|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

Is anybody else on here a STH? I'm just wondering what the deadlines for renewal are for other teams. The deadline for the Rangers was 2 weeks ago which isextremely early and I already have an appointment this thursday to upgrade my seats. I never remember doing it this early.

Anyone know when the fenway tickets go on sale for the bruins and flyers? I might have to try and take a day or two off and get up there for that.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

ATFK...how hard do you think it will be for me to get bruins @ rangers tix? i just moved to NY and gotta check out MSG. tickets sell out the day they go on sale?

tickets usually sell out the day they go on sale but it still isn't hard at all to get tickets... you can go to msgticketexchange.com and buy tickets directly from season ticket holders.

There are a bunch of options but if you have problems just shoot me a PM.
word thanks man

Originally Posted by Proshares

You moved to NY?

RIP.
laugh.gif
i found a couple safe havens to watch the sox/bruins/pats...ill be good, i hope
laugh.gif

deadset you can always get tickets to ranger games.. they might be pricey at times but they are always available. stubhub has tickets on sale all the time eventhe day of the game up until the game starts. ticketmaster sells tickets up until 2 hours before the game.. i always buy from stubhub you can find some stealson that website..

Jan 6 I can't wait for..

According to the paper, the Sharks were offered forward Jason Chimera from the Blue Jackets in exchange for blueliner Christian Ehrhoff, a deal Sharks GM Doug Wilson turned down.

The Sharks have roughly $1.3 million in available cap space, with only eight forwards under contract for next season.

Wilson, however, isn't about to rush a decision.

"I'm not in any hurry," Wilson told the Dispatch. "We've got plenty of time to be patient."

According to various reports, the Sharks have been actively shopping veteran winger Jonathan Cheechoo in an attempt to free up cap space.

Meanwhile, it's also believed the Sharks are among the teams still in the Dany Heatley race, however talks between Wilson and Ottawa Senators GM Bryan Murray have yet to bear any fruit.

The Blackhawks have talked to Toronto about Patrick Sharp, among other clubs, according to a team source.Where those discussions go now is unclear, but what is clear is that players like Sharp ($4 million), Dustin Byfuglien ($3 million), Kris Versteeg ($3 million) and Cam Barker ($3 million) are available because a movable contract today may not be movable a year from now if the player doesn't perform next season.
pimp.gif

I've been hearing a few rumors about Sharp coming here, that'd be a great move if Burke can make a good trade to get Sharp.

Patrick Sharp is a solid player... if the Leafs can get him, I can see TML making a push for the playoffs.

In a few weeks, when the rosters are pretty much set I'll make my predictions.

Originally Posted by cquan05

Apparently ESPN has the Leafs finishing 8th in the East
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Other than the Panthers, Thrashers and Islanders, every team in the East has a shot at making the playoffs. I dont think the Leafs will make itthough due to their lack of offensive firepower. Another top 10 draft pick would be great for the club as well as signing UFA Ilya Kovalchuk
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Other than the Panthers, Thrashers and Islanders, every team in the East has a shot at making the playoffs. I dont think the Leafs will make it though due to their lack of offensive firepower. Another top 10 draft pick would be great for the club as well as signing UFA Ilya Kovalchuk
pimp.gif
As much as I would love to see Ilya in a Leafs uni, it won't happen. He's a RFA after this upcoming season, and IF ATL doesn't re-signhim, they will definitely match any offer Kovalchuk receives. I'm just hoping we can still trade Kaberle for a top 4 forward and a prospect.......we'llsee though.
ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Other than the Panthers, Thrashers and Islanders, every team in the East has a shot at making the playoffs. I dont think the Leafs will make it though due to their lack of offensive firepower. Another top 10 draft pick would be great for the club as well as signing UFA Ilya Kovalchuk
pimp.gif
As much as I would love to see Ilya in a Leafs uni, it won't happen. He's a RFA after this upcoming season, and IF ATL doesn't re-sign him, they will definitely match any offer Kovalchuk receives. I'm just hoping we can still trade Kaberle for a top 4 forward and a prospect.......we'll see though.
ohwell.gif
He'll be a UFA next summer. If he makes goes the free agent route, I expect teams to be throwing money at him...probably 7+ year offers thatwill make him one of the top 5 paid players in the league.

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
As much as I would love to see Ilya in a Leafs uni, it won't happen. He's a RFA after this upcoming season, and IF ATL doesn't re-sign him, they will definitely match any offer Kovalchuk receives. I'm just hoping we can still trade Kaberle for a top 4 forward and a prospect.......we'll see though.
ohwell.gif
He'll be a UFA next summer. If he makes goes the free agent route, I expect teams to be throwing money at him...probably 7+ year offers that will make him one of the top 5 paid players in the league.
Hmmm I think you're right, he'll be a UFA and not an RFA........ATL has already said they'll throw 7.5+ for Kovalchuk, so we'llsee if they can re-sign him before next summer.

you think kovalchuk will get 9 mil a year? Sid's not even making that. I mean close to it, but I didnt think Kovalchuk would get that.

Crosby's situation was much different. He signed an extension after only his 2nd season in the league. He also took a bit less in order to give the teamsome cap flexibility. Kovalchuk will be 26-27 which means its his last big contract, he'll have teams bidding over him if he becomes a UFA which'lldrive his price up. I think the $9 mill/yr prediction is going to prove to be accurate.

Kovalchuk will be the best player to hit the open market in a long time... I expect atleast 3 teams to be involved in a bidding war which will make his cost goeven higher.

I guess when it is broken down that way it makes sense. Any chance of Atlanta working out a sign and trade so they at least get something?

Back
Top Bottom