Official 2009 NBA MVP Thread vol Congrats to LeBron

Wade is 3rd. It's between Kobe & Lebron. Who ever has the best record should get it IMO.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by nublee

Who deserves it: Wade

Who'll get it: Bron
co sign... here are some of wades stats from his last couple of games
48 points, 12 assists, 6 rebounds, 4 steals, 3 blocks
25 points, 12 assists, 8 rebounds, 4 steals
42 points, 8 assists, 6 rebounds
35 points, 16 assists, 6 rebounds
41 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds, 7 steals
46 points, 10 assists, 8 rebounds, 4 steals, 3 blocks
21 points, 10 assists, 3 steals
31 points, 16 assists, 7 rebounds
50 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds
25 points, 9 assists, 3 blocks, 2 steals
37 points, 12 assists, 4 steals
lebron been putting them numbers up for a cool minute now....although wade is beasting this year no way is he playing better than lbj plus he is5th in the east which is honorable mention in the west

I love Kobe, but i think Dwade deserves it this year. What he's able to do with so less is simply amazing.

Originally Posted by tuna629

I love Kobe, but i think Dwade deserves it this year. What he's able to do with so less is simply amazing.
indifferent.gif

Kobe did the same thing a few years ago putting up 35ppg and making the playoffs in the west.

^ yup anyone making an argument for wade should have said the same thing for kobe that year

this year i think kobe gets it cuz i dont see the lakers relinquishing that #1 spot. Also lakers are 4-0 against the celtics AND the cavs this year and havethe best road record in the nba.

Originally Posted by Goldmember

eek.gif

Kobe's 06 numbers aint touching this one..

lookin like a video game avgs.. jeeez!

kobe had 27 40+ point games

Originally Posted by Flight8403

lebron been putting them numbers up for a cool minute now....although wade is beasting this year no way is he playing better than lbj plus he is 5th in the east which is honorable mention in the west

lebron's stats in his last 11 games..... how is lebron playing better then wade this year??? what is lebron doing better then wade besides rebounds???

34 points 13 assist 10 rebounds...3 blocks
32... 11.... 13....2
14... 12....10....1
21.... 5.... 6.....

lebron been putting them numbers up for a cool minute now....although wade is beasting this year no way is he playing better than lbj plus he is 5th in the east which is honorable mention in the west

lebron's stats in his last 11 games..... how is lebron playing better then wade this year??? what is lebron doing better then wade besides rebounds???

32... 11.... 13....2
14... 12....10....1
21.... 5.... 6.....

Wins!
and besides, why should Wade get it this year? If Wade gets it this year only because of stats, then LeBron should have won it in 2006, either him or Kobe.Kobe dropped 35 ppg that year, and LeBron dropped 31-7-7 leading his team ALONE to their first playoff birth since I dunno when! But instead they gave it toSteve Nash who, IMO, did not deserve it that year, he got it only because they had one of the best records in the NBA or the best I don't remember and hewas the focal point of that team. In 2005, when Steve Nash won it for the first time, that year he deserved it but not in 2006. So in my opinion it would be ablasphemy if Wade won it this year, seeing that LBJ is dropping triple-doubles like there's no tomorrow, and 50-point near triple-double games WHILEleading his team to the best record in the East, second in the NBA! The only competition I'm seeing is Kobe, but I don't think he'll get it unlesshe drops like 5 other 50 point games and LBJ stops his rampage. But that's just my opinion...

Everyone is saying that Bron has been playing great all year. Well, hasn't Wade?He's basically been leading the league in scoring all year(not sayingthat means he should be mvp) and he's been carrying that heat team. I think this insane streak he's been going through should put him over the top. Heshould be the mvp

wade isnt getting the mvp so lets take him out of the discussion. its between bron and kobe. i think kobe should get it. he's on the best team with thebest record. he's 4-0 against boston and cavs. i dont think bron should get it this year but i know he will. i'm seeing the nba slurping him alot thisyear

1. Kobe

2. LeBron

3. Wade

There really shouldnt be anyone else in the conversation.

Originally Posted by FPListheillest

32... 11.... 13....2
14... 12....10....1
21.... 5.... 6.....

Wins!
and besides, why should Wade get it this year? If Wade gets it this year only because of stats, then LeBron should have won it in 2006, either him or Kobe. Kobe dropped 35 ppg that year, and LeBron dropped 31-7-7 leading his team ALONE to their first playoff birth since I dunno when! But instead they gave it to Steve Nash who, IMO, did not deserve it that year, he got it only because they had one of the best records in the NBA or the best I don't remember and he was the focal point of that team. In 2005, when Steve Nash won it for the first time, that year he deserved it but not in 2006. So in my opinion it would be a blasphemy if Wade won it this year, seeing that LBJ is dropping triple-doubles like there's no tomorrow, and 50-point near triple-double games WHILE leading his team to the best record in the East, second in the NBA! The only competition I'm seeing is Kobe, but I don't think he'll get it unless he drops like 5 other 50 point games and LBJ stops his rampage. But that's just my opinion...

and what wade isnt carrying his team now??? wade is playing with 2 rookies and a 2nd year player in cook... haslem is the only player that has been with wadesince the championship.. the cavs are a really good TEAM.... the heat dont have a mo williams that can drop 30 points a game.... when lebron is having a badgame... i can bet that if you take wade, kobe, lebron off their teams.. and had them play the heat would not win any games... kobe should have won in 06 andcp3 should have won last year.... thats me though.... i know wade isnt gonna win because of the team record... i just dont get how people can say that lebronis playing that much better then wade is and THATS WHY HE IS GONNA WIN MVP.... its the cavs that are helping lebron win MVP..... but if anything... i thinkkobe should win it again

Originally Posted by FPListheillest

32... 11.... 13....2
14... 12....10....1
21.... 5.... 6.....

Wins!
and besides, why should Wade get it this year? If Wade gets it this year only because of stats, then LeBron should have won it in 2006, either him or Kobe. Kobe dropped 35 ppg that year, and LeBron dropped 31-7-7 leading his team ALONE to their first playoff birth since I dunno when! But instead they gave it to Steve Nash who, IMO, did not deserve it that year, he got it only because they had one of the best records in the NBA or the best I don't remember and he was the focal point of that team. In 2005, when Steve Nash won it for the first time, that year he deserved it but not in 2006. So in my opinion it would be a blasphemy if Wade won it this year, seeing that LBJ is dropping triple-doubles like there's no tomorrow, and 50-point near triple-double games WHILE leading his team to the best record in the East, second in the NBA! The only competition I'm seeing is Kobe, but I don't think he'll get it unless he drops like 5 other 50 point games and LBJ stops his rampage. But that's just my opinion...

and what wade isnt carrying his team now??? wade is playing with 2 rookies and a 2nd year player in cook... haslem is the only player that has been with wade since the championship.. the cavs are a really good TEAM.... the heat dont have a mo williams that can drop 30 points a game.... when lebron is having a bad game... i can bet that if you take wade, kobe, lebron off their teams.. and had them play the heat would not win any games... kobe should have won in 06 and cp3 should have won last year.... thats me though.... i know wade isnt gonna win because of the team record... i just dont get how people can say that lebron is playing that much better then wade is and THATS WHY HE IS GONNA WIN MVP.... its the cavs that are helping lebron win MVP..... but if anything... i think kobe should win it again

I respect your opinion, BUT if your gonna take only individual stats, like I said, LeBron and Kobe should have won previous years, but since that's not thecase Wade has no chance of winning it this year unless the Heat become the 2nd seed in the East. Your point is good but Kobe and LBJ had no one on their teamsprevious seasons ago, had BETTER averages than Wade's averages this year, and were like 5-6th in the conferences and didnt win the MVP award. So it wouldbe a complete contradiction, and unfairness that Wade should win it this year. BTW switch up the scenarios, put LeBron on the Heat and he would average betternumbers than Wade's this year. The simple fact that LeBron is having the same numbers as Wade's this year, although he has support like Mo that candrop 30 a night, is enough to solidify his case as the MVP.. so imagine his numbers this year without help
eek.gif
. Anyways I love all 3 players and they areplaying terrific ball, but it's Bron's season and he deserves it

3rd straight triple double for Lebron.
Another 4th quarter 3 point dagger in a big road win vs the Spurs for Kobe.

On a former MVP note. Is it me, or everytime I watch a Suns game, point guards seem to be scoring at will? Anyone else notice this?
nerd.gif

Dwade is my second fav player in the L behind derrick Rose but cmon are some of you guys serious in here with the things your saying?

What would justify dwyane wade getting the mvp over lebron right now? are you going to fault lebron FOR FINALLY HAVING A CAPABLE SUPPORTING CAST? is that hisfault that he finally has guys who can play and they are KILLING it. Let ME tell you something. Please name for me the last time someone won an mvp with lessthan 50 wins? pls go back in time.

And i like how you put up Lebrons last 11 games as a comparision. Why not just the whole season. What wade has done is nothing short of incredible. He has beendominant, we need to appreciate his season but there is NO reason he deserves it over lebron. Lebron has put up the stats, AND his team has dominated. statsare important but as we know for the mvp award your team needs to be great. Dwyane Wades numbers do not make up for the fact that Lebron's team is doing alot better, there numbers are very similar, could even be argued that Lebron's are better or vice versa, so then you gotta look at wins.

Secondly who is the idiot that said wades numbers are better than kobe's from 06? slap yourself in the face right now and never watch basketball again. Godo some research first, i recommend 82games.com or basketball-reference.com

It's going to be LeBron or Kobe, whichever one's team finishes on top.
Wade is playing out of his mind right now but you can't pass on LeBron and Kobe when the Lakers and Cavs are the top 2 teams in the NBA right now.

by the way dont talk about Mo williams having a good game when lebron plays bad. Check moe's big numbers this year then check lebrons numbers in the samegame

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

Originally Posted by nyk buc

lebron should win this in a runaway and i don't know it's even a discussion.

wade is having a PHENOMENAL season. no doubt about it. but MVPs have usually correlate with team success. lebron's stats across the board are similar to wade. and his team is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than dwayne wade.

28, 7, 7 on 49% shooting with the top 2 record in the L? c'mon now. it isn't lke he's putting up nash #s.
Not really true. Look at MJ's first MVP....... Magic could have easily won it 4 straight times...
Boston had a better record than the Lakeshow but Kobe won it.
in MJ's first MVP, he freakin' averaged 37ppg, 5rpg, 5apg, 49%fg, 3spg, 1.5bpg. those are are outlandish #s.

my point is lebron's and wade's numbers are about THE SAME. in fact, lebron has a HIGHER PER and efficiency than dwayne wade this year. and he's ona much better team.

that's what i mean. if you have 2 guys who put up the same stats, but one guy is on a much better team, it's an easy decision.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

^ yup anyone making an argument for wade should have said the same thing for kobe that year

this year i think kobe gets it cuz i dont see the lakers relinquishing that #1 spot. Also lakers are 4-0 against the celtics AND the cavs this year and have the best road record in the nba.
kobe's lakers will probably win the best record race but not by much. lebron's statline just OVERWHELMS kobe's statline so it'sprobably going to be lebron.

this year i think kobe gets it cuz i dont see the lakers relinquishing that #1 spot. Also lakers are 4-0 against the celtics AND the cavs this year and have the best road record in the nba.
kobe's lakers will probably win the best record race but not by much. lebron's statline just OVERWHELMS kobe's statline so it's probably going to be lebron.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What I want to know is...

What necessarily makes D. Wade > CP3 in this discussion?

Because the Hornets are a FAR worse team without Paul, than the Heat without Wade IMO.

Originally Posted by CP1708

kobe's lakers will probably win the best record race but not by much. lebron's statline just OVERWHELMS kobe's statline so it's probably going to be lebron.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
not overwhelm
roll.gif
, but overall better.

lebron: 28ppg, 8rpg, 7apg, 49%fg, 1.7spg, 1.2bpg
kobe: 28ppg, 5rpg, 5apg, 47%fg, 1.2spg, 0.5bpg

its going to lebron if he has a top 2-3 record

Back