|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

Might be the early bird special.... personally I would just go with Gamecenter because CenterIce has no HD and the quality is horrible.

gotcha...yeah maybe thats something ill def have to check out. thanks for the info man.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Might be the early bird special.... personally I would just go with Gamecenter because CenterIce has no HD and the quality is horrible.
im going with CenterIce again, alot of the games were in HD for me (Directv). im just mad that MSG 86ed the HD feeds for out of market CenterIceSubscribers.

also for those of you that got Directv the VS channel is gone. so you might want to hop on Gamecenter or CenterIce to get your Hockey fix.

^ yea that kinda sucks for DirecTV subscribers.... especially once the playoffs roll around. The NHL will be back on ESPN once their contract with Versusexpires.

Luckily, I have Verizon FiOS

I am thinking of getting FIOS is my new house. Right now we have Comcast and I didnt buy the NHL package because to be honest I am to cheap to buy it. Youhappy with FIOS ATFK?

I'm really liking my Paul Stastny pick-up. He's another sleeper that we all forgot about in the draft...75+ point potential even on a rebuilding Avsteam.

I dont see him getting that. Aside from Hejduk who is getting up there in age I dont know if he'll put that up. Maybe between 60 and 65 but it'll betough. The Av's do not look very good IMO.

Stastny would have to have an unbelievable season to get 75+ points.......His rookie year was 78, then dipped to 71, and then last year in 45 games he had36pts. With Sakic gone, I just don't see Paul reaching 75+ points this year, who knows though.....we all know he's capable of it.

Stastny Centering Parise and Kane on Team USA
pimp.gif
(im just assuming thiswould be the top line)

Who cares.............we all know CANADA is going to dominate and get that GOLD on home soil
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I'll be there to witness it too
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

with Timmy T in net its a wrap for Canada and the rest of the world
laugh.gif

NHL 10 next tuesday
pimp.gif

Goku, Im a team USA fan with Parise, Martin, and Langenbrunner but there is no way USA even medals IMO. I hope Im wrong though.

The Boston Globe is reporting that Kessel's Toronto-based agent Wade Arnott has told the Bruins that his clients priority is to sign a free-agent offer sheet with one of the NHL's other 29 teams.

Chiarelli has stated that the Bruins intend to match any offer made to their former first round draft choice.
The Bruins have reportedly offered Kessel a deal similar to the three-year, $11.25 million contract signed by David Krejci earlier in the summer, however it is believed that Kessel is looking for a contract between $4-5 million per season.

Boston have only $1.7 million in cap space available for the upcoming season and would likely have to make a move to shed salary to get Kessel back in the fold.

It is believed that the Toronto Maple Leafs, along with the New York Rangers and the Nashville Predators all have interest in Kessel.

Senators GM Bryan Murray doesn't believe a trade involving Dany Heatley is imminent, but the Ottawa Sun reports he definitely has a few irons in the fire.
Citing two unnamed league executives, the Sun claims the Senators are involved in trade discussions with the San Jose Sharks that could also include the Los Angeles Kings.

According to the paper, Heatley would be on his way to the Sharks, center Patrick Marleau would move south to Los Angeles, and forwards Alexander Frolov and Jarret Stoll would end up in Ottawa.

"I talked to other teams (Tuesday) for quite a bit of time, actually," Murray told the Sun. "I haven't received any phone calls as any follow-up."

Sharks GM Doug Wilson has indicated several times that he has "never" asked Marleau, the club's former captain, to waive his no-trade clause, but that doesn't mean he never will.

Heatley will be attending the Senators training camp if a deal is not reached in time, and is prepared to start the season with Ottawa. His preference, however, is still to be traded; a message his agents (Stacey McAlpine and J.P. Barry) continue to tell the Sens.

"They've indicated all along that they prefer to be traded," Murray said. "We keep talking and hoping that we can resolve the issue either with him or with a trade."

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

If all OTT wants in return is Frolov/Stoll why don't the Kings want Heatley themselves?
yeah this trade makes no sense for LA.

Back
Top Bottom