[h1]Looks like we got our starting 2B
pimp.gif
moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
[/h1]Welcome back Belliard!

krovne-b78562393z.120091017194426000g0hka1va.2.jpg

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I still don't know why we signed Carroll. He can't even play SS

It will never make any sense, $4milli down the drain. What else is new? 

That paper could have brought another pitcher on board.

It won't even be a competition.

I wouldn't be surprised if DeWitt starts the season in AAA.

Dodgers sign brad ausmus

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/01/dodgers-agree-to-deal-with-brad-ausmus.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Agree To Deal With Brad Ausmus[/h1]
By Mike Axisa [January 26 at 3:53pm CST]

The Dodgers have agreed to a new deal with backup catcher Brad Ausmus, tweets Dylan Hernandez of The Los Angeles Times. He adds in a second tweet that Ausmus will earn $850K in 2010, and the deal includes a mutual option for 2011.

Ausmus,41 in April, hit .295/.343/.368 in 107 plate appearances for LA lastseason, though his offense was never his calling card. His value liesin his defense and veteran leadership. Two NL West rivals - the Giants and Padres - were also connected to Ausmus at various points this offseason.

welcome back bradley, hope he seems more time on the field if Russ keeps struggling.

smh garland signs with the Padres.

At this point I can only see a pitcher getting added (Garland
nerd.gif
).

Belliard, Carroll and DeWitt will be our opening day second baseman, if it doesn't pan out...deadline deal for Uggla.

1b Loney
2b Carroll/DeWitt/Belliard
SS Furcal
3b Blake
C Martin
RF Ethier
CF Kemp
LF Ramirez

Bench
C Ausmus
UT Carroll
UT Belliard
OF Paul

Still some room on the bench.  I feel like I'm forgetting someone.  *shrugs*

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

That could have been the 5th starter. 

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/01/padres-sign-jon-garland.html[/h1]
[h1]Padres Agree To Deal With Jon Garland[/h1]
By Mike Axisa [January 26 at 5:29pm CST]

5:29pm: Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports has the contract details (via Twitter):Garland earns $4.7MM in 2010, plus another $600K if San Diego buys outa $6.75MM mutual option for 2011.  MLB.com's Corey Brock (also via Twitter) says that with this signing, "the Padres have little to no remaining [money] left for 2010. This is the club that will go to [spring training] next month."

So how's that looking spending $4mill on a bench player?
alien.gif

you guys need to calm down with the shannon brown avs. its getting confusing in here
laugh.gif

this team is coming  along nicely. theyre gonna be better than i orginially thought. now a 5th pitcher, anybody else on the market? jmac?
ohwell.gif

we're gonna be good with our splash off season acquisition jamey carroll
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

I am gonna miss Juan Cholo on the bench though, that glove at SS was a sight to see.

Pitchers left: John Smoltz, Erik Bedard, Washburn, Lowry, Pedro, Mulder and Wang.

I prefer another lefty - wonder what Bedard has left?

I still can't believe Russ Ortiz has the possibility to make this squad, it will probably end up like the Milton situation last year.

Eric Stults gets an honorable mention too, you can pencil him in for a couple starts till he loses that 5th spot.

Althought I'd love to see pedro in a dodger uniform, I don't think he can hold up injury free for a season. How much $ is washburn looking for? And they did have those wang-torre reunite rumors a while back too

I heard somewhere that Belliard's contract consists of him having be under 209 lbs for spring training in order for the contract to be guaranteed?

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

you guys need to calm down with the shannon brown avs. its getting confusing in here

Especially because hes not that good.  I have been a Warriors fan for over 2 decades....I know bad basketball.

Originally Posted by dland24

Especially because hes not that good.  I have been a Warriors fan for over 2 decades....I know bad basketball.
indifferent.gif

Can't have anything good or express anything anymore without criticism from others.  

We never said he was the next Kobe.

Originally Posted by dland24

Neither is Anthony Randolph but yet he somehow had a thread in the beginning of the season.

You give me a guy who plays hard night in and night out and I'm good.

Back to beisbol.

Althought I'd love to see pedro in a dodger uniform, I don't think hecan hold up injury free for a season. How much $ is washburn lookingfor? And they did have those wang-torre reunite rumors a while back too
I forgot to add Braden Looper
sick.gif

Last I read, Washburn turned down a 1yr $5M contract from the Twins.

He's probably looking for $7-10m? 
alien.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I heard somewhere that Belliard's contract consists of him having be under 209 lbs for spring training in order for the contract to be guaranteed?

http://[h3]Belliard's Battle of the Bulge[/h3]
9:49AM ET

[h5]Ronnie Belliard | Dodgers [/h5]
Top http:///sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/SendToFriend?URL=http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors#4447&title=Belliard">http://sendtofriend.espn....34447&title=Belliard\'s Battle of the Bulge', 'sendtofriend', 'noresizable,noscrollbars,width=345,height=470');return false;" href="#">Email

The Dodgers want Ronnie Belliard to be a lean, mean, fighting machine.

Belliard will get a chance to compete for the starting job at second base after agreeing to a one-year deal with the Dodgers for $825,000. The Los Angeles Times reports that the deal is contingent on Belliard weighing in at 209 pounds or less at some point during spring training.

By waiting this long for a deal, Belliard already settled for a trimmed-down contract. Jamey Carroll, another competitor for the second base role, got a two-year $3.85 million deal earlier this offseason.

He's just livin good
pimp.gif

Five Guys and a Burger sounds wayyy too good right now.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom