OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

laugh.gif

They did Elbert dirty though, made him pitch the night before his start - he gave up a bomb and then demoted his %%@ back to the minors.

I'm sure all the young kids will get a shot once the rosters expand.

Dodgers scouting director Logan White was in the Dominican Republic on Friday to get a look at Cuban defectors Yasser Gomez, an outfielder, and right-handers Yadel Marti and Juan Yasser Serrano, who were recently declared free agents.
Marti, 30, who twice led Cuba's Serie Nacional in winning percentage and made the all-tournament team in the first World Baseball Classic in 2006 after throwing 12 1/3 scoreless innings, is considered the top prospect of the three. White declined to discuss the showcase, but other scouts who were in attendance said Marti, who defected in December, was unimpressive, throwing 85-89 mph before pulling a groin.

White said the Dodgers also plan to check out left-hander Aroldis Chapman, who is in Spain after defecting from the Cuban national team in July. Chapman, 21, is a two-time Cuban league strikeout champion whose fastball was clocked at 102 mph during the second WBC last spring.

I was watching that special they had on Chapman on ESPN.

Dude is gonna get big $$$ once he becomes a FA,
laugh.gif
the Yankees havealready said they're willing to shell out the money.

When I saw they threw Elbert in Friday night, I knew it was going to happen. It's bull #@!%, I didn't like that move when it's already BEENannounced he is to start 2 days later.

O well, its good to see Stults get another chance.

Sending Elbert down meant activating Belli back to the squad.

Here's the lineup:

Furcal, SS

Ethier, RF

Manny, LF

Blake, 3B

Kemp, CF

Martin, C

Hudson, 2B

Loretta, 1B

Stults, P

Abreu sent back down.

The whole Dodger team should pay all the fans back.

Sitting in that hot $%! sun and watching this performance by vaz
sick.gif

^QFT
Sigh...the lead is done to 5.5, but a huge series against the hated ones starting tomorrow. Enough of these losses. Lets Go Dodgers!

Back
Top Bottom