|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

firstborn - what team do you like? chances are versus won't show them quite too often. i would say they show anywhere from 2-4 games a week on average?someone else can chime in.

if you like your hometown team you're lucky, otherwise you need NHL center ice...

Originally Posted by Proshares

He's a Blackhawks fan (I think) they should get some decent games this year on NBC and Versus.
oh word. yeah with hossa now, they're def. going to be fun to watch...they'll get coverage.

sue me if late:
Updated: July 28, 2009, 1:00 PM ET

[h2]Amonte to enter U.S. Hockey HOF[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPNChicago.com

Former Chicago Blackhawks winger Tony Amonte will be inducted into the United States Hockey Hall of Fame.

The 2009 class also includes Tom Barrasso, John LeClair, Frank Zamboni and the 1998 U.S. Olympic women's ice hockey team.

Amonte twice led the Hawks in scoring -- 1996-97 and 1999-00 -- and broke the 30-goal mark in eight of his 15 seasons in the NHL. The five-time All-Star also played for the New York Rangers, Phoenix Coyotes, Philadelphia Flyers and Calgary Flames, finishing with 416 goals and 484 assists.

His 900-point total ranks 11th on the all-time list for American-born payers. Amonte is a native of Hingham, Mass.

As mentioned I am a Blackhawks fan, is Center Ice only available to Direct-Tv? Amonte being inducted
pimp.gif

^ I'm not sure but I get it on my regular cable service.

As much as I hated John LeClair I loved to watch him play. Wasn't a huge Amonte fan though...

Apparently they offer Center Ice on my cable carrier. I am suspect though because they also claim to offer MLB Extra Innings. I was under the impression thatExtra Innings was a Direct-Tv package only
Scratch-Chin.gif

Zherdev is getting between $3.85 and $4.15 from what I've heard.........he will NOT begetting $4.5

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

NHL10 comes out on Sep. 15! can''t wait. does anyone know if WGN airs blackhawks games?
I've never seen the Hawks on WGN... I'm in New York and for some reason I get WGN so I get alot of Cubs games.

I grew up watching cubs games on WGN. I've been without WGN for a while and just got it in San Antonio with time warner, that's why I was asking.

Center Ice is going to be your best bet. I dont have it because my area has three different channel possibilities for the Devils to be on so I am good. Plus Ihave VS, MSG, and CSN so I can get hockey pretty much every night of the week as it is kind of rare that at least one of the 4 local teams isn't playing.However I do love my Doc Emeric. No not Chico, but Doc. Best ever IMO

NHL10 comes out on Sep. 15! can''t wait.
pimp.gif
Patrick Kane is the on the covertoo. Has anyone won the cup on 09, what's the celebration like?

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

pimp.gif
Patrick Kane is the on the cover too. Has anyone won the cup on 09, what's the celebration like?
i'm only 65 games into my season, i have a bit of a ways to go. needless to say, phil kessel leads to league in goals scored
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

pimp.gif
Patrick Kane is the on the cover too. Has anyone won the cup on 09, what's the celebration like?
it's boring but nhl 10's is gonna be nice!

Playoff Mode
Essentially an expanded Battle for the Cup, Playoff Mode extends the journey to the Stanley Cup to include the entire run through the playoffs. As in the realNHL, 16 teams begin the playoffs and you'll be able to substitute teams from any non-NHL league into your customized playoffs as you like. You'll haveseveral options for playoff seeding: conference reseed, conference bracket, league reseed, league bracket or divisional and you'll have the same optionsfor series length in Playoff Mode that you find in Battle For the Cup Mode.

Other options in this mode include home/away type (standard, alternate, reverse alternate), trophy type (Stanley Cup, Calder Cup, EA Cup), starting rosters(current and default), and tuner set version (version 1.0 or whatever set is the most recent). You'll also be able to adjust game rules for things like tiebreak (continuous OT, shootout, or 5 minutes of 4-on-4 followed by a shootout), icing, injuries, penalty frequency, as well as post-whistle rules (relaxed,authentic, or my personal favorite: anything goes).

Season Mode
Expanding out from the NHL Finals and the playoffs, Season Mode is just what it sounds like--the chance to play a full season schedule with your favorite teamor teams, without getting into the more detailed rigmarole of Be a GM mode. All 30 NHL teams can be user-controlled in season mode if you like (though you canplay in seasons with teams from the other leagues in the game such as the AHL, Elitserien, SM-Liiga, O2 Extarliga and more) and the same options you have forplayoff length, tie breakers, and so on apply in season mode as well.

Injury Time and Storylines
Two common threads throughout all of the above modes are injuries and game storylines. While injuries are nothing new to season mode, you'll also need tobe aware of injuries in your Battle For the Cup and Playoff series games. For example, if your star shooter injures his shoulder, you can choose to keep himout of the game and save him for later in the series, or play him with lower attributes and a risk for sustaining a greater injury.
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/media_player/proteus/one/proteus2.swfhttp://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/media_player/proteus/one/proteus2.swf
Coupled with injuries are the idea of gamestorylines. Similar to what the NBA Live 10 team is doing with basketball, storylines in NHL 10 will keep track of big events throughout the series or seasonyou're playing and update you along the way for big-matchups. It's all context sensitive too--so if, say, the Ducks' Ryan Getzlaf injures PatrickMarleau of the San Jose Sharks, the next time the Ducks visit the Shark Tank, the relevant storyline might be the Sharks' looking for revenge on Getzlaf.In addition, you can expect San Jose fans to boo mercilessly Getzlaf every time he touches the puck.

The complete picture of NHL 10 is slowly coming in to focus, with one of the remaining big chunks the changes to the EA Sports Hockey League feature that wasintroduced so successfully in last year's game. Look for details on the EASHL and more on NHL 10 in the coming weeks.

Blackhawk Down
Sources say Marian Hossa may require shoulder surgery that would sideline him until December.

Swept Back to Carolina
The Hurricanes have re-acquired Aaron Ward from the Bruins in exchange for Patrick Eaves.

Road Trip
A group looking to buy the Coyotes would reportedly play regular season games in Halifax and Saskatoon.

Capital Signing
Despite his notorious reputation, the Senators hope Alex Kovalev will become the leader they need.

from tsn.ca

Road Trip
A group looking to buy the Coyotes would reportedly play regular season games in Halifax and Saskatoon.
whaaaaaat???

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by Proshares

ATFK how the hell do you get WGN?

laugh.gif
I have Verizon FiOS and for some reason I just have it...
laugh.gif

I didn't even pay extra for it or anything
yeah i have FIOS, i get WGN too. i even get the god damn YES network
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom