|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

kanoobel?... I hope that was a joke.
laugh.gif

it was, i mean i dont really know how to spell his name so i just tried my hardest to sound it out lol ... didnt feel like looking it up ...

Capitals lost Fedorov & Brashear and they added Mike KNUBLE... I might be forgetting somebody but they really don't need anything else with a few NHLready prospects coming up and a solid young goalie in Simeon Varlamov.

Karl Alzner is a defenseman who got some time in the NHL last season... he is the Caps' best prospect and will most likely be on the team in October.

They added Brendan Morrison too, but they're pretty much handcuffed due to some bad contracts (Nylander, Pothier, Theodore).

Originally Posted by UsedToBeCool

They added Brendan Morrison too, but they're pretty much handcuffed due to some bad contracts (Nylander, Pothier, Theodore).

yeah....but I'm hearing the KHL is showing some interest in Nylander....that would be HUGE if the Caps can dump his salary. Theo is off the booksfollowing this season, so he may play balls out knowing he has another potential contract on the horizon...

*Alzner is one of our best prospects, but keep an eye out for John Carlson. By all accounts, there are people saying he may be better than Alzner RIGHT NOW. He played real well w. Hershey last year, and he should get some PT in the NHL this season for a few games....

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

bad move for the Leafs
Nah, so far everyone here is OK with the move. We're just happy we got that 2nd rounder......I do believe we could've given up a differentdefenceman though, Stralman was one of our best young up and coming dman but enh. Primeau just turned 33 and is from this area so it's gotta feel goodhe'll be playing in front of the hometown crowd. Big guy that can bring some (more) grit to our 3rd line. Burke is still trying to deal for that skilledforward, so we'll see what happens........

For the right price I would. I think he'd compliment well with Elias and Rolston more so than Bergfors (he's probably taking Giontas vacancy). I wantto fast forward this year to where we have Joseffson, Tedenby, and Cormier all up with the Devils not in SEL or AHL.

Do you think $4.5m/per is the right price? Because thats what he wants and thinks he deserves.... which is absurd. And he's the type of player that wouldsulk the whole season because he wasn't awarded enough money in arbitration.

Yeah I just looked up his arbitration, for some reason I thought he was around $3 or $3.5 mill, not $4.5. If he was at 3 or 3.5 I'd welcome it, but not at$4.5 especially since I want Parise to get an extension this year so he doesnt ever come close to arbitration or becoming an UFA.

Tanguay to the Yotes... i hear its for 2 or 3 years and between 4.5-5 mil per year. Waiting for NHL approval.

NHL gunna start hookin us up like they did Pittsburgh cus of all the financial problems we have
pimp.gif

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Tampa Bay Lightning to buy out left wing Vinny Prospal[/h3]
The Lightning is making plans to buy out the last three years of the contract of left wing Vinny Prospal. The transaction will cost the Lightning $7 million spread out over six years.

Back
Top Bottom