so special about Kessel? 3 high draft picks for a 30-35 goal scorer? I'd rather just wait until next July and sign a UFA while keeping the picks.
Go back and read my post explaining why it's 3 draft picks that we have to give up. The MINIMUM ANY team has to give up to get Kessel will be 3 draft picks because of the rules under the CBA.The Bruins know they're going to get at least 3 draft picks, so even if a team works out a trade with Boston, Chiarelli is obviously going to say he wants3 draft picks and maybe even a player.

Do I believe Burke should do this trade? Yes.......the Leafs need a top 6 forward, and with Kessel being so young it's exactly what the Leafs need.

They're saying that Kessel WANTS to come to Toronto, and that he's stopped talking/taking offers from other teams.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Clarktard looked real good tonight. People on HF are saying he's going to be an extremely talented player this year and say maybe 20-25 goals. I dont seeit, but they usually aren't wrong from what ive been reading

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

How many rebuilding teams in the NHL have become cup contenders after trading away multiple draft picks? Burke is forgetting that this isn't the same situation as when he inherited a stacked Ducks team. The Leafs need every single draft pick that they currently have.

What's so special about Kessel? 3 high draft picks for a 30-35 goal scorer? I'd rather just wait until next July and sign a UFA while keeping the picks.
Go back and read my post explaining why it's 3 draft picks that we have to give up. The MINIMUM ANY team has to give up to get Kessel will be 3 draft picks because of the rules under the CBA. The Bruins know they're going to get at least 3 draft picks, so even if a team works out a trade with Boston, Chiarelli is obviously going to say he wants 3 draft picks and maybe even a player.

Do I believe Burke should do this trade? Yes.......the Leafs need a top 6 forward, and with Kessel being so young it's exactly what the Leafs need.

They're saying that Kessel WANTS to come to Toronto, and that he's stopped talking/taking offers from other teams.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I'm familiar with the rules and I read your post.

My opinion is that the Leafs would be giving up way too much for a 30-35 goal scorer who has not proved much in the NHL. He scored 30+ goals last season on thebest team in the East in the regular season next to one of the game's best centers in a contract year. There is plenty of reason for me to be skeptical ofhim as a player. We're not talking about a sure thing here.

Whats the point of giving up 2-3 draft picks for Kessel, even if he's a good player anyways? Leafs aren't good enough to make the playoffs thisyear...if they do somehow sneak into the playoffs within the next 1-2 years they still wont be good enough to compete for the Cup. It's not like this teamis a few pieces away from competing for the Cup and they can afford to trade away draft picks.

Leave it to a Leafs GM to mortgage the future for some immediate help. If you want a sniper that can help immediately, wait until next summer to sign a UFA andkeep your 2-3 draft picks. He.ll, there are bound to be some teams willing to dump salary halfway through this season who'd likely trade away a good playerfor some cap relief.

Back
Top Bottom