Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

Eh my bracket has been thrown to hell already. Hope Blake puts on a show and dunks on Hansbrough.

An MSU/Villanova final would be
indifferent.gif

How epic is Tom Izzo? Since 1998..

1998-99 33-5 15-1 NCAA Final Four
1999-2000 32-7 13-3 NCAA Champion
2000-01 28-5 13-3 NCAA Final Four
2001-02 19-12 10-6 NCAA 1st Round
2002-03 22-13 10-6 NCAA Elite Eight
2003-04 18-12 12-4 NCAA First Round
2004-05 26-7 13-3 NCAA Final Four
2005-06 22-12 8-8 NCAA First Round
2006-07 23-12 8-8 NCAA Second Round
2007-08 27-9 12-6 NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2008-09 29-6 15-3 NCAA Final Four

5 Big 10 titles... 11 straight tourney apperances, 8 Sweet 16s, 6 Elite 8s, 5 Final Fours (5-1 record in the Elite 8),and a championship.

who else is seeing Izzo in this decade?

First and probably last time ever I will have 0 teams in the Final Four.

MSU vs Villanova for the Natl Title would be
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

box score check...

Samuels - 0-8, 0 points and TWO rebounds, both offensive.

LOL.
I turned off the TV when he thought he was Deron Williams and tried to drop a dime at the top of the key. Son looked awful.

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

Four Nike schools in the Final Four
pimp.gif

Bring out some heat Nike JUST DO IT!

Peace
Scottie
Last year they had those, "My team's better is better than your team's better shirts" that were
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I'm not big on conference pride at all - but i hope this gets the big 10 some more respect. We may not play pretty, but it's a great conference.
more respect for the Big 10? ehh... all this does is give Izzo more respect.

we all know Michigan St always does well in the tournament, so i don't think this particularly changes anyone's perceptions.

if the Big 10 wants more respect, teams NOT named Michigan State will need to gain more national prominence. Purdue and OSU are the only other Big 10 teams that seem to have the tools in place for that. until then, you can expect to hear the same story about the Big 10 every year.
That's my point exactly - what you're saying right there. The big 10 has as many final four teams the last 10 years as any other conference.. but you get this stigma that MSU is the only team doing something, when it's just not true. Wiskey, Illinois, OSU, Purdue more recently.. all national programs who have had large amounts of success the last 10 years. That doesn't even include Indiana who will be back sooner rather than later.

These other conferences are more hype than substance - sure the big east is deep and strong, but you just saw your champ get beat by our champ in pretty easy fashion. And MSU didn't exactly blow through the big 10, there were 10 competitive teams in our conference who battled the same way they do every single night.
personally, i have a lot of respect for the Big 10 and Big 10 athletics. i'm not the typical blind Big 10 hater like your average sports fan.my point was just that Michigan State making another Final Four (*yawn*
laugh.gif
) isn't necessarily what will bring respect to the conference. i would like tosee Matta build a consistent program at OSU, and hopefully Purdue will develop into a solid tournament program. Wisconsin as well. the media just won't payattention until the Big 10 can make noise every year.

it's not really fair, because there's no conference that can stay that consistent for such a long period of time... but there is a media bias againstthe Big 10 in all sports, and it won't change until they can consistently prove everyone wrong.

Back
Top Bottom