|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

Road Trip
A group looking to buy the Coyotes would reportedly play regular season games in Halifax and Saskatoon.
The group wants to play 5 home games in Saskatoon... and those would all be against Canadian teams. They are meeting with the NHL today todiscuss this. Tough part is, that if we do make the playoffs, they want the games there too.

You know how %**$!# up that is??!! This city hasnt seen a playoff game in years, and if we do make it, theyll play the games in Canada

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Tanguay to the Yotes... i hear its for 2 or 3 years and between 4.5-5 mil per year. Waiting for NHL approval.
Might want to go and re-check that source.........he may sign with Phoenix, but it won't be for 4.5-5 a year.

Unrestricted free agent Alex Tanguay has received a lot of interest from teams willing to sign him, but the offers to date has been less than impressive.
Tanguay, 29, made $5.325 million last season while playing for the Montreal Canadiens. The Ottawa Sun claims the best offer he's received so far has been for $1.2 million per season.

"A lot of teams simply don't have the cap space," an unnamed league executive told the Sun. "People were wondering how this free-agency period was going to shake out. The top players were still able to get their money. (The remaining top free agents) are going to have to fight for theirs.

"Now, they're all playing a waiting game. Both sides are waiting to see which side might bend. My belief is it's going to have to be these players because the money just isn't there."

The Phoenix Coyotes, New York Islanders, Florida Panthers, Edmonton Oilers and Tampa Bay Lightning are among the teams that have inquired about Tanguay's services.

"I have had several conversations with the representative for Alex Tanguay," Coyotes GM Don Maloney told the Coyotes' website on Friday. "He is a very talented player yet his injuries are of some concern. We continue to have discussions to see if there is a way we can work out a contract acceptable to both the player and the Club."

It's uncertain when Tanguay will come to terms on a new contract.

Try not to throw out "so and so has will sign with....." unless you're 100% certain
wink.gif

ATFK is right, man I'm gonna hate seeing Marty in Sher Wood gear........
sick.gif
laugh.gif

SHERBROOKE, QC, July 29 /CNW/ - Sher-Wood Hockey Inc. announced today
that it has entered into a long-term endorsement arrangement with Canadian
goalie Martin Brodeur, who holds the all time world record for NHL game-wins.
Together they have entered into an exclusive multi-year agreement for Mr.
Brodeur's use of Sher-Wood branded goalie equipment in all NHL and
Internationally sanctioned events such as the Olympics. The contract spans the
hockey giant's on-ice career, as well as, the development of his MB30 brand of
hockey related merchandise. Mr. Brodeur will also act as an official
Ambassador for Sher-Wood.
Code:

Gingers, would you want Shanny back on your squad?
There is enough interest around the league in Brendan Shanahan that the veteran winger is already looking forward to training camp and his 22nd NHL season. But agent Rick Curran wouldn't say on Monday if Shanahan and the Devils were getting close to a deal. Shanahan, 40, is an unrestricted free agent. Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello has said he'd like to bring Shanahan back at the right price. He also said the decision would hinge on discussions with new head coach Jacques Lemaire.

If used the right way I think Shanny brings a great deal to the team. He's great on the PP, can kill penalties when needed, my only concern is the abilityto play at a high level all season. If he is used like some players in baseball where they get a game off every couple days that'd be fine. I say if theDevils play on average say 17 games a month and he plays 11 I'd take it. He'd be good for young guys who might crack the lineup this year like Bergforsand Halishuk. I'd def welcome him back as would most of the people on the HF Devils section.

Originally Posted by cquan05

ATFK is right, man I'm gonna hate seeing Marty in Sher Wood gear........
sick.gif
laugh.gif

SHERBROOKE, QC, July 29 /CNW/ - Sher-Wood Hockey Inc. announced today
that it has entered into a long-term endorsement arrangement with Canadian
goalie Martin Brodeur, who holds the all time world record for NHL game-wins.
Together they have entered into an exclusive multi-year agreement for Mr.
Brodeur's use of Sher-Wood branded goalie equipment in all NHL and
Internationally sanctioned events such as the Olympics. The contract spans the
hockey giant's on-ice career, as well as, the development of his MB30 brand of
hockey related merchandise. Mr. Brodeur will also act as an official
Ambassador for Sher-Wood.

if my memory serves me correctly Sherwood and the guy who started DR goalie pads are partners. Brodeurs pads are still the original DR design he's hadsince he was a rookie. He's also pretty clsoe to the DR founder from what I've read. Either way I hope they aren't predominantly white.

Correct which is why I would want/expect him to be used in a manner in which his stamina and overall physical wellness would be preserved for the playoffs andwhatnot. If he plays all 82 games he'll be exhausted by that time, but if he plays somewhere in the lines of say 65-70 that'd be good, I dont know howmuch they're willing to do that though.

i always thought vaughn made the coolest goal pads "back in the day"...but some of the modern designs are wild.

1993.jpg

1995.jpg

1996.jpg

1999j.jpg

2001 (no pad envy here)
2001a.jpg

2001b.jpg

2002g.jpg

2004o.jpg

2006z.jpg

2007w.jpg

2009j.jpg

95,96,99,2001,2002 are my fav's and yes I am bored.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

You were right ATFK and they're hideous IMO.....
Wait until you see them on the ice... Every year, when I see pics of Lundqvist's new pads, I think they're disgusting but they always lookawesome when I get to see them on the ice.

Was at the warehouse today and got a chance to check out the new CCM stick, completely forget what it was called but it's definitely one of, if not thelightest stick I've ever picked up. It was a Tavares curve, and all I can say is there's no chance I'd be able to hit the net with thatcurve
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The MB30 is to much "look at me" IMO. I love him and am glad he's a Devil but they've never been about individuals and the whole logo thingis a bit much IMO.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

You were right ATFK and they're hideous IMO.....
Wait until you see them on the ice... Every year, when I see pics of Lundqvist's new pads, I think they're disgusting but they always look awesome when I get to see them on the ice.

Thats because Lundqvist's pads look like Sealy mattresses. Jk. Poor joke.

-hey gingers did you watch that patrick elias special on MSG?

-NHL 10 will have a few new Warrior sticks in the game which is dope!

-and for Marty's pads I like the second 2001 pic those CCM joints.

-FIRST B0RN: yeah they hoist the cup but it's real quick and then they take a team photo.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

^do you know when it comes out?... Right now I'm using an Easton SE16 and I could use a new stick soon.
I didn't bother asking when it came out, it's gotta be soon since it's ready to be shipped out to stores (At least inCanada).......That actually brings me to my next question, ATFK where do you get your hockey gear? I've been to the states (NY specifically) plenty oftimes, and I have not once seen a spot that sells hockey equipment or sticks. Do you guys have stores that specifically cater to selling sports gear (inclhockey)?

ATFK, as for your next stick......go with the Bauer Supreme One95, I've had mine for a while now and it's Top 3 in lightest sticks I've ever used.Malkin curve is
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom