Official 2009 NBA MVP Thread vol Congrats to LeBron

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I think it's either Lebron or Wade. Kobe is just being Kobe, which is unfair, because it's the same reason why he never won MVP prior to last year.
What?
Originally Posted by WILLINC

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Wade won't win the MVP until we get back in championship contention in a year or two.
And wishful thinking.
I guarantee Miami will be title contenders again before the damn Nets. So settle down homeboy.

Bold prediction. A playoff team with arguably the best player in the league has a better chance of reaching championship contention before a teamin the process of rebuilding. Way to go out on a limb.
lebron will win it just cuz of the media
stern cant wait to give it to lebron
True, it's the media. I don't see anything from LeBron this year that makes me believe that he should win MVP.

Kobe is the best in the L still, but Kobe is pacing himself as he gets older and Bron has to do more for his team so I think Bron deserves the MVP. Wade betternot get it, what he is doing this year is not as impressive as Kobe taking smush, Kwame, Luke and Lamar to the playoffs two years in a row in a tougher West

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

It comes down to these 3

my heart says
D.Wade
LBJ
Kobe

My gut says
LBJ
Kobe
D.Wade
awesome pic
pimp.gif
They are like a modern day Magic, Larry,Michael

I used to hate Wade last year ( i guess mainly because of shaq, lol) but this year he's been playing MVP ball. Reason he won't get it because his teamisn't as succesful as Cleveland or the Lakers. He definitely has MVP numbers and has been DOMINATING competition... no longer deserving of thatmonicker "D-Whistle"

Kobe's numbers aren't as great as LBJ and Wade, mainly because he's got the best supporting cast of the main 3 (still not bad numbers though). Though he just might get it if his team has the best record, mainly because he's the the best player on the best team not to mention the Lakers are 4-0against the Cavs and Celtics, also the away games against those teams, they were without Bynum.

I still think LBJ is the front-runner for this year's MVP. His team has been consistent this year, and he doesn't have the supporting cast Kobe does,and of course his team is way ahead of Miami in the standings.

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

Originally Posted by mosk33toe

As a Laker and Kobe Fan, I think D-Wade should get it. All this talk about Bron not having any support is ridiculous, Mo Williams (Whether you want to admit it or not is an All-Star), West is more than average point guard, Big Ben was defensive player of the year and does his job, and Big Z has been an All-Star. Then you have a bench that has Wally, Anderson, and Gibson, all pretty good players. D-Wade is putting up "Bron" numbers while getting his "lesser" team to a decent spot in the playoffs. I'm sure this is been stated before, but this is called the Most Valuable Player award, we have seen what the Heat are without Wade, he deserves it.

With that said, Kobe 4 MVP!
a bunch of has beens and injured players arent much help.... Kobe has young talent that are more athletic and talented than LBJs supporting cast. Not to down what KBs doing, but youre a fool if you think LBJs cast > KBs.

Wade does deserve it, but he doesnt have enough wins. I hate to say it, but honestly, Wade is hypothetically out of the question with less than 20 games to go.

LBJs cast plays GREAT defense. that alone can tell you that his cast is equal or even better then KOBEs. c'mon, Farmar(erratic pg), Vujacic (very inconsistant), Odom (no comment), Walton (plays good when he wants), Ariza (great defender/great athelete) are not betterthen Pavlovic (good defender/shooter), Wally(great shooter), Varejoe( great defender/rebounder), Big Ben(good defender), Boobie (great shooter) andoverall better team defense.

you cant really look at their bench individually, because collectively, the cav bench plays way harder and defend WAY better. but still, LBJ for mvp in myopinion.

I'm sick of the supporting cast argument.

Before Gasol=Laker>Cavs

Don't kid yourselves and the funny thing is people tried to argue in 2006, Kobe did too much while Bron made his team better as did Wade.

@+#!!!!

Smush Parker started for the Lakers at point along with Walton at sf and KWAME BROWN!!!

But Kobe has had a good cast since Shaq left. The hate is too strong for this man and people are way to hypocritical.

Wades current cast > Lakers 2006
Brons cast before the Delonte, Big Ben, and Mo aquisition > Lakers before Gasol
Even now his cast defense (which wins championships and brings consistancy) > Current Lakers w/o Bynum

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Before Gasol=Laker>Cavs

Don't kid yourselves and the funny thing is people tried to argue in 2006, Kobe did too much while Bron made his team better as did Wade.

@+#!!!!

Smush Parker started for the Lakers at point along with Walton at sf and KWAME BROWN!!!

But Kobe has had a good cast since Shaq left. The hate is too strong for this man and people are way to hypocritical.

Even now his cast defense (which wins championships and brings consistancy) > Current Lakers w/o Bynum
... not to mention Brian Cook at PF for those 06 Lakers
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Right now I give it to LeBron....Kobe in 2nd and Wade 3rd....
To set it straight I'm cool with Lebron winning it.

I just don't like predetermined winners before the season started. It wasn't no prediction it was something people were discussing during theOlympics. Did anyone consider Wade playing the way he would? No one even considered CP3 being in the discussion after being 2nd last year. What about thedefending MVP? It was all Lebron we heard.

Bron deserves it but I think it's unfair when it's all geared toward him winning it. That is why it's not hands down with many analyst when inreality IT PROBABLY SHOULD BE HANDS DOWN LEBRON. Some actual basketball minds, not journalist or other media want to break it down without 1 player beingshoved down their throats.

Vol. Steve Nash and even Dirk got one because they didn't want to give it to Kobe. KG in 03?

wade putting up crazy numbers?
he's averaging 1 more point then kobe on a horrible team....do we forget kobe's had a bunch of games where he really hasn't even played in the4th?..........and when he does play in the 4th he does the darn thing

what a way to get your point across.... i agreee but damn that was funny.

also, OUTACONTROL MUS.... that was a foul on LeBron btw, didnt even touch ball.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Before Gasol=Laker>Cavs

@+#!!!!

laugh.gif

NO.

Originally Posted by GucciManeLaflare

wade putting up crazy numbers?
he's averaging 1 more point then kobe on a horrible team..do we forget kobe's had a bunch of games where he really hasn't even played in the 4th?.......and when he does play in the 4th he does the darn thing

damn... you made your point!
laugh.gif

ok kobe's not playing with bynum this year and they were in first and when bynum got injured last year they were in first?
so whats so special about kobe's cast? old %%! derek fisher?when u see this dude take over the game? or even drive down the lane? matter fact does he evendrop dimes?luke walton? lol lamar odom's high is 22 haha.......pau is the only decent player besides kobe and he's never been a 21+ppg dude.......mowilliam is a ALL STAR and a beast from beyond the arc.... BIG z is an elite center and a 2-3 time all star guys like varejao arent scrubs just not all stars

Lebron has the been the frontrunner for MVP since early on, he's running away with the award and it can argued that it isn't even close.

What irks me though is the constant downplay of Lebron's supporting cast. Dude has talented dudes around him, I'm sick of yall with this weaksupporting cast bull.

Originally Posted by mosk33toe

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Mo Williams (Whether you want to admit it or not is an All-Star), West is more than average point guard, Big Ben was defensive player of the year and does
his job, and Big Z has been an All-Star.

You try too hard. "Was"?? Okay, let's go with "was". Jamaal Magloire was an all-star like Ilgauskas was an all-star. And unlike Ben
Wallace and Ilgauskas, Shawn Marion and Jermaine O'Neal were considered top 10 players in the league at one point. Certainly ranked higher than Ben
Wallace.

Like I said, Wade has the numbers, Kobe has the record. LeBron has both. You can use either the stats/wins argument against Wade and Kobe, what argument are
you going to use against Bron? Since you couldn't argue against his stats or his team's record, in hateful desperation you tried to take the "Cavs
are still a good team without him" route as an argument against the FACT that LeBron is the MVP this year. Well, guess what? That argument doesn't
hold water. The Cavs are +14.7 points with Bron on the court and -10.5 with him on the bench... An even bigger on/off differential than Wade with the Heat. So
Bron has the stats, team's record and the fact that his team is considerably better with him than without him working for him. You have no case whatsoever.
Give it up.

Hateful desperation? Naw buddy, don't let your hatred for Kobe belittle your argument. Lebron is going to win the MVP this year I mean Lebron is going to have a *$*+%@ rule changed because of him of course he's going to win! I said D-Wade DESERVES IT and I still believe that. Dwayne wade scores a full point better than Lebron and averages more Assists, and has lead his dismal team to a position for home court in the first round of the playoffs. Sure Wade doesn't have the "record" but he has everything else, you guys making it sound like he's 400 games under .500, his team is in position for home court! Lebron does have the record, sure but he plays in the East, while Kobe plays in the West. You can say "Well the Cavs have a 21-4 record against the West" Yep, they do (2 of those loses against the Lakers, but I digress).

I know you're a member of the Team Lakers clan and that on the day you joined Team Lakers you took a blood oath to hate on LeBron in every way possible inas many posts you make. So I know it would be a waste of my time to try to stop you from fulfilling your obligations as a member of Team Lakers. So I'lljust try to make my post into an explanation of what makes an MVP in general. Like I said, Wade has MVP stats, but no way is he going to win it unless the Heatpull of a miraculous end run to hit 50 wins. I just read an article on Yahoo where it said that the last time we had an MVP from a team that won less than 50games was in 1982 when Moses Malone won it on a 46 win team. And the question is whether Wade's team is even going to win that many, let alone 50. And Ibet that the list of MVP candidates was pretty thin in 1982, unlike this year where you have a great candidate that fits all the criteria in LeBron. But ifWade deserves it based on stats (him averaging an assist and point more than LeBron), then can you explain to me how Kobe won it over LeBron last year, whenBron averaged not one but TWO points AND not one but TWO rebounds AND not one but TWO assists than Kobe?

Imagine if the Cavs were in the West, I can guarantee they wouldn't have the same record as the Lakers, even our cupcake teams (Warriors, Clippers) have played the Cavs tough. Don't fool yourself about the record buddy. Once again though with all that said, Lebron will win the MVP and will win many more. However, D-WADE deserves it and is playing like a true MVP, scoring, passing, game winning shots, the whole thing. He'll just have to hang his hat on having his Finals MVP.

P.S. We need Ralph Nader to mail the NBA about this "Crab Dribble" being allowed

I really love it when you Lakers fans go at LeBron and try to put a negative spin on his record cause he's in the east. Do you even check your facts,because you're about to look like a DAMN fool. You're gonna love this. Guess what? The Lakers have a 35-7 record against western conference teams and a17-6 record against eastern conference teams. The Cavs have a 30-9 record against teams from the east and a 22-4 record against the teams from the west. Inother words, the Lakers have a better record when playing teams from their own conference, while the Cavs have a better record playing teams from the oppositeconference. How do these facts fit in your "Cavs are lucky to be in the east" thesis, honorable member of Team Lakers?

C'mon we all should know "Mr. Triple Double waiting to happen" aka King James got this Maurice Podoloff Award on L-O-C-K.
nerd.gif

Last night we saw Bron go for 51, 4 boards, 9 dimes, 2 steals and 3 blocks.
eek.gif

CP3 with 30, 6, 9, and 4 steals just cuz.
laugh.gif

And now today Wade goes for 50, with 10, 9, 4 steals and a couple blocks for fun.
pimp.gif

I mean, damn..........

Back
Top Bottom