OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

49-0 after 8 innings and we blow it. We need one solid reliever and a number 2 or 1 starter.

Great catch by Man ram.

Damn Kemp misread that ball.
It happens, within the organization we have been talking about the team going into a slump. It is happening now.

Not getting that insurance run in the top of the 9th really came back to bite us.

We have lost 4 in a row and we are still tied for the best record in baseball, not many teams can say that. These guys will snap out of it, they just ran intothe wrong team at the wrong time. The Cardinals have our number, they just acquired a few new pieces and they are making their debut at home.

We will see what happens. If somehow we land Halladay (very very very longshot), it will counter the Phillies getting Lee. No offense to the Cardinals, butanother Dodgers vs. Phillies NLCS will be epic. Plus, it will start a mini-NL rivalry that has not been seen in awhile (Dodgers vs. Reds in the 70's).

I highly doubt it.

Ivan DeJesus is going to be a stud, but he is blocked by Rafael Furcal. The worst projection of DeJesus is that he becomes an average starting SS. Plus, withDee Gordon needing 2-3 years, he is a perfect replacement when Furcal's contract expires. I'm not a fan of Josh Bell, he projects to be a possible 1stbaseman, with Loney entrenched at 1st, he is blocked.

It would suck to trade Lambo, he is a SoCal kid that grew up a Dodger fan. It always sucks trading those kids away.

I still don't think a package of DeJesus, Bell, Lambo, Withrow (coming off injury) and Lindblom (Dodgers don't want to let him go) would be enough tomeet Ricciardi's lofty demands.

We might end up with a simple George Sherrill for Scott Elbert swap and call it a day.

Damn Kemp misread that ball.
He didn't misread it, he was playing shallow. The shot by Pujols was a lazer, Kemp had no shot of catching it.

^Should be a no brainer for you guys.

I would pull the trigger in a heart beat, since most of those guys are blocked at the Major League level. The only short term prospect that will hurtlosing would be Josh Lindblom, he has solid stuff. Withrow has a high ceiling, but he didn't play last season due to a knee injury, but he has a fresharm. Ivan DeJesus will be solid, but we have Furcal at SS and DeJesus will be ready for the Bigs in 2010.

Ironman-

Why aren't you a fan of Bell?

He's been on fire lately, and they say his defense has improved since he had his knee injury and came back 20 lbs lighter this year.

He's also MASHING righties (.335/.425/.600). When he learns to hit lefties, he's going to be a problem. They nicknamed him Baby Kemp for a reason
laugh.gif

If Jays are lowering their demands and not asking for bills / kersh that trade for Halladay should be done.

Like ironman said, Phillies got away with Lee for practically nothing and the Cards are stacked with DeRosa, Pujols, Holliday - Ned needs to snatch up an ace.

Somethings brewing, get ready.

laugh.gif

I mean, this slump couldn't have come in a better time.

Ned and the front office knows that our pitching needs to improve and if the Phillies can get away with trading practically nothing for the reigning AL Cyyoung .... then something has to give. (
laugh.gif
@ the Giants trading their 2ndbest pitching prospect for Sanchez, can't knock them though - they were in dire need of a bat)

All the talk of Dodgers moving on to Sherill, IMO is all smoke so Ricc-tard can lower his demands a tad more and get something done with the Dodgers.

The opportunity is there to get an ACE of Halladay's caliber, don't trade him within the division and get some highly talented Dodger prospects inreturn.

[h4]http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/mlb_trade_talk/posts/72381-halladay-price-too-high-for-dodgers[/h4]
[h4]Halladay price too high for Dodgers[/h4]

roy-halladay-730.jpg

The Blue Jays asked for a long list of prospects from the
Dodgers in exchange for Roy Halladay.
AP

The Dodgers checked in with the Blue Jays about superstar pitcher Roy Halladay but heard an asking price they deemed so high they've crossed Halladay off their list and are concentrating on improving their bullpen now. Orioles closer George Sherrill appears to be very high on the Dodgers' list.

The Jays asked for a long list of prospects -- as many as five or six -- according to a person familiar with the talks. The Dodgers have been active at trade-deadline time in recent years but couldn't take the asking price for Halladay.

It does appear, though, that the Jays are continuing to talk about Halladay beyond their self-imposed Tuesday deadline for a Halladay deal.

[h3]Updated: Dodgers now front runners for Halladay[/h3]12:08 PM Thu, Jul 30, 2009 | Permalink
Joe McDonald Email

BOSTON _ Late Wednesday night there were two teams in the mix for Blue Jays ace Roy Halladay -- the Sox and the Rangers.

Now it appears the Dodgers are in the lead for the right-handed ace. Talks with the Red Sox have calmed down -- for now.

Halladay isn't the only Blue Jays player other clubs are interested in.

The Cincinnati Reds are talking to the Blue Jays about the possibility of acquiring infielder Scott Rolen. The Blue Jays would want minor-league prospect Yonder Alonso in return. The first baseman is a product of the University of Miami and carries a big bat. He was the Reds' first pick (seventh overall) in the 2008 draft.

--JOE McDONALD

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

[h4]Source: Dodgers offer could tempt Jays - 1:52 p.m.[/h4]
One source with knowledge of the Blue Jays' thinking predicted that the Dodgers could "catch their attention" with an offer that included third baseman Josh Bell, shortstop Devaris Gordon and hard-throwing pitching prospects from among the group of Josh Lindblom, Ethan Martin and Nathan Eovaldi.

Bell, 22, and Gordon, 21, are considered premium everyday players - at positions where the Blue Jays don't have clear starters for the future.

Justin Jackson, Toronto's No. 4 prospect entering the season according to Baseball America, may not be the future everyday shortstop that he once appeared to be. He is hitting .213 with no home runs in 78 games at high Class A Dunedin and is currently on the disabled list.

While the Dodgers would hate to part with Bell or Gordon, they have depth at both positions: Blake DeWitt, who has already played in the majors, and Pedro Baez, who appeared in this year's Futures Game, at third; and Ivan DeJesus Jr. at shortstop.

Here is a better idea of what the Dodgers will be giving up. I would rather give up DeJesus, even though I think he is going to be better thanGordon. Simply because DeJesus is going to be blocked by Furcal, and Gordon will be ready when Furcal's contract expires.

Do it Ned.

Ironman-

Why aren't you a fan of Bell?

He's been on fire lately, and they say his defense has improved since he had his knee injury and came back 20 lbs lighter this year.

He's also MASHING righties (.335/.425/.600). When he learns to hit lefties, he's going to be a problem. They nicknamed him Baby Kemp for a reason
laugh.gif

I like the kid, don't get me wrong. I just think his future might be at 1st base, where we have Loney. Bell's value is high right now,and it should be, I think he would be a great addition to an AL club because he can hit, for power as well.

So the Jays like:

Bell
Gordon
Lindblom
Martin
Eovaldi

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/roy-halladay-rumors-thursday-3.html[/h1]
[h1]Roy Halladay Rumors: Thursday[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [July 30 at 1:14pm CST]

1:14pm: Yahoo's Tim Brownsees the Dodgers and Red Sox as the frontrunners for Doc in what is shaping up as a two-team race. Brown says the only Major Leaguer in the Dodgers' offer is James McDonald, while the Sox will part with Clay Buchholz, one of Justin Masterson, Michael Bowden, and Lars Anderson, and some lesser prospects. My guess is that the Red Sox find a way to get this done, given the quality they're already offering.

I bet you gotta walk like you're on egg-shells around Ned & co., a deal is gonna be done ... you can just feel it
laugh.gif

He didn't misread it, he was playing shallow. The shot by Pujols was a lazer, Kemp had no shot of catching it.
His initial move was to take a step forward instead of standing in the same position to get a better a read. That step hurt him because it lookedlike it just went over his head. It was a laser though. Two outs first and second I believe he shouldn't have been playing shallow with Albert batting.

Originally Posted by amarusgear

His initial move was to take a step forward instead of standing in the same position to get a better a read. That step hurt him because it looked like it just went over his head. It was a laser though. Two outs first and second I believe he shouldn't have been playing shallow with Albert batting.

Playing shallow was not his call, that is Torre's call. He aligned the OF.

I don't see the Red Sox getting Halladay even with a better package. Remember the premium we would have paid to get Peavy, just because the Padres are inthe same division. Same thing applies. The Jays have some young talent, and will compete soon, doubt they want to see Doc in a Red Sox uni, mowing them down.

We will see what happens. Until it happens,
nerd.gif

1:14pm: Yahoo's Tim Brown sees the Dodgers and Red Sox as the frontrunners for Doc in what is shaping up as a two-team race. Brown says the only Major Leaguer in the Dodgers' offer is James McDonald, while the Sox will part with Clay Buchholz, one of Justin Masterson, Michael Bowden, and Lars Anderson, and some lesser prospects. My guess is that the Red Sox find a way to get this done, given the quality they're already offering. ESPN's Jayson Stark says one Dodgers prospect who is off-limits is shortstop Devaris Gordon.

I'm excited of what Ned will bring us.
Last year was Manny, and blake you can't top that.

I doubt the jays will trade Holliday, but who knows.

George Sherrill is really good.

IRON, you aren't going to be laughing about that fantasy trade when Broxton gets fired from closing games.
laugh.gif

Dodgers Acquire George Sherrill
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 30 at 2:44pm CST]

2:44pm: MLB.com's Ken Gurnick reports that the Dodgers acquired George Sherrill for Josh Bell and righty Steve Johnson.

2:40pm: Yahoo's Gordon Edes says the Orioles are "on the verge of trading Sherrill to the Dodgers for Scott Elbert and Josh Bell." Sherrill, 32, is under team control through 2011. He has a 2.40 ERA with 20 saves in 41.3 innings this year. Fantasy leaguers, time to pick up Jim Johnson.
eek.gif
They gave up Bell for Sherrill? I thought he was gonna beused in the Halladay deal?

we need bullpin help BAD and i could care less about propects that wont ever get major PT on this team cause they are blocked by others

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

$%%% you Ned Colletti.

George Sherrill isn't even good
laugh.gif
He is solid, and will be our lefty out the 'pen. A role that was supposed to go to Kuo or Ohman, but they couldn't overcome injuries.

The only reason I didn't like the fact we gave up Bell was that the Jays loved Bell. I'm guessing they couldn't convince the Jays to unloadHolliday for a lifeboat of prospects.

Back
Top Bottom