Official 2009 New York Jets Offseason Thread... Welcome to the Jets, Mark Sanchez!

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Originally Posted by bkmac

Thomqas can be gone to me. I'd be fine taking Beanie or Moreno in the 1st. Running backs start going downhill when they hit 30, and Leon is a free agent coming up soon. Those guys could easily fill his shoes and fill a nice tandem with Leon.
Chill, we don't need a RB in the 1st round.

T. Jones is fine with me. You saw what he did with an O-Line all season long. I want him back, and hopefully this issue is not because of his contract.

For some reason I still don't trust him. I could easily see him falling back to his numbers of the prvious year.

I just think we should pick the best player available in this draft instead of focusing on need.
(It would never work out this way, but hypothetically), if a Kicker/Punter was the best player in the draft, do you take him, just because he isthe best available?

Not a fan of that idea. You should be drafting for need, not because of the name and the hype around him. Of course, teams take because of the name moreso thantheir talent, but I still think we should be going after a defensive player, or at this point (because who really knows what will happen) a QB.

OK you are takign my point a little too literally. All i am saying is we don't have too many glaring needs this year. Biggest needs are QB, WR, and D-Lineimo. There is a good chance that a the elite prospects at those positions will all be gone, and in that case I think we should draft for best available player.I'd be fine with strengtheing the o-line even more, I'm not a huge fan of Woody and if someone like Oher was on the board I would take him if all theother guys at our needed positions were gone that is what I am trying to stay. I just don't think we should reach at our position which we might end updoing.

Thomqas can be gone to me. I'd be fine taking Beanie or Moreno in the 1st. Running backs start going downhill when they hit 30, and Leon is a free agent coming up soon. Those guys could easily fill his shoes and fill a nice tandem with Leon.
Chill, we don't need a RB in the 1st round.

T. Jones is fine with me. You saw what he did with an O-Line all season long. I want him back, and hopefully this issue is not because of his contract.

For some reason I still don't trust him. I could easily see him falling back to his numbers of the prvious year.

I just think we should pick the best player available in this draft instead of focusing on need.
(It would never work out this way, but hypothetically), if a Kicker/Punter was the best player in the draft, do you take him, just because he is the best available?

Not a fan of that idea. You should be drafting for need, not because of the name and the hype around him. Of course, teams take because of the name moreso than their talent, but I still think we should be going after a defensive player, or at this point (because who really knows what will happen) a QB.
grin.gif
C'mon now...

I have NO problem taking Moreno @ 17, so long as WR is addressed in the 2nd and we get some OL depth in the later rounds

IMO, aside from QB, that's our biggest problem.

For the Hakeem Nicks supporters, son looked like crap for his pro-day.

Said it before and I'll say it again, WE NEED DHB (or Britt)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let the Jay Cutler watch begin!

Breaking News tonight, Cutler is on the trading block.

Jets fans, will we wind up with him? Do you want him?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

It almost makes too much sense..
It's been said that Rex Ryan wants to have a run based offense. This is where my indifferent feeling on trading for Cutler comes into play.

If we are going to be a run based team, we would be fine with Kellen or Ratliff, right? Would it really be worth it giving up our 1st rounder (assuming) forCutler?

Cutler would be our franchise QB though, if we do get him...

can't let this slide...
Tannenbaum should look at this asap. Now I know there are plenty of teams calling the Broncos right now, and Tannenbaum pretty much gotta keep tabs on whatpeople are offering.
Cutler can be our franchise quarterback for a lonnnnng time.

610x.jpg

With the 83rd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select

l3629573.jpg

shonn-greene.jpg

RB, Shonn Green, Iowa

pimp.gif

or PJ Hill in a later round.

Shonn is like a Mike Turner with no shake in the hips at all and PJ was a 3 year starter so the production is there.

But I would LOVE either in a Jets jersey next year.

Some significant news:

sorry no link but...

ark Sanchez-QB- Player Apr. 21 - 6:37 pm et

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that the Jets are "looking" into trading up in the draft for USC QB Mark Sanchez.

Sal Pal says the Jets hope Sanchez falls to No. 8, where they think they can strike a deal with Jacksonville. It doesn't seem like the Jags have serious interest in drafting Sanchez. It's just hard to imagine him getting that far. Sanchez is known to be ahead of Matthew Stafford on many teams' boards.
Related: Jaguars, Jets

Talks between the Arizona Cardinals and the Baltimore Ravens involving Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin should be heating up over the next two days, and the direction is clear. The Cardinals want a first and third-round draft pick in exchange for Boldin. The Ravens are willing to give up a No. 1 pick but they won't give up a second draft choice in the deal. If the Cardinals would consider taking a player instead of the third-round choice, something could happen quickly. The likely player would be tight end Todd Heap. The former Arizona State star would help the Cardinals passing offense, giving the Cardinals a tight end capable of catching 60 or more passes. What isn't known is whether the Cardinals would consider Heap a good enough piece in the trade to make the deal. The Jets are also heavily involved in the Boldin talks.
it's in ESPN insider.

I'm still iffy on getting 'Quan. He's one of my favourite players outside the Jets team, but a 1st and 3rd seems like a lot.
I'm def. in on trading up to take Sanchez. He has all the attributes to be a franchise QB.

I haven't been in this thread in a long time (Yankees have taken over my life).

The draft is tomorrow. We own the 17th pick, but will we use it to draft someone, or will it be used in a trade for say, a QB from another team?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-23_jets_eye_qbs_sanchez_quinn__campbell.html

There are a bunch of rumors going around.
- We might trade up for Mark Sanchez.
- We might trade for Jason Campbell.
- We might trade for Brady Quinn.

Anyone else hear anything regarding draft day for the Jets? It should be an interesting one, to say the least.

Heard the Jets are starting to like Harvin at the 17th if Sanchez were to be drafted before the 8th, and Pettigrew is also growing up the charts for the Jets.

ALSO, Boldin can be had for a 2nd plus cash or another player.
I say we def. look into this.

I'd give up a first and 3rd for Boldin easy. We would be getting a top 5 wide reciever, something we won't be finding in this draft.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I'd give up a first and 3rd for Boldin easy. We would be getting a top 5 wide reciever, something we won't be finding in this draft.
Boldin is one of my favorite players in the NFL, but I'm still hesitant on giving him that much.
To me he's just a possession receiver, doesn't really have breakaway speed, however he is strong as hell and has reliable hands. Still, he is up therein terms of talent.

The other problem is what kind of contract will he want? I'm hearing he wants figures around $8 mil a year. Do we have cap space for that?

That's the primary hold up for us getting Boldin.

$8M per year may be too high for us.

We're something like $12.5M from the cap and we still have to sign rookies, extend Leon & Mangold...
ohwell.gif

The deal to move up wasn't bad IMO, but I'm not sold on Sanchez, as a Jets fan I have to root for the guy though.

LOL.
Dude called it.
Shonn is a good pick though.
I'm a lil hesitant because of his speed and the fact that he doesn't run well outside the tackles, but watching his highlight tapes... dude is a TRUCK.
Dude doesn't get down after the first hit.
He can be our next Lamont Jordan... with more productivity.

Back
Top Bottom