|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

Originally Posted by cquan05

I didn't bother asking when it came out, it's gotta be soon since it's ready to be shipped out to stores (At least in Canada).......That actually brings me to my next question, ATFK where do you get your hockey gear? I've been to the states (NY specifically) plenty of times, and I have not once seen a spot that sells hockey equipment or sticks. Do you guys have stores that specifically cater to selling sports gear (incl hockey)?

ATFK, as for your next stick......go with the Bauer Supreme One95, I've had mine for a while now and it's Top 3 in lightest sticks I've ever used. Malkin curve is
pimp.gif
There is a store by me that specifically sells hockey gear but they overcharge so much... I either get my equipment there or I order online.

I've already had a Supreme One95... I loved the stick but it broke pretty easily. In warmups, I took a soft wrist shot and the blade snapped off.

But yea, the Malkin curve is
pimp.gif
... I use a Zetterberg curve on my SE16which is identical to the Malkin.

Smoke Ya Later, they've been doing that with Elias lately. It started out with Brodeur things and now they're doing Elias. I know he's the Devilsall time leading scorer, but I forgot just how good he is/was during the early 2000's and he still is now IMO a threat any time he has the puck.

I need one more for my fantasy football league. Its a ten team league, I'd prefer to keep it someone who did the hockey league with some of us. First oneto message me gets the spot.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by cquan05

I didn't bother asking when it came out, it's gotta be soon since it's ready to be shipped out to stores (At least in Canada).......That actually brings me to my next question, ATFK where do you get your hockey gear? I've been to the states (NY specifically) plenty of times, and I have not once seen a spot that sells hockey equipment or sticks. Do you guys have stores that specifically cater to selling sports gear (incl hockey)?

ATFK, as for your next stick......go with the Bauer Supreme One95, I've had mine for a while now and it's Top 3 in lightest sticks I've ever used. Malkin curve is
pimp.gif
There is a store by me that specifically sells hockey gear but they overcharge so much... I either get my equipment there or I order online.

I've already had a Supreme One95... I loved the stick but it broke pretty easily. In warmups, I took a soft wrist shot and the blade snapped off.

But yea, the Malkin curve is
pimp.gif
... I use a Zetterberg curve on my SE16 which is identical to the Malkin.
[Denzel] My Man [Denzel]
pimp.gif

I actually put the SE16 Zetterberg curve and the Bauer Malkin curve side by side and chose the One95. I've used Easton pretty much all my life and decidedto grab my 2nd One95 cause I liked it so much. I'm afraid that blade will snap pretty easily as you said that's how yours broke, hopefully mine lasts awhile before that happens
laugh.gif

Ps........a buddy of mine told me Sergei and Fedor Fedorov have been rapping? I tried to google it but didn't find anything.......I'll have to ask himmore info abt that
roll.gif

Because of growing concerns over the manner in which teams are locking up top players to front-loaded, long-term contracts, the National Hockey League has launched an investigation into the recent signings of Marian Hossa and Chris Pronger, sources told ESPN.com.

The NHL will hire an outside firm to determine whether the Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers discussed a timeline for Hossa's or Pronger's potential retirement before the long-term contracts were signed.

At the end of the investigation the NHL will decide whether to pursue charges against the the teams for circumventing the collective bargaining agreement. The teams could face fines, the loss of draft picks or both.

Hossa signed a 12-year deal with the Blackhawks that begins with payments of $7.9 million for the first seven years and finishes with four years at $1 million annually. The overall cap hit for the Blackhawks is a completely manageable $5.275 million a year.

Hossa will turn 42 if he plays to the end of the contract, which raised red flags for the NHL and was one factor in calling for a probe of the deal.

The NHL is also concerned about the dramatic drop-off in the payments. The last four years at $1 million a year represent just 6.3 percent of the total contract even though that's one-third of the years on the deal.

The problem, from the league's perspective, is if a player is locked in to a deal for $1 million between the ages of 38 and 42 it could be incentive to retire because he cannot renegotiate.

One NHL executive suggested the average salary of most 40-year-old players is about $1 million a year, so the back end of the Hossa deal isn't out of line.

The Pronger deal is different because even if Pronger, who will turn 35 before the seven-year extension kicks in next summer, retires, the Flyers will take an average cap hit of $5 million annually for the life of the contract. At least that's the league's take on the deal.

Still, the league is likewise examining the Pronger deal that has him making $7.6, $7.6, $7.2 and $7 million in the first four years, $4 million in the fifth year and then $525,000 in each of the last two years. That makes the cap hit manageable at a shade under $5 million annually.

The Blackhawks released a statement on Friday denying any violation of the CBA.

Philadelphia GM Paul Holmgren was unavailable Friday.

For a number of years the NHL has been warning GMs that the league will be watching these kinds of front-loaded, long-term contracts -- a warning that was expressly made again at the general managers meetings in Florida in March -- to try to curb what agents and GMs acknowledge is a loophole in the current collective bargaining agreement.

Although most people point to contracts tendered by the Detroit Red Wings earlier this year to top players like Henrik Zetterberg (12 years) and Johan Franzen (11 years) as other examples of what the league is trying to eradicate, it's believed the NHL has examined those deals and concluded they were negotiated within the spirit of the CBA.

Still, numerous sources believe the NHL's investigation is nothing more than a chill tactic by the league to try to bring GMs to heel.

These sources point out that both the Pronger and Hossa contracts were registered by the league which, they believe, suggests the contracts are compliant with the CBA.

If the league does try to sanction either of these teams, watch for the NHLPA to involve itself as it will view such punitive action as a move by the league to limit players' rights.

Scott Burnside covers the NHL for ESPN.com.

The Red Wings seem to have their sights set on two unrestricted free agents, the Detroit Booth News reports, with Jason Williams and Petr Sykora the prime targets.
Yesterday, the Wings offered Williams a one-year contract, which seems to have bought the veteran forward off guard.

"I wasn't expecting the call, but after they lost (Mikael) Samuelsson and possibly not being able to get (Jiri) Hudler back, they talked to my agent and we thought it might be a good fit to come back," Williams told the Booth News.

Williams, who turns 29 on Aug. 11, would like to play in a hockey market in 2009-10. He made $2.2 million last season and doesn't have a timeline as to when he'll make a decision about next season.

Meanwhile, the Red Wings are also interested in Sykora.

According to the Booth News, the Wings have contacted Sykora's agent, but have yet to offer a formal contract.

Interesting stuff right there with the Pronger and Hossa deals. While I do not think it is illegal to do what they did as far as breaking rules set by theleague, it is pretty deceiving. I mean $525,000 the last two years for Pronger? Its a way to cheat the cap and I wouldnt be surprised if something is done inregards to them tampering with the system.

the NHL shouldn't have approved the contracts if they thought it was illegal... however, I do think those contracts are %*%+++@%. The Blackhawks shouldlose a draft pick or something... so should Detroit and Philly.

The San Jose Sharks are interested in Dany Heatley and have offered Jonathan Cheechoo, Christian Erhoff and a 1st Round draft pick. However, Sens GM wants anestablished scoring winger and San Jose is looking to involve the Montreal Canadiens as a 3rd team in order to complete the deal for Heatley. Its not knownwhat trade the Sharks and Canadiens could pull off, in order for San Jose to complete the deal with Ottawa for Heatley.

Anyone collect those old 90's Headliner toys??
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I remember I used to be into them back then.

I was cleaning out my parents garage, and found a whole lineup of them.

Richter

2ewp2r7.jpg

Not sure what time exactly the Rangers have, but there is a possibility they will trade Zherdev to either the LA Kings, Dallas Stars or Edmonton Oilers. Thelast day they can trade him is tomorrow (Tues August 4th).......if they can't trade him within the next 24 hours, they'll walk away from him as Istated earlier.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

just ordered a Vinny Lecavalier 03-04 jersey...
pimp.gif
nice, just throw a stanley cup patch on it if doesnt already have one and your set
pimp.gif
. im still looking for a Lecavalier 98-99 alternate, i know a lot of people hatethis jersey but i NEED it.

i got a hold of another Devils authentic (RBK 6100), this will be turned into a Parise rookie jersey
pimp.gif
. hey you wouldnt happen to know how often sportsk restocks?

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Kessel isnt worth 5 million right now, thats blasphemy.
*paging Kevin Lowe....

(cause you know he's dumb enough to do this....)

Back
Top Bottom