Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

Good. Now Detroit's got something
laugh.gif

Craftsy---UConn is in the Final 4, Louisville just got that tail whooped

We get off with it by handling our business when its time to shine..that Big East Title means nothing right now

Final Four>>>>>>Big East Title

very impressed with michigan state today...HUGE win for them, not only did they make it to the final four, but they essentially secured home court advantage(Detroit) for the remainder of the tournament.

...with that said, HEELS all the way!

-waystinthyme

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I'm not big on conference pride at all - but i hope this gets the big 10 some more respect. We may not play pretty, but it's a great conference.
more respect for the Big 10? ehh... all this does is give Izzo more respect.

we all know Michigan St always does well in the tournament, so i don't think this particularly changes anyone's perceptions.

if the Big 10 wants more respect, teams NOT named Michigan State will need to gain more national prominence. Purdue and OSU are the only other Big 10 teamsthat seem to have the tools in place for that. until then, you can expect to hear the same story about the Big 10 every year.

Do you think one year someone will fall off that ladder and stab themselves with the scissors, possibly ending there basketball careers?

When players are screaming into the camera, do they really expect the audience to know what they're saying? I didn't get a single word that dude said.

laugh.gif
Naww Cake

@%!%# was on the sideline doin the Neon Deion Primetime dance for blowin out a weak squad
U the #1 team in the country. They posed to do that.
Same @%!%# Dropped a double-single and caught a huge Loss, be that same guy no matter the outcome
And imma huge TWill fanm
I'm not even gonna start on posin' *+% Sosa's garbage behind

You know who they coulda used today with Samardo playing like trash...Derrick Caracter...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
Naww Cake

@%!%# was on the sideline doin the Neon Deion Primetime dance for blowin out a weak squad
Same @%!%# Dropped a double-single and caught a huge Loss, be that same guy no matter the outcome
And imma huge TWill fanm

roll.gif
@ Double-Single
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

I'm not big on conference pride at all - but i hope this gets the big 10 some more respect. We may not play pretty, but it's a great conference.

we all know Michigan St always does well in the tournament, so i don't think this particularly changes anyone's perceptions.

if the Big 10 wants more respect, teams NOT named Michigan State will need to gain more national prominence. Purdue and OSU are the only other Big 10 teams that seem to have the tools in place for that. until then, you can expect to hear the same story about the Big 10 every year.
eyes.gif

-Minnesota's got some top-notch recruits coming in next year with Tubby as our coach
-Wisconsin's been a consistent tourney team over the past decade...getting to the Final Four once, Elite Eight twice, and Sweet Sixteen four times
-Ohio State was NCAA runner-up just 2 years ago when Oden and co. were running the show

Also, we had 7 tournament teams this year.

And you've already mentioned what Michigan State and Purdue can do.

Where's that one stat Allen posted that shows the only ACC team that has done ANYTHING in the past whatever years is North Carolina.

To be honest you could make a good case that the Big 10 > ACC.

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
Naww Cake

And imma huge TWill fanm

roll.gif
@ Double-Single
laugh.gif
roll.gif
shiiiiiii... I had to do a double take on that.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Craftsy---UConn is in the Final 4, Louisville just got that tail whooped

We get off with it by handling our business when its time to shine..that Big East Title means nothing right now

Final Four>>>>>>Big East ACC tournament
i've been saying the same thing to the Blue Devil fans for the last couple of weeks...GO HEELS!

-waystinthyme

Biggest game of the yr and you lay your egg for it...thoroughly disappointing...
smh.gif
...wit like 10 mins. Left, the cards stopped playing wit any sort of passion,intensity, urgency, or desire...like did u really think u were gonna turn it up against a team in the elite eight and steal the game?
smh.gif
Samuels like I saidearlier was nonexistent, Williams did absolutely nothing in the 2nd half, Clark as well...Smith couldn't hit the jumper but he was the only one playing witdefensive intensity...Sosa as we all kno is
indifferent.gif
...busted my **+#$#$ bracket...UNC v. OU...gonna be a goody I just think the heels have too many horses

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

if the Big 10 wants more respect, teams NOT named Michigan State will need to gain more national prominence. Purdue and OSU are the only other Big 10 teams that seem to have the tools in place for that. until then, you can expect to hear the same story about the Big 10 every year.
That's my point exactly - what you're saying right there. The big 10 has as many final four teams the last 10 years as any otherconference.. but you get this stigma that MSU is the only team doing something, when it's just not true. Wiskey, Illinois, OSU, Purdue more recently.. allnational programs who have had large amounts of success the last 10 years. That doesn't even include Indiana who will be back sooner rather than later.

These other conferences are more hype than substance - sure the big east is deep and strong, but you just saw your champ get beat by our champ in pretty easyfashion. And MSU didn't exactly blow through the big 10, there were 10 competitive teams in our conference who battled the same way they do every singlenight.

I thought I saw him doing that the other day when I was watching SC. At first I only glanced at and was like the *%*! is he doing then I saw itagain and realized he was high-stepping on the court

Back
Top Bottom