Official 2009 New York Jets Offseason Thread... Welcome to the Jets, Mark Sanchez!

Fizzy, I just read your PM. That's what's up.
pimp.gif

Geez...5 years with 28 million guaranteed!!!?
eek.gif

Handing the franchise over to the guy without even seeing him take a snap.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Geez...5 years with 28 million guaranteed!!!?
eek.gif

Handing the franchise over to the guy without even seeing him take a snap.
LOL, don't start... Joe Flacco & Matt Ryan send their regards tho.
tongue.gif

Plus, Sanchez has been improving little by little each week according to the OTA updates.

BTW, enjoy that Favre saga
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Fizzy, I just read your PM. That's what's up.
pimp.gif
I know that's your boy... Not too many other updates about him tho.

Our mini-camp starts next week tho, so he has time.

I am still somewhat in shock.

I went on today (like I have for a few days now) to see if the ticket exchange put up tickets for the panthers game to go with friends that were panther fans.I am on the waitlist for tickets which has gone on five years now.

I go on the site and it says that I am now eligible for a Season ticket purchase.

I got two seats in the upper bowl, 50 yard line in section 311. (Row 31 but still)

I figured I would have tickets by the time I was like 40 (I'm 23) with the New stadium opening and such but it looks like I will be in that new stadiumnext year and watch Sanchez develop hopefully into a future star and see the last of Giant stadium

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

I am still somewhat in shock.

I went on today (like I have for a few days now) to see if the ticket exchange put up tickets for the panthers game to go with friends that were panther fans. I am on the waitlist for tickets which has gone on five years now.

I go on the site and it says that I am now eligible for a Season ticket purchase.

I got two seats in the upper bowl, 50 yard line in section 311. (Row 31 but still)

I figured I would have tickets by the time I was like 40 (I'm 23) with the New stadium opening and such but it looks like I will be in that new stadium next year and watch Sanchez develop hopefully into a future star and see the last of Giant stadium
Congrats
pimp.gif

FLINT, Michigan - Three months later, no one yet has told J'Nathan Bullock he can't play pro football.
The Northern High and Cleveland State graduate keeps meeting all the challenges thrown at him by the New York Jets, well enough anyway that they have invited him to their training camp starting July 31.

"I'm just taking it in stride and counting it as a blessing," Bullock said.
http://
A college basketball standout who hadn't played football since high school, Bullock signed a free agent rookie contract with the Jets on April 27, a day after the NFL Draft and 17 days after a dozen or so NFL teams scouted him at a tryout at Cleveland State. He signed with the Jets partly because they were the only team to send a position coach, assistant offensive line/tight ends coach Mike Devlin.

Since then, Bullock has virtually lived at the Jets' training facility in Florham Park, N.J., taking part in three minicamps and all the OTA's (organized team activities), which are basically teaching sessions.

The classroom has been the most difficult part so far, he said.

"The mental aspect, having to know the playbook," said Bullock, who graduated from CSU with a mechanical engineering degree. "It's a different type of language."

Physically, the padless minicamps have been a relative breeze.

"Ask me after training camp about the physical side," he said.

The 6-foot-5 Bullock has weightlifted himself from 240 pounds to 255 and said he actually needs to cut back to 250 for camp, which will be held at Cortland State University in upstate New York.

He's looking to follow in the footsteps of Antonio Gates, a Detroit native who played basketball at Eastern Michigan and Kent State but went on to play tight end for the San Diego Chargers.

That's the same position Bullock is playing, and he's one of only four tight ends on the training camp roster.

He's not likely to beat out Dustin Keller, who was the team's third-leading receiver as a rookie last year, and he can't match the four-year NFL experience of Richard Owens, whom the Jets signed this month after releasing Bubba Franks. Jack Simmons is the other tight end on the roster. James Dearth is listed there but is viewed mostly as a long-snapper.

But Bullock has shown enough to keep himself in the running.

"He's a little more natural than most basketball players," Jets coach Rex Ryan told The New York Times. "That's good to see."

Said rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez: "When we put him one on one, it looks like he's trying to box somebody out for a rebound. It's easier to teach a basketball player to play football than vice versa.

"He's doing really well. He's got a lot of raw talent, and with the coaching staff here, they'll sharpen his skills and he'll be just fine."

There's some speculation that Bullock could spend his first year on the practice squad. For now, he said, the coaches are just telling him to work hard and learn as quickly as he can.

"I feel like I'm fitting in, slowly but surely," he said. "It's going to take time, it's a process. I'm going to try to not rush it and let it come to me.
"But at the end of the day, it is a business, so I've got to perform."
pimp.gif

Anything more than 20 is too much. I'd rather see Leon get 15-20 and then get a bunch of short passes that he can do work with.

I will be at camp on Sunday...will provide some reports and video links for you guys.

The defense has looked great this off-season and is very confident from what I saw in the OTA and heard from talking to the players. Offense still is suspectand they need another receiver.

Got my tickets saturday.

So pumped to be a Season ticket holder finally.

Tickets look great by the way.

[h2]Leon isn't happy[/h2] July 31
Last night when Rex Ryan went though bed check the first night of Jets training camp, he spied Leon Washington studying his playbook.

"He said "hey coach," with a big smile on his face," Ryan said. "Obviously, I'm sure he'd like to have another deal done, but Leon's here and is where he should be - with his teammates."

Leon Washington spoke today from Jets camp, where he arrived a day late after it was clear that the Jets and his agent Alvin Keels have reached an impass when it comes to a contract extention. Washington played hard, but isn't happy that the Jets haven't offered more money in light of three solid years with the team.

And he's not confident that anything will get done this year.

"No, I'm not confident," Washington said. "I don't feel confident that something will get done. It kind of hurts me a little bit because I've been here three years busting my tail off. I've played hard for the organization and for me not to get rewarded or for me to be put in some type of situation, I'm not going to back down. What I am happy about is that I can still play football."

Washington said he stands to make $535,000 this season. The Jets have said that they are hesitating to renegotiate in light of an upcoming CBA renegotiation.

"They have their leverage and we have our leverage," Washington said. "Whatever cards they want to play, whatever leverage they have, I am sure that it is a business. They are going to try to use that to their advantage and, for me, I can use my leverage. But at the end of the day, they make the calls, they write the checks. So it is important for me to come out here. I have a family and I have to feed them. It is important for me to play football."

Although he said he came to camp because he thought nothing could be gained from it at this time, Washington held out the possibility that he could hold out later in training camp.

"I'm not going to say. I am going to let the situation play out," Washington said. "I don't want to say anything and don't do it or say something that I am going to do and not do that. I'm going to let the situation play out. Hopefully the organization feels the way I feel. I want to be a Jet and get the deal done."

Just made a bad situation worse.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom