|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

indifferent.gif

2mrchad.jpg

quick question regarding the new nhl games. i always get the easports nhl game and even preordered it already but whats the big difference between 2k and ea?

Originally Posted by jcuk3tm0

quick question regarding the new nhl games. i always get the easports nhl game and even preordered it already but whats the big difference between 2k and ea?

EA has better graphics, better game modes, better gameplay, and better online play.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are believed to be the frontrunner in a multi-team fight for Phil Kessel.

While the option of signing Kessel to an offer sheet remains for the Leafs and the other teams in the mix, the morely likely scenario is a trade.

Sources say the trade offers for the 21-year-old winger are in excess of what the Bruins would receive as compensation if Kessel were to sign an offer sheet. In other words, Boston is contemplating a trade that will return a more impressive package than the compensatory one that includes a first, a second and third-round draft picks.

The Leafs, New York Rangers and the Nashville Predators are the three most aggressive bidders, but at least two other teams are also believed to be in the hunt.

At this point there is nothing imminent, but Kessel's future is a hot topic in Boston.

The Boston Globe reported Friday that Kessel has made it clear his priority is to sign an offer sheet with another NHL team and he doesn't intend on negotiating with the Bruins any longer.

Kessel's agent, Wade Arnott refutes this, saying they have never stopped talking to the Bruins and Kessel's priority is to play in the NHL - if not with Boston, then with the team that successfully acquires him.

"The story in the Boston media is a complete fabrication," Arnott told TSN. "Having said that, we are at an impasse with the Bruins."

Arnott insists Kessel hasn't taken a hard stance, but acknowledges that - based on the impasse - the young forward's days in Boston are likely over.

Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli now has to decide whether he wants to embrace the significant interest and trade him within the next few days, or risk what is likely to be his rivals' next move...an offer sheet.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cquan05

The Toronto Maple Leafs are believed to be the frontrunner in a multi-team fight for Phil Kessel.

While the option of signing Kessel to an offer sheet remains for the Leafs and the other teams in the mix, the morely likely scenario is a trade.

Sources say the trade offers for the 21-year-old winger are in excess of what the Bruins would receive as compensation if Kessel were to sign an offer sheet. In other words, Boston is contemplating a trade that will return a more impressive package than the compensatory one that includes a first, a second and third-round draft picks.

The Leafs, New York Rangers and the Nashville Predators are the three most aggressive bidders, but at least two other teams are also believed to be in the hunt.

At this point there is nothing imminent, but Kessel's future is a hot topic in Boston.

The Boston Globe reported Friday that Kessel has made it clear his priority is to sign an offer sheet with another NHL team and he doesn't intend on negotiating with the Bruins any longer.

Kessel's agent, Wade Arnott refutes this, saying they have never stopped talking to the Bruins and Kessel's priority is to play in the NHL - if not with Boston, then with the team that successfully acquires him.

"The story in the Boston media is a complete fabrication," Arnott told TSN. "Having said that, we are at an impasse with the Bruins."

Arnott insists Kessel hasn't taken a hard stance, but acknowledges that - based on the impasse - the young forward's days in Boston are likely over.

Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli now has to decide whether he wants to embrace the significant interest and trade him within the next few days, or risk what is likely to be his rivals' next move...an offer sheet.
pimp.gif

frown.gif

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

And if you like basketball games 2K9>Live09

yeah i totally agree with you. i just never play the 2k hockey series so i just wanted to see if i was missing out on anything but i guess im not

Brandon Dubinsky is still unsigned and its not looking good... He has absolutely zero leverage so I'm not sure what him and his agent are doing. They areover-valuing him IMO... I'm really not a big fan of Dubinsky and I was in the minority of wanting to give him up to Ottawa in the Heatley deal.

Dubinsky in my opinion is a 3rd liner at best at this point in his career. He seams to be confused with what type of player he wants to be. Does he want to bea scrappy, rough it up type guy or a play maker? He seamed lost at times. That said I would love for him to come to NJ.

I cant wait to see Thornton choke again in the playoffs even with a superstar winger next to him.

That being said...both guys will have HUGE seasons. 100 pts each easily...Heatley with close to 50 goals again.

Yeah I wonder if Heater is what they need to finally succeed in the playoffs
laugh.gif

Ottawa also sent a 5th rounder to SJ...........so it's Heatley & a 5th to SJ for Cheech, Milan & a 2nd.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I cant wait to see Thornton choke again in the playoffs even with a superstar winger next to him.

That being said...both guys will have HUGE seasons. 100 pts each easily...Heatley with close to 50 goals again.

I hope this is the year he puts it together in the postseason. Sens didn't make out that bad either, put Cheechoo with Spezza and Danny maybe he puts up#'s again. No where close to 50 but still.

Back
Top Bottom