OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

roll.gif
mrJ

Why does TLR CONTINUE to put Wellemeyer into games???

Why wellemeyer??? i know they probably didnt have a choice because of this mornings game......but come the !$*# on.......Wellemeyer??

They need to send dude down to the minor leagues NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Matt Kemp.
Matt Kemp will be 28
James Loney will be 29
Russell Martin will be 30
Andre Ethier will be 31
Chad Billingsley will be 28
Jonathan Broxton will be 29
Cory Wade will be 30
Ramon Troncoso will be 29
Ronald Belisario will be 30
I think Loney and Ethier will always be pretty league average in regards to their positions: 20 home runs and 75-80 runs batted in. Ethier may noteven be that without Manny.

Russ may already be on his downswing.

Blake DeWitt is another league average guy.
Even if we unload five premium prospects for Halladay, we have a lot of young talent on the Major League roster to take a hit like that.
You can't just ship like 7 of your top 10 prospects all in one season. Assuming you kept all those guys above (which is highly unlikely), youstill need younger guys gradually coming up to push for those starting spots or at least for depth.

If a deal for Halladay was made, guys that aren't ready to be those top guys in the system would be pushed too hard and overrated to bridge the gap; itwould force the Dodgers to speed everybody's progress up. It's no simple process to revolutionize your farm system; trust me.

You can always address Major League needs through free agency, but it's not that simple on the lower level.

I just hate when teams completely rob their farm to make a run.

Damn this series vs the Braves should be tough.

They got 3 solid pitchers starting with Hanson, heard he has some nasty stuff.

We got Mr. Carolyn Hughes himself on Saturday and expect a million grounders, then JJ on Sunday ... then back to L.A.

I cannot believe they're gonna send Schmidt out there again, this should be an automated Loss anytime he gets on the mound ... but I have a feeling theoffense will help him out and put some runs on the board.

Trade deadline almost nearing the end, should get very interesting.
[h1]Meanwhile, in Albuquerque ...[/h1]
Doug Mientkiewicz went 4 for 5 with a home run Thursday in his third rehabilitation game, a whopping 23-6 victory by the Albuquerque Isotopes.

Tony Abreu went 2 for 3 with a walk and has a .345 on-base percentage and .507 slugging percentage in the minors this season.

Jamie Hoffmann had two triples, two singles and six RBI and has a .923 minor-league OPS this season.

Hyang-Nam Choi pitched three shutout innings despite allowing seven baserunners. He struck out four and now has 51 strikeouts and a 1.93 ERA in 37 1/3 innings for the Isotopes. Right-handers are batting .187 against him.

Josh Lindblom pitched two shutout innings, extending his scoreless streak to nine. Lindblom has a 2.89 ERA in 18 2/3 innings since his promotion to Albuquerque, allowing 27 baserunners and striking out 15.

I guess we can get off the high horse that some of us were o, in hopes of landing Halladay.
tongue.gif

This team is already solid as it is, whom I believe can do major damage in the playoffs.
pimp.gif

Let's go.

Dodgers trade: Claudio Vargas to Brewers for Vinny Rottino (C)

This is weird, I'm telling you Dodgers got something up their sleeves
nerd.gif

Its cominnnnn

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Dodgers trade: Claudio Vargas to Brewers for Vinny Rottino (C)

This is weird, I'm telling you Dodgers got something up their sleeves
nerd.gif

Its cominnnnn
nerd.gif

IF they trade Russ
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif
mad.gif

Na they ain't trading russ.

Vinny is a minor leaguer, maybe open up a spot for another player ned is tryna aquire

Na they ain't trading russ.

Vinny is a minor leaguer, maybe open up a spot for another player ned is tryna aquire
You never know though.

The spot is for George Sherrill, we could probably see him pitch tonight.
Yeah, I figured that much, but when I saw them acquiring a catcher, made me think outside of my comfort zone.
grin.gif

Angels, Dodgers in battle for Padres closer Heath Bel 11:13 AM, July 31, 2009 The Angels and Dodgers are engaged in trade talks this morning for Heath Bell theSan Diego Padres' All-Star closer The Florida Marlins are among the other teams to have pursued Bell, but a source familiar with the talks said the Padreshave narrowed the field to the Angels and Dodgers Both the Angels and Dodgers have made relief help a priority in trade talks. Bel would set up for BrianFuentes with the Angels and could join George Sherril and Jonathan Broxton in a late-inning mix with the Dodgers-- Bill Shaikin

eek.gif
if true, obviously Ned & Co aren't trusting the nerves of soft $%% brox.

Back
Top Bottom