Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

Hansbrough is going to be a bum in the NBA. I cant wait for the Bobcats to select him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yet another wasted MJ draft pick.

Great ad
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If you're a NBA GM, and you want a player who will do all the things that won't show up in the stat sheet, Hansbrough is your guy.....he's gonna be pushed SO far away from the basket by bigger/stronger guys, it won't even be funny. He's going 1st round (late), but I think he's just gonna have to be one of those high-energy cats in the mold of a more skilled Mark Madsen.
i'm tempted to put my SN on the line that Hansbrough will not go first round.
Don't disrespect Mad Dog like that. Hansbrough will have no shot in the L whatsoever. I don't care what kinda hustle or how much of"hard worker" he is. Dude won't last 5 years in the NBA

Lawson will be the best NBA player on this UNC team.

I think Danny Green could be a good 'off the bench utility player' in the mold of a James Posey type.

Hansbrough will be in the NBA, but a bench warmer. I don't see Ellington making much of an impact at the pro level either. His handles/drives are sub-par.JJ Reddick is better than him and look at what JJ's done in the league.

Ed Davis has a chance to be a legit pro bigman if he continues to develop (probably take another year at least, probably 2).

What's the word on UNC's recruits next year? Are those twin white boys any good?

If you're a NBA GM, and you want a player who will do all the things that won't show up in the stat sheet, Hansbrough is your guy.....he's gonna be pushed SO far away from the basket by bigger/stronger guys, it won't even be funny. He's going 1st round (late), but I think he's just gonna have to be one of those high-energy cats in the mold of a more skilled Mark Madsen.

Co-sign, every time I see Hansbrough play I think Mark Madsen 2.0

I'm a UNC fan and even I think Hansbrough's game will not translate well to the NBA (in terms of being a dominant player).

1/4 with this. Thanks for making me look like I have a little sense UNC.

And they won without even running as much as usual.

imo:

Davis > Hansbrough > Thompson skill-wise, though I think Thompson has a little more athletic potential than Hansbrough. Davis is the only one that has afuture in the NBA imo.

I think Nova may be our most difficult game so far though. Their players are all athletic and skilled. Gonna be a very tough match up. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I just woke up but Louisville can suck on a @#%+.

I'm so frustrated I can't type what I want to.

There isn't a chance in hell that he slips to round 2....especially in this year's weak class....

What's the word on UNC's recruits next year? Are those twin white boys any good?
Some of the videos you can watch on them looked pretty good - they actually have decent dribbling and outside shooting skills. Hard to tell ifthey're gonna be good in college though.

There isn't a chance in hell that he slips to round 2....especially in this year's weak class....
not a chance in hell, huh? Hansbrough is like the 8th-10th best big man in this class, unless a bunch of guys expected to declare go back toschool. if Hansbrough gets taken in round 1, then at least 6-8 other big men will probably go in Round 1 also. i'm not even factoring in the foreign guys.

and Mark Madsen? against one legit NBA player and a bunch of decent college players, Hansbrough was looking like Madsen TODAY.. what the hell is he gonna looklike in the NBA
laugh.gif

UConn-Michigan State, UNC-Villanova.

Of the 20 starters across four teams, 10 are seniors, 8 are juniors.

not a chance in hell, huh? Hansbrough is like the 8th-10th best big man in this class, unless a bunch of guys expected to declare go back to school. if Hansbrough gets taken in round 1, then at least 6-8 other big men will probably go in Round 1 also. i'm not even factoring in the foreign guys.

and Mark Madsen? against one legit NBA player and a bunch of decent college players, Hansbrough was looking like Madsen TODAY.. what the hell is he gonna look like in the NBA
laugh.gif
I'm tellin you...his pedigree is gonna help him immensely in the eyes of some GM's. Also, it's not like he put up horrible #'s incollege....he's going to have his limitations in the NBA, no doubt....but, he's still going to be a 1st rounder....

not a chance in hell, huh? Hansbrough is like the 8th-10th best big man in this class, unless a bunch of guys expected to declare go back to school. if Hansbrough gets taken in round 1, then at least 6-8 other big men will probably go in Round 1 also. i'm not even factoring in the foreign guys.

and Mark Madsen? against one legit NBA player and a bunch of decent college players, Hansbrough was looking like Madsen TODAY.. what the hell is he gonna look like in the NBA
laugh.gif
I'm tellin you...his pedigree is gonna help him immensely in the eyes of some GM's. Also, it's not like he put up horrible #'s in college....he's going to have his limitations in the NBA, no doubt....but, he's still going to be a 1st rounder....

Fam, no scouting board has him in the first round at all. This was as recent as last week.

if Michigan State and Carolina get into the championship game, we already know what's gonna happen.
laugh.gif

on another note, Nike should take advantage of this swoosh-laden Final Four. they were shut out of last year's championship game.

Originally Posted by RellNye

laugh.gif
I'm tellin you...his pedigree is gonna help him immensely in the eyes of some GM's. Also, it's not like he put up horrible #'s in college....he's going to have his limitations in the NBA, no doubt....but, he's still going to be a 1st rounder....

Fam, no scouting board has him in the first round at all. This was as recent as last week.
what scouting boards??? post some links

Nova v. UNC
UCONN v. MSU

Who y'all got? I like MSU the past couple games, but AJ and Kemba might be to much and Thabeet is always a factor. If MSU can hit the outside shot I thinkthey got a good chance but i'll go with UCONN

I don't even wanna see UNC for another game so Nova better keep this thing rolling.

Back
Top Bottom