Official 2009 NBA MVP Thread vol Congrats to LeBron

Lebron is the MVP as of right now. However, his record against the lakers/celtics or elite teams is garbage. I predict that will be the same in the playoffs
pimp.gif

2h7nnfl.jpg

That's the current NBA.com poll results - not what I was expecting.

It's a two man race with Lebron and Kobe. Lebron is my pick for the MVP.

Wade, Dwight Howard, and Chris Paul are also having amazing seasons.

This is LeBron's award right now with the way things have transpired in the past two week.s Wade and Kobe's play has declined a bit while LeBron keepsracking up the triple doubles and wins. LeBron will get it and deservedly so.

I think if Lebron looses maybe 4 more games and the Lakers come out with a strong record out of this 7 game road trip and Kobe goes off.....he might have achance

I just wanna see either lebron or wade win it. It would be nice to see lebron win the mvp and hopefully win the finals and become finals mvp too

Why is it that when Wade puts up numbers one year that lebrons been putting up his whole career, all of sudden wade deserves it.
NO.

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

I think if Lebron looses maybe 4 more games and the Lakers come out with a strong record out of this 7 game road trip and Kobe goes off.....he might have a chance
no. nice try though.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Why is it that when Wade puts up numbers one year that lebrons been putting up his whole career, all of sudden wade deserves it.
NO.
why are you acting like wade has only played good one year???. have you seen wades stats this year and when he won the championship?

Wade with 39, 6 assists, 2 boards, 2 stls, and a ridiculous 4 blocks in a win on the road.

Bron with a relaxed 30 11 and 8 dimes in another win vs Jersey.

CP3 with 27 8 and 8 with a couple steals in a win for the Hornets.

In kind of a weird thing, all 3 played exactly 39 minutes. Don't know why that's important, but I thought it was odd.
laugh.gif

The thing is,

Lebron has the numbers. CRAZY numbers.
Kobe has the [/i]skills[/i]. He's the best player in the world, bar none. He's on the best team, bar none.
Wade has the pressure. His stats are what underdogs are made of
grin.gif

I think it'll go to Lebron. I want it to go to Kobe. It should go to Wade. Wade's team might be the WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE w/o him. If that ain't the definition of value. Kobe still has Phil, Pau, Lamar, Bynum*, Fish,Farmar, Luke, Vujacic, and Ariza -- all good players (maybe even starter caliber). They'd still made the playoffs.

I guess I should have expected 200k+ rabid Kobe & D-wade fans

They may as well ask "Which is the biggest NBA market of the 3: Miami, LA, or Cleveland?"

And as far as the bar-none comment about Kobe's team being the best...
grin.gif

^
I wouldn't consider Miami a very strong NBA market. Wade has just been that good this season. Last couple years they been quiet as hell.
And because of Lebron, Cleveland is always mentioned in regards to who matters simply because of him. It's not like no one in the country doesn't knowwho Lebron is. So I don't think the market thing means much. Maybe a little, but not that much.

But I think we can all agree KLJ is that 4% votin for Chris Paul.
laugh.gif

people's votes and journalist's are very different

journalists have lebron's _____ in their mouth so don't worry cavs fans

How the hell can you reach and say might at the same time.Be easy man.

BAR. NONE!

Yes, I'm a lakers fan but this is why I say that. the lakers have the best closer in the game in recent history. They have the most accomplished coach nextto Red. They have the best bench, hands down (when Drew is healthy). They have the most talented starting 5 w Bynum. They have the winning record. They'vebeat the Celts at home. They have the momentum heading into the playoffs. They have a stupid strangle hold on the conference that was BY FAR the mostcompetitive conference in a LONG time last year. They have the future of the 5 position on IR and they're still clowning. And the are doing it w/oKobe MAXING out on boys every night (as if he isn't capable of 13 straight 40 point games or something...). It's almost too easy.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

How the hell can you reach and say might at the same time.Be easy man.

BAR. NONE!

Yes, I'm a lakers fan but this is why I say that. the lakers have the best closer in the game in recent history. They have the most accomplished coach next to Red. They have the best bench, hands down (when Drew is healthy). They have the most talented starting 5 w Bynum. They have the winning record. They've beat the Celts at home. They have the momentum heading into the playoffs. They have a stupid strangle hold on the conference that was BY FAR the most competitive conference in a LONG time last year. They have the future of the 5 position on IR and they're still clowning. And the are doing it w/o Kobe MAXING out on boys every night (as if he isn't capable of 13 straight 40 point games or something...). It's almost too easy.
laugh.gif
You are about to start a riot in here.

Everyone be cool, it's ok, nothin to see here. Continue on about your business, it's ok........

laugh.gif

Just a couple more weeks guys and it'll all work itself out. No worries. Maybe as we get closer we can do sort of an informal poll or something. I'll see if I can think of something that would be fair for everyone. Maybe get a panel of NBA heads or somethin in here from around NT. Anyone be up forthat?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

I guess I should have expected 200k+ rabid Kobe & D-wade fans

They may as well ask "Which is the biggest NBA market of the 3: Miami, LA, or Cleveland?"

grin.gif
lebron has taken over as the most hated in this L
roll.gif
. he hasbetter #s than kobe and same as wade and has the best record and loses the poll like that
roll.gif

After reading some of the responses, I see that some of you fail to realize Kobe Bryant was awarded "MVP" for his vast turn around from ball-hog toteam player. He most certainly deserved it based on his individual numbers and more importantly; the team's record (compared to the previous teams withoutShaq). Lebron I think should've won it; back in 07' but was robbed by the Nash media hype, but like the statements previously mentioned; Lebron willwin it because of the large wave of media hype that's behind him this season.(He's the Triple H of the NBA, lol)

Spoiler [+]

Back
Top Bottom