|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

Well that clarifies that. I wish the Devils would just fast forward through this year. The 2010 team will be a whole lot different. Tedenby, Joseffson, Burlon,should all be up and I am psyched about them. Chances are Bergfors will make the team this year which should be nice providing he plays with skilled players.If he wastes on the 3rd or 4th line its a #$*$!@ move.

I personally don't think Kovalchuk will get 9 million a year, not because he's not worth it, but because of the salary cap and the way teams arespending in this day and age. 9 mill is a lot to commit to one player, whether it be Kovalchuk, Iginla, Malkin, Crosby or AO. It'll be interesting to seewhere he ends up though, for some reason I think he'll be loyal to ATL and re-sign with them if they put up the proper $$ which I heard they will.

On Nik Zherdev's arbitration case:

Beyond the Blueshirts blog

-Now, at the threshold of the [arbitration] hearing, is your mind uneasy?
- Not especially. My agent Alexander Tyzhnykh and I are sure we're right. I believe that I deserve more [than the $3.25m qualifying offer]. Look at my statistics for the past season. I don't think that I'll be left without a team. My agent has assured me that several NHL clubs are waiting for the the situation with the arbitration case to be settled and will show substantial interest in me.

-Nikolai, do you suppose that it's a plot of Rangers coach John Tortorella to tell the team's management that he doesn't see you in his game plan?
- Anything's possible. There's no point in blaming a person without evidence. It could be that the coach has nothing to do with it at all. Why even start guessing? Though the previous coach of the team, Tom Renney, trusted me more than Tortorella. But John didn't tell me that I didn't suit him.

What a terrible attitude to have. I really wouldn't mind if he leaves.

I dont necessarily think he's in the wrong though ATFK. He is stating the truth basically. Torts doesnt really seam to have him in his plans. He's agood player, but I don't think he necessarily is on the brink of being a super star. I can see him getting $5 mill a year though especially since a guylike Gionta is.

Zherdev doesn't deserve more than #3.75 a year end of story...........I hate how certain players get ___ amount of money, and then the next guy thinks hedeserves the same or more when BOTH players are garbage
laugh.gif
(I'mspeaking in general btw, I'm not referring to Gionta/Zherdev directly)........

Well you could speak to that situation. Thats what I like about Lou, he knew Gionta was going to be offered more, but I dont see the logic behind paying a guy$5 mil a year when he hasnt dont squat in 3 years. Gionta is a solid player, but 3.5 to 3.75 would be the limit in my opinion with him. Maybe him and Gomez canget back to where they were in NJ since they're back together in Montreal.

Center Brad Richards' tenure in Dallas might be coming to an abrupt end, as the Stars are reportedly trying to trade him, according to the New York Post.
The Post has reported for several weeks that the Stars are looking to move Richards, who has two-years remaining on his contract, which includes a no-trade clause, that pays him $7.8 million per season.

The paper claims Stars owner Tom Hicks is having financial problems, and as a result the team might have to cut payroll.

It's believed the Rangers are among the teams interested in Richards, though they might not have enough room under the salary cap to accommodate him.

Richards would have to approve any deal the Stars try to make, much like when he accepted the move from Tampa Bay to Dallas.

Gingers/Quan/ATFK

Do the Devils have enough space to potentially go after Richards? I've always like his game but I don't know if he'd be a good fit in NJ or whatline he'd play on.

Originally Posted by bobby1109

Gingers/Quan/ATFK

Do the Devils have enough space to potentially go after Richards? I've always like his game but I don't know if he'd be a good fit in NJ or what line he'd play on.

Richards IMO would not be a good fit in NJ. I think he's overrated but that might just be me. Plus that is a huge cap hit and Lou is extremelyunderstanding about the REAL possibility of the cap LOWERING for next year. Plus he's got to resign Zajac after this season or before as well as Martin.They have a talented group of young players coming up for what looks like the 2010-2011 season so they'll ride this year out with what they have possiblyparting with Bergfors but the core will remain the same. The money doesnt indicate the return IMO on Richards.

Wow Dallas is nuts. They better get a certified scorer cause they don't have any one who can put in points.. Richards was a great player for Dallas and Iwould love to see him stay..

http://allhockey.ru/news/57412/
http://allhockey.ru/news/57412/

Google translation:

" "Atlanta" is going to sign a multi-year contract with Ilya Kovalchuk. . At the same time forward the annual salary of $ 11.36 million a year - the maximum possible in the NHL.

In these days of negotiations between Dzheem Grossman,Kovalchuk agent and general manager of "Atlanta" Don Uoddellom. . The agent refused the player's official comments. Uoddell also confirmed that the club intends to enter into long-term contract with Kovalchuk.

". "Atlanta" Ilya offer a contract in which he will earn $ 11.36 million a year. . This is the maximum fee allowed by the League. Every hockey player can receive a maximum of 20% of the wage ceiling ($ 56.8 million next season).

. This will be a record for NHL postlokautnogo period. Earlier in the league, no player has not earned such amount of space. For comparison: in the next season, Alexander Ovechkin a fee of $ 9 million, and Sidney Crosby - $ 8.7 million

$11.36MM/per...
eek.gif

And you guys thought I was nuts for suggesting he would get 9M/per...
laugh.gif

P.S-> this came from a Russian website so the translation is a little strange.

They're even more nuts if they're offering 11m/per. They don't spend to cap, so that's just under 25% of their salary in one player. I knowthey want to keep their franchise guy, but c'mon, this is just desperation if true.

There is no way he gets that. The cap is going to lower next year to somewhere closer to 50 mil than 60 mil. So you give 1/5th of your salary to one guy? Noway. Atlanta's organization blows but not that bad.

Zajac avoiding arbitration is huge. Things get said in arbitration that sometimes erk one side or the other. Im glad he's resigned.

Islanders signed Martin Biron to a 1yr/$1.4m deal. Pretty good price, but I guess DiPietro is going to be rehabbing for awhile.

just got my jersey in the mail today... since Grachev is a long shot to make the team, who else should I put on it?

I'm thinking maybe Marc Staal, but I'm not sure.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

just got my jersey in the mail today... since Grachev is a long shot to make the team, who else should I put on it?

I'm thinking maybe Marc Staal, but I'm not sure.

it's not safe to put anyone on jerseys these days

Back
Top Bottom