OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

11-13 since ASG and can you believe the Giants have a better home record than us.

The @@+$ happened
sick.gif

I wish Joe had some Jim Leyland or Ozzie in his blood, i've never seen him fired up.

We've had a string of non-confrontational managers since Tommy. Russell, Johnson, Tracy, Grady, Torre...

quick question, so i went to the DMV for a change of address ... they gave me the form ... I filled it out and went back to the front of the line (which isawkward in itself if there's people in line) ... so they take it and say, "ok you're done."

how come they didn't charge me? I had my card in hand waiting to pay
laugh.gif

btw, you know you're in whittier when you go to their DMV and the whole front of the building is tagged up
laugh.gif

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/08/torre-confident-the-dodgers-can-add-pitching.html[/h1]
[h1]Torre Confident The Dodgers Can Add Pitching[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [August 10 at 10:10am CST]

Manager Joe Torre says he's confident the Dodgers front office can add pitching if necessary, according to Kevin Baxter of the LA Times. Chad Billingsley has had hamstring cramps and the team has no permanent fifth starter, but Torre knows GM Ned Colletti will be watching the waiver wire.

"If we're going to need a starter, we'll get a starter," Torre said.

Baxter suggests Vicente Padilla and John Smoltz, who were both DFA'd this week, could interest the Dodgers.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/08/torre-confident-the-dodgers-can-add-pitching.html[/h1]
[h1]Could John Smoltz or Vicente Padilla be in Dodgers' future?[/h1]

Frank Franklin II / Associated Press

Boston Red Sox pitcher John Smoltz walks back to the dugout after being taken out a game against the New York Yankees on Thursday. The Red Sox released Smoltz on Friday.

With team still looking for outside pitching help, those are two possibilities.

By Kevin Baxter
August 10, 2009
With Chad Billingsley questionable for his next start Wednesday in San Francisco and with the Dodgers unsettled on a permanent fifth starter, Manager Joe Torre said Sunday the team continues to look outside the organization for help.

"They're looking," Torre said of the front office. "We talked about the waiver wire. There is a possibility that something can happen."

Among the possibilities is right-hander Vicente Padilla, a former All-Star who the Rangers designated for assignment Friday despite an 8-6 record in 18 starts.

The Rangers said the decision to part ways with Padilla, who won at least 14 games in two of the last four seasons, was the culmination of several factors, including the fact the pitcher was often late or absent from meetings and other team events. He also angered teammates by throwing at opposing hitters, leading to Rangers batters being hit in retaliation.

Torre said he doesn't think a player with Padilla's reputation would cause problems in the Dodgers' clubhouse.
"When you have a solid group of people, stuff like that doesn't bother me," he said.

Another possibility, given Torre's affinity for battle-tested veterans, is right-hander John Smoltz, who the Red Sox designated for assignment Saturday.

Billingsley, who came out of his last two starts early with cramps in his left hamstring, rode a stationary bike then threw off flat ground Sunday morning and is scheduled to throw off a mound in San Francisco today.

"We'll see where Bills is [today] and we'll make a plan from there," Torre said. "If we're going to need a starter, we'll get a starter."

Rehab redux

Doug Mientkiewicz left for Albuquerque on Sunday to start the second phase of a minor-league rehabilitation assignment with the Dodgers' triple-A affiliate.

Mientkiewicz, who underwent shoulder surgery in April, will play seven games with Albuquerque starting today. Still unable to throw, he is scheduled to be the Isotopes' designated hitter.

Mientkiewicz, 35, says he has abandoned hopes of returning this month and is targeting a comeback in September, when rosters expand.

When roster spots are no longer at the premium they are now, he said he can help the team as a pinch-hitter and he won't have to be able to throw because the extra bodies on the bench will lessen Torre's need to double-switch.

But Mientkiewicz will need to play the field if he hopes to be on the postseason roster, should the Dodgers get that far.

"For me, it's more October than September," said Mientkiewicz, who was on the field Sunday morning with his wife, Jodi,and their 3-year-old son Steel. But whatever happens this fall, Mientkiewicz said he would like to play for the Dodgers again next season.

"I would love a chance to come back and get a mulligan," he said. "Then again, if we win a World Series, I might not come back."

Short hops

Manny Ramirez, who had gone hitless in his two previous games, striking out 17 times in his last 13 starts, had his first three-hit game Sunday since July 12. And all three hits went to the right-field side of second base. "He's trying to fight the ball off and use more of the field," Torre said. "When he takes that big swing he gets real long and comes off the ball. As he starts feeling more comfortable, I think he'll work his way around." . . . To create a roster spot for Eric Stults,the Dodgers optioned infielder Tony Abreu back to triple A.

[email protected]

Times staff writer Dylan Hernandez contributed to this report.

No to Smoltz, but IMO Padilla would be a very interesting pickup.

Dude is tough as nails and would give a different dynamic to our staff, wouldn't mind adding some !#%%@%@ fire to this team.

Anyone got a hookup with Car insurance?

I thought I was payin a lot with $800 every 6 months, but looking at all state and farmers, i'm looking at 3x that at LEAST for full coverage
alien.gif

I know there's got to be some loopholes SOMEWHERE
nerd.gif

[table][tr][td]2009 Power Rankings: August 10[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]RK (LW)[/td] [td]TEAM[/td] [td]REC[/td] [td]COMMENT[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]1 (3)[/td] [td]Yankees[/td] [td]69-42[/td] [td]The Yankees have won seven in a row, 18 of their past 23 and 31 of 41.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]2 (1)[/td] [td]Dodgers[/td] [td]67-45[/td] [td]The Dodgers have lost 10 of their past 15 and also lost the majors' best record, which they had owned since May 2.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]3 (2)[/td] [td]Angels[/td] [td]65-44[/td] [td]Jered Weaver (12-3) has not lost since June 20 despite allowing 35 runs in 53.2 IP (5.87 ERA).[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]4 (4)[/td] [td]Red Sox[/td] [td]62-48[/td] [td]David Ortiz has dropped 99 points in his slugging (.507 to .408), the fourth-largest reduction between 2008 and 2009.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]5 (5)[/td] [td]Phillies[/td] [td]61-48[/td] [td]The Phillies are 3-8 since the arrival of Cliff Lee (2-0 with Philadelphia).[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]6 (6)[/td] [td]Rangers[/td] [td]62-48[/td] [td]The Rangers have won nine of 12 against the AL West rival Angels in 2009.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]7 (
glasses.gif
[/td] [td]Cardinals[/td] [td]62-51[/td] [td]Matt Holliday is hitting .466 (27-for-58) with the Cardinals.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]8 (7)[/td] [td]Rays[/td] [td]61-50[/td] [td]The Rays have hit a home run in a franchise-record 14 straight games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]9 (10)[/td] [td]Giants[/td] [td]61-50[/td] [td]Eugenio Velez is on a 15-game hitting streak, which has improved his average from .156 to .337.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]10 (9)[/td] [td]Rockies[/td] [td]61-50[/td] [td]Todd Helton has a 14-game hitting streak, but his average has improved by only one point (from .322 to .323).[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]11 (12)[/td] [td]Tigers[/td] [td]59-51[/td] [td]Curtis Granderson reached the 20-homer, 20-steal mark in a season for the second time in his career ('07 and '09).[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]12 (11)[/td] [td]Cubs[/td] [td]58-51[/td] [td]The Cubs have won 11 of their past 16 and 15 of their past 22.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]13 (13)[/td] [td]Marlins[/td] [td]58-53[/td] [td]The Marlins have drawn within four games of the NL East lead after their first sweep in Philadelphia since 2004.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]14 (15)[/td] [td]Braves[/td] [td]58-54[/td] [td]The Braves won five of their last six during their West Coast road trip.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]15 (14)[/td] [td]White Sox[/td] [td]57-55[/td] [td]The White Sox are not doing well against divisional rivals, with a 3-10 record in their past 13 games against them.[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Anyone got a hookup with Car insurance?

I thought I was payin a lot with $800 every 6 months, but looking at all state and farmers, i'm looking at 3x that at LEAST for full coverage
alien.gif

I know there's got to be some loopholes SOMEWHERE
nerd.gif
Damn, I pay just under $550 for 6 months with full coverage. I have state farm.

Whattup folks...

My friend die yesterday morning and will not be able to attend tonight's game. So if your a Dodger fan in the bay....I got three tickets (View Box VB332Row D Seats 18-20) for $120......exactly what we paid for them on stub hub. Please PM me if your interested.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Whattup folks...

My friend die yesterday morning and will not be able to attend tonight's game. So if your a Dodger fan in the bay....I got three tickets (View Box VB332 Row D Seats 18-20) for $120......exactly what we paid for them on stub hub. Please PM me if your interested.

Damn you're friend passed?
tired.gif

You should go in his honor.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

My friend die yesterday morning and will not be able to attend tonight's game. So if your a Dodger fan in the bay....I got three tickets (View Box VB332 Row D Seats 18-20) for $120......exactly what we paid for them on stub hub. Please PM me if your interested.
tired.gif
my prayers go out to your homie and his fam.

Back
Top Bottom