|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

aea2520e7051177216aa507f8445c7d269e389e.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

i got a hold of another Devils authentic (RBK 6100), this will be turned into a Parise rookie jersey
pimp.gif
. hey you wouldnt happen to know how often sportsk restocks?
they don't re-stock too often but if you send them an e-mail, they may be able to order what you're looking for from the manufacturer.

Confirmed: Rangers walk away fromZherdev's arbitration reward

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has exercised its right to walk away from the arbitrator's award to Nikolai Zherdev, thereby allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent.

[h2]Report: Sharks' Roenick to retire[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

San Jose Sharks center Jeremy Roenick will announce his retirement Thursday, according to a report from Comcast SportsNet Bay Area.

Roenick, who spent 20 years in the NHL, will be ending his career after two seasons with the Sharks, who have scheduled a news conference for 2 p.m. ET Thursday.

Roenick, 39, known for his outspoken, charismatic and sometimes-grating personality, is a nine-time All-Star and two-time Olympian. He began his career in 1988-89 as a first-round pick with the Chicago Blackhawks.

^ Always with the gifs
laugh.gif

BTW, when does the schedule come out? I'm looking to start visiting each arena (maybe about 8 or 9 a season) and trying to get a feel of when and where togo this year. I definitely want to go to Chicago, St. Louis, Calgary and Nashville this season.

they're are goalies with bigger equipment... ex. Luongo, Giguere, Fleury

Devils fans think Brodeur is some type of hero for wearing smaller equipment meanwhile his pads are only 2 inches smaller than Lundqvist's. If Brodeur isat a disadvantage for wearing smaller leg pads, best believe he would wear the maximum size allowed. Goalies wear what they are comfortable in. When I playedgoalie, I preferred the smaller pads because they are easier to move in. When I wore big equipment, I sucked.

I'm really not trying to be a #$%%, gingers... It's just annoying that whenever somebody mentions Henrik Lundqvist, Devil fans have to start with the"big pads" crap.

Lundqvist just looks uncomfortable in his chest protector like its too big for him or he doesn't have any shoulder support. If anything his leg pads alwayslook more narrow compared to other goalies pads

PHOENIX -- One week after the NHL rejected him as a potential franchise owner, Jim Balsillie's dream of buying the Phoenix Coyotes and moving them tosouthern Ontario has been given new life.

U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge Redfield T. Baum ruled Wednesday that all bids for the financially ailing Coyotes, those to keep the team in Arizona or to moveit elsewhere, would be accepted for the Sept. 10 auction.

He specifically said the US$212.5-million offer from Balsillie, the Canadian billionaire who twice before tried to move an American team to Canada, would beconsidered. That sets up another showdown between Balsillie and the NHL, because the league's board of governors unanimously rejected him as an owner in aJuly 29 vote.

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Lundqvist just looks uncomfortable in his chest protector like its too big for him or he doesn't have any shoulder support. If anything his leg pads always look more narrow compared to other goalies pads
the chest protector he's wearing in the video is definitely smaller than the one he wore last season... its flatter

His chest protector is definetly smaller. My bad ATFK it was just a joke. The pads to look nice though and I am well aware of guys with as big if not biggerpads like Luongo, Giggy, etc. All in good fun.

I know it was just a joke but I had to say something...
laugh.gif

if you look on hfboards, the only thing Devil fans talk about are Lundqvist's pads and its extremely lame/annoying. But I do think the pads should beregulated a little better. It should go by the size of of each goaltender. A 5'8 goalie like Manny Legace should not have the same size equipment as6'3 Roberto Luongo.

While we're on the goalie equipment topic and Im bored Im gonna post some pics.

First we have the biggest most ******ed pads ever worn by the current Islanders GM Garth Snow

And now some of my favorites pads from past and present....
nhl_a_fleury_sq_300.jpg

loved these because they were so unique, lots hated them

price1.jpg

liked these as they were "throw backish"

brodeur.jpg

Arguably my favorite ones he's worn....

maskbeezer02.jpg

One of my favorites masks ever....

Tukka Rasks mask....

conklinmask2.jpg

Conklins Detroit mask is
smokin.gif

curtis-mcelhinney1.jpg

Mcelhinneys mask is sweet....

sarah-palin-mask-left.jpg

lol...

Wreggets from the mid 90's was a fav when I was younger....

Cujo's always kept the same basic design which is cool....

978447938_l.jpg

And lastly IDK who's this is the but the paint work is amazing...

Yes I was very bored.

Back
Top Bottom