OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Dodgers Acquire George Sherrill
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 30 at 2:44pm CST]

2:44pm: MLB.com's Ken Gurnick reports that the Dodgers acquired George Sherrill for Josh Bell and righty Steve Johnson.

2:40pm: Yahoo's Gordon Edes says the Orioles are "on the verge of trading Sherrill to the Dodgers for Scott Elbert and Josh Bell." Sherrill, 32, is under team control through 2011. He has a 2.40 ERA with 20 saves in 41.3 innings this year. Fantasy leaguers, time to pick up Jim Johnson.
eek.gif
They gave up Bell for Sherrill? I thought he was gonna be used in the Halladay deal?

It could also be that the Jays focused their shift from Bell to Blake DeWitt. There are rumors flying around that the Jays are about to unloadScott Rolen and Marcos Scutaro. They might need a major league ready third baseman. DeWitt is ready and his defense is above average at 3b. Josh Bell isabout two years away.

I don't know, all speculation, these next 24 hours will be interesting.

Well Casey Blake is 35 or whatever, you can't trade your top 2 3B prospects in one day. DeWitt will stay.

This is %$!$#%% %@!%$#@*. Ned Colletti is an idiot.

George Sherrill (2006-2008): Pre ASB ERA - 3.06, Post ASB ERA - 5.39.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Dodgers Acquire George Sherrill
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 30 at 2:44pm CST]

2:44pm: MLB.com's Ken Gurnick reports that the Dodgers acquired George Sherrill for Josh Bell and righty Steve Johnson.

2:40pm: Yahoo's Gordon Edes says the Orioles are "on the verge of trading Sherrill to the Dodgers for Scott Elbert and Josh Bell." Sherrill, 32, is under team control through 2011. He has a 2.40 ERA with 20 saves in 41.3 innings this year. Fantasy leaguers, time to pick up Jim Johnson.
eek.gif
They gave up Bell for Sherrill? I thought he was gonna be used in the Halladay deal?
It could also be that the Jays focused their shift from Bell to Blake DeWitt. There are rumors flying around that the Jays are about to unload Scott Rolen and Marcos Scutaro. They might need a major league ready third baseman. DeWitt is ready and his defense is above average at 3b. Josh Bell is about two years away.

I don't know, all speculation, these next 24 hours will be interesting.

Yeah Rolen looks to be gone, that's why I was shocked they gave up the 3rd baseman that the Jays primarily wanted, but DeWitt is ready likeyou mentioned.

Time to get Mr. Sherrill a blue Dodgers cap, so he can rock it flat-billed
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well Casey Blake is 35 or whatever, you can't trade your top 2 3B prospects in one day. DeWitt will stay.
[Lee Corso] Not so fast my friend [Lee Corso]

Casey Blake is locked in to a three year deal that will expire after the 2011 season, they might focus on developing Pedro Baez.

I could see DeWitt being shipped, that would only mean that they will have to give an extension or try hard to re-sign Orlando Hudson.

Munus Hudson, this infield will be intact until at least 2011.

I've noticed Sherrill's post ASB production,
sick.gif
, hopefully achange of setting will change that.

Crazy when you think of the Bedard deal:

Erik Bedard for Adam Jones, Chris Tillman, Tony Butler, Kameron Mickolio, Josh Bell and Steve Johnson.

Yeah, that Bedard deal is nutts when you look at it.

Now add bell and that steven johnson kid.

[h4]Sources: Dodgers get Sherrill - 4:08 p.m.[/h4]
The Dodgers have acquired George Sherrill from the Orioles, major league sources have confirmed to FOXSports.com.

According to MLB.com, Class AA third baseman Josh Bell and Class AA right-hander Steve Johnson will head to Baltimore in the deal.

Bell is a highly-touted prospect, but the Dodgers have enough left in their farm system to make a competitive offer to the Blue Jays for Roy Halladay. It's not clear, though, if they're going to be willing to do that.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/roy-halladay-rumors-thursday-3.html[/h1]
[h1]Roy Halladay Rumors: Thursday[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [July 30 at 3:19pm CST]

3:19pm: Rosenthal and Morosi say the Dodgers have enough in their system to make a competitive offer for Halladay, even after acquiring George Sherrill. Devaris Gordon isn't available in any trade, according to ESPN's Jayson Stark.

Ned ain't done, he's got that little Leprechaun in his ear tellin him to make some more things happen.

You better cover your eyes and ears PMAC, it's gonna get interesting
laugh.gif

Btw, there's gotta be a Footlocker employee here somewhere
nerd.gif

A little information on Steve Johnson.

- 15th prospect according to Baseball America entering the 2009 season.
- Midwest League All Star for the Single A Great Lakes Loons.
- 9-2 with 2.34 ERA, 73 IP, 57 K with Great Lakes in 2008
- 3-6 with 7.10 ERA, 52 IP, 55 K upon being promoted to Inland Empire in 2008
- Power arm with high SO/9 ratio
- 8-4 with a 3.82 ERA, 96 IP, 102 K with Inland Empire in 2009
- In 2 games upon being promoted to Double A Chattanooga, he is 1-1, 1.69 ERA, 15 K, 12.7 SO/9
-Very raw, right handed power pitcher.

Isn't his pops connected with the Orioles too?

I think he's like their play-by-play or something.

Sleeper Alert!

Steven Johnson, RHP, Dodgers (Double-A Chattanooga)
Monday's stats: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 7 K
A 13th-round pick in 2005 and the son of former big leaguer and Orioles broadcaster Dave Johnson, Steven has taken a slow-but-steady rise through the Dodgers system. He has taken a big step forward this year, striking out 102 in 96.2 innings for High-A Inland Empire and now 15 in 10 2/3 frames over his first two Double-A starts. He's not a monster by any stretch, but his fastball and breaking ball both rate a tick above average and there's some deception to his delivery. Scouts think he could fit in the back of the rotation when all is said and done.

Here is the skinny on PMAC's boy Josh Bell....

Josh Bell, 3B, Dodgers (Double-A Chattanooga)
A fourth-round pick in 2005, Bell has always combined impressive tools with good/not-great performances due to a poor approach. Things have changed considerably for him this year, as his walk rate is way up, his strikeout rate is way down, and that combination is rarely seen suddenly only after a player reaches the upper levels. The exciting thing is that the bat is beginning to explode as well; by going 12-for-21 in his last six games with four doubles and pair of home runs, he's now batting .297/.388/.500. No wonder his name is suddenly coming up quite a bit in trade rumors

Bell got the nickname "Baby Kemp" because of the raw power he had, combined with his poor approach.

The approach started to come around this year, but of course he was traded so I'm sure he'll be the next Chipper Jones in an Oriole uniform.

hey Iron Man, you hear anything about another Manny Bobblehead? day game in septmeber?
my boy just left me a messsage that he heard on sport radio this morning, but I honestly couldn't tell if we has bs'ing me or not...
I wonder if it comes with some free roids or something...
smh.gif

stupid Manny...

-J-

Originally Posted by JBug88

hey Iron Man, you hear anything about another Manny Bobblehead? day game in septmeber?
my boy just left me a messsage that he heard on sport radio this morning, but I honestly couldn't tell if we has bs'ing me or not...
smh.gif

stupid Manny...

-J-
Page 392 & 393
happy.gif

Originally Posted by JBug88

smh.gif

stupid Manny...

-J-
9/16, against the Pirates. 12:10 afternoon game.

I still haven't shipped your stuff,
smh.gif
@ me.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/dodgers-havent-finished-search-for-arms-yet.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers & Angels Seek Relievers[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 30 at 5:13pm CST]

Even after adding George Sherrill, the Dodgers are looking to add relievers, according to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark. They're interested in adding a right-handed setup man. Teams in conversation with the Dodgers say they have interest in David Weathers, Matt Capps, Arthur Rhodes and Jason Frasor.

Do it Ned.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/roy-halladay-rumors-thursday-3.html[/h1]
[h1]Roy Halladay Rumors: Thursday[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [July 30 at 5:07pm CST]

5:07pm: Ricciardi tells Ed Price of AOL FanHouse that he's not ruling out a trade. "We're waiting 'til 4 o'clock tomorrow," Ricciardi said.

nerd.gif

DODGERS

Furcal SS
Hudson 2B
Ramirez LF
Ethier RF
Blake 3B
Loney 1B
Kemp CF
Ausmus C
Kuroda P

5:57pm: Bill Shaikin of the LA Times reports that the Dodgers and Blue Jays spent the afternoon "negotiating extensively" over Roy Halladay. Apparently talks aren't "dead" after all. The Dodgers would allow the Jays to get a "haul of prospects" but are trying to acquire Halladay without giving up Clayton Kershaw or Chad Billingsley.

Back
Top Bottom