Official 2009 NBA MVP Thread vol Congrats to LeBron

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Lakers' fans saying "my definition is best playeron the best team."

These are the same cats that were complaining that Kobe should have got it two years in a row over Steve Nash (
roll.gif
).

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Lakers' fans saying "my definition is best player on the best team."

These are the same cats that were complaining that Kobe should have got it two years in a row over Steve Nash (
roll.gif
).
You're taught early playing organized sports the best players on the best teams win the awards. In every tournament the 'mip' or'mvp' or whatever they call it its the best player from the WINNING team. Every game we watch on tv the 'player of the game' 99% of the time isgiven to the best player from the team that won the game. I dont see where all the smileys and rollin laughin thingys are comin from, its pretty obvious thatsthe standard on how the award is given out.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
).
You're taught early playing organized sports the best players on the best teams win the awards. In every tournament the 'mip' or 'mvp' or whatever they call it its the best player from the WINNING team. Every game we watch on tv the 'player of the game' 99% of the time is given to the best player from the team that won the game. I dont see where all the smileys and rollin laughin thingys are comin from, its pretty obvious thats the standard on how the award is given out.
grin.gif
The "smileys" come because you were the same people *****in' that Kobe didn't win the award when his team was the number 7 seed,and were complaining about Steve Nash ("best player on best team") winning it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Kobe has to take it, having a great year, great record, and playing really good after Bynum went down.

Last years arguement.. doesnt hold up this year as they have shown that Bynum is not the key to success. Odom and Gasol are....

those numbers arent OVERWHELMINGLY in wades favor

53-13
36-30
however might

it could also be said one has to make an extra effort for his team to lose by a respectable margin

Bron with a rather quiet 19 and 10 yesterday
Kobe with an equally quiet 28 and 8 boards vs the mavs.
Wade was just quiet, but kid had to be outta gas after a 3OT affair.

Stein just said in his power rankings that Bron is 2-5 vs the Lakers, Celts, Magic and Spurs?
eek.gif

He got 2 more with the Magic, and 1 ea with the Celts and Spurs to get some big wins in there. Imo he has to split those. 4-7 isn't that bad against theElite. He goes 3-8 or worse........
smh.gif

Then we might need to get S4L in here to make a fraud determination on the Cavs.
laugh.gif

Kobe to me is a distant 3rd. He's doing his thing as usual, but it's just like what happened when he lost out to Nash. It's to be expected so itflies under the radar almost. James and Wade have completely upped the ante in their skill set and stat sheet and are having phenomenal years and for that are1 and 2. Co-MVP's would be fine by me.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
).
You're taught early playing organized sports the best players on the best teams win the awards. In every tournament the 'mip' or 'mvp' or whatever they call it its the best player from the WINNING team. Every game we watch on tv the 'player of the game' 99% of the time is given to the best player from the team that won the game. I dont see where all the smileys and rollin laughin thingys are comin from, its pretty obvious thats the standard on how the award is given out.
grin.gif
The "smileys" come because you were the same people *****in' that Kobe didn't win the award when his team was the number 7 seed, and were complaining about Steve Nash ("best player on best team") winning it.
laugh.gif
Back then people tried to to talk about supporting cast and people said that really didn't matter. Now people want to compare Kobe'ssupport cast versus LBJ and Wade.

P.S.

I am a Laker fan and a Kobe fan.

I picked Nash and Dirk for MVP respectively as well during their years.

not that I see it happening, but it would be both funny and strange if Wade had a finals MVP and regular season MVP before Lebron had any one of those two.

Itz between Lebron nd Kobe who ever has da better record or a monster finish 2 da season, even though I would love 2 see Wade win

22 Deuces 22 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
).

Very valid point. I was one of those cats that wanted Kobe to have the award in 06. (but not 2 in a row...just 06 IMO)

That's probably why I feel so strong about Wade getting it this year.

But that's also why I know that if Lebron and the Cavs have the best record in the NBA when the season is over he will be the MVP. Same for Kobe.

I can understand Laker/Kobe fans lobbying for Kobe....

But I still can't get that bitter taste of 06 out of my mouth even with last years award.

If Wade keeps these numbers up and gets them the 4th seed, he BETTER win the award.

Bron with 43 12 and 8 with 4 stls in a big win vs the Magic.
eek.gif

Kobe with a horrible game in a loss vs the Sixers.

D12 played a nice game, but the entire second half he never gets the ball. He plays great D, gets boards, blocks shots, but if the ball never comes to you incrunch time, how can you be MVP of the league? DPOY, sure, but I think Dwight is a ways away from MVP consideration.

When the final votes come in, this might be one of those nights that totally explains the voting.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by GucciManeLaflare

53-13
36-30
however might

it could also be said one has to make an extra effort for his team to lose by a respectable margin
Wade's OVERALL line is more impressive when you add in the 2 steals and a block a game.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

53-13
36-30
however might

Wade's OVERALL line is more impressive when you add in the 2 steals and a block a game.

Bron got pretty much those same 2 steals and a block also though.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by OneTrust

53-13
36-30
however might

Bron got pretty much those same 2 steals and a block also though.
smile.gif

Yeah...which is just as impressive. He was comparing your favorite player with Wade's though and i'd say Wade's #'s look a lot nicer than hisfavorite player's, especially when you add in the defensive #s and see that it's a undersized guard doing it.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

I posed this question earlier this season.

Who are the first team ALL NBA guards ?

Is there any way its not Kobe and Wade ?
i doubt it. I just can't see kobe not being on the all nba 1st team this year, especially with his team playing so well and him having apretty good year

Bron with a quiet 22 7 5 and 3 stls in a win.

Kobe with an average 28 3 7 and 5 stls in a win vs the Bulls.

Wade with 27 8 and 6 the night before in a loss.

Paul with a solid 32 5 9 and 5stls in a win Friday night.

With the records the way they are now, and the way Wade and Kobe appear to be tailing off a little, the award is lookin more and more like LeBron's to win. No slip ups the next 3 weeks and I think he's got it.
What age is the youngest to win the award? Bron only 25 right? Anybody younger ever get it?

In my opinion these stats thrown into this argument don't mean much. MVP's always have nice numbers, It's the effect they have on their respectiveteams. So many other factors involved than stats.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Bron with a quiet 22 7 5 and 3 stls in a win.

Kobe with an average 28 3 7 and 5 stls in a win vs the Bulls.

Wade with 27 8 and 6 the night before in a loss.

Paul with a solid 32 5 9 and 5stls in a win Friday night.

With the records the way they are now, and the way Wade and Kobe appear to be tailing off a little, the award is lookin more and more like LeBron's to win. No slip ups the next 3 weeks and I think he's got it.
What age is the youngest to win the award? Bron only 25 right? Anybody younger ever get it?
Brons 24.

apparently Wes Unseld won it at 23 (youngest)

then theres a @%@* load who won it aged 24. Moses, Wilt, Kareem......still, aint bad company to be in.

Back
Top Bottom