OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD: (95-57) NL West Champs --- NLCS Chumps

The bench would come out nice if we added G. Anderson.

http://twitter.com/TBrownYahoo/status/8327731637
Yahoo's Tim Brown tweets that the Dodgers are one club eyeing Garret Anderson for a fourth outfielder role.
[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/01/dodgers-sign-john-koronka-timo-perez.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Sign John Koronka, Timo Perez[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [January 28 at 11:35am CST]

The Dodgers signed pitcher John Koronka and outfielder Timo Perez to minor league deals, reports MLB.com's Ken Gurnick.

Koronka, 29, made two starts for the Marlins last year and tossedanother 128.6 mediocre innings for their Triple A club.  Perez spentthe year in the Mexican League, hitting .323/.406/.476.

Was it Koronka who gave up like 10 runs last season when the Dodgers played the Marlins? I can't remember.

Anyways, looks like the Dodgers shifted their focus from G. Anderson to Reed Johnson.

Seems like a better fit than Garrett, but I really haven't followed his career too much.

I just remember he went to CSUF and was from the IE.

I feel much better knowing Xavier Paul and Blake DeWitt aren't going to be on the opening day roster.
smile.gif

Happy Sunday, oh yeah MrJ on the Vegas thread ... my bro had like 5 coupons for free 2 night stays at Caesars
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Happy Sunday, oh yeah MrJ on the Vegas thread ... my bro had like 5 coupons for free 2 night stays at Caesars
smokin.gif
i was trying to go for my bday, so it was gonna be valentines weekend, and prices got a lil too much for the rooms
grin.gif

O-Dog is close to signing with the Nats for 3 mil, but with incentives could be worth 4 mil. I woulda EASILY taken him at that price over giving Carroll the money. Yea he had a %#%!@$ last couple months but he was great for the team for the first 3/4 of the season. I just think he got tired, he's gotten injured the past couple years so i dunno if hes played that many games in a season (Shwab??)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dodgerthoughts/2010/01/johnson.html
Jon Weisman of the Los Angeles Times writes that the Dodgers' rumored signing of Reed Johnson likely means that Ronnie Belliard will get the nod over Blake DeWittat second base.  Weisman's reasoning is that the roster, as it standsnow, would feature an all right-handed bench without DeWitt'sinclusion.  Weisman wonders if this overload of righty sluggers meansthat the Dodgers will pursue another free agent backup outfielder.

The Dodgers are among the teams that have reviewed Chien-Ming Wang's medical records, according to a tweet from Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times.  Recently, ESPN's Jayson Stark pegged the Dodgers as a possible destination for the 29-year-old.

Nah, they didn't want O-Dog back.

He's a great clubhouse guy but apparently rubbed Torre and Bowa the wrong way about making comments all the time about getting that $$$ on his next contract, and always talking about next year.  Then he fatigued after making the All Star Game
grin.gif

I don't think they wanted to keep him from making money on his next contract, but they wanted him to focus on the 2009 season, and just talk about the 2009 season, not the payout you may get in 2010.

Blake DeWitt will make the Opening Day roster
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

glasses.gif

It doesn't look like it, just by the numbers game alone.

He'll be on his way to ABQ and gain that much needed experience.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

i was trying to go for my bday, so it was gonna be valentines weekend, and prices got a lil too much for the rooms
grin.gif

Valentines Day, the most unnecessary "holiday" ever.

http://[h3]Anderson to LA?[/h3]
11:13AM ET

[h5]Garret Anderson | Braves [/h5]
Top http:///sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/SendToFriend?URL=http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors#4496&title=Anderson to LA?">http://sendtofriend.espn....itle=Anderson to LA?', 'sendtofriend', 'noresizable,noscrollbars,width=345,height=470');return false;" href="#">Email

Garret Anderson could be headed to a Southern California encore, this time with the Dodgers.

The Los Angeles Times reports that the Dodgers are talking to agent Scott Boras about a deal with Anderson, who played 15 seasons with the Angels before landing with the Braves in 2009.

The Dodgers are looking for a backup outfielder to replace Juan Pierre, who was traded to the White Sox. The Dodgers reportedly are considering Brian Giles, Gabe Gross and Reed Johnson along with Anderson.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

glasses.gif

It doesn't look like it, just by the numbers game alone.

He'll be on his way to ABQ and gain that much needed experience.
It actually looks like the Dodgers are close to signing Reed Johnson.

I know by the numbers DeWitt will be left off.

However, the way it stands, we will not have a left handed bat coming off the bench.....drum roll please....DeWitt will be on the roster.

Torre loves to play matchups and I doubt he will go without a left handed bat off the bench....drum roll...Blake DeWitt.

Now if they sign Garrett Anderson, that will be a different story.  I don't like the GA signing simply because he is a defensive liability at this point in his career.

I see DeWitt making the OD roster at the end of spring training.  He is versatile enough to pay three positions (2b, SS, 3b) and he bats on the left side.

#33 needs to be in LA already. Enough with AAA
Definitely agree.

Don't know how you guys have a hard on for BelliLard, but not like what DeWitt brings to the table.

Frankly at this point I give up with BN, he falls in love with players for unknown reasons.

I appreciate what Belliard did in the 24 games he played for us last year, but he has a knack for being lazy.

Give Paul a %!*+ ing shot.
Disagree on this one.  He had an injury riddled 2009, let him bounce back before he gets another shot in the bigs.

However,the way it stands, we will not have a left handed bat coming off thebench.....drum roll please....DeWitt will be on the roster.
I think you're underestimating the bond Torre and a special spring training invitee ... "drum roll" Doug MKZ.

Weisman sums it up on Dodger Thoughts.

There's no point for him to be sitting on the bench when he could get useful at-bats in the minors.

Don't know how you guys have a hard on for BelliLard, but not like what DeWitt brings to the table.

says this guy

Letting DeWitt try and win the job is something you dowhen you are rebuilding
Make up your mind.

Frankly at this point I give up with BN, he falls in love with players for unknown reasons.
roll.gif

Now you acting like you sign my checks. Darn.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

sucks that he always got injured, but it was from playing hard 100% of the time

Hard to believe Repko has been part of the club for 10 years, plays balls to the wall every chance he gets though.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  You take things too personal BN, I was just ribbing you.

I still feel handing DeWitt the second base job is something you don't do if you are trying to get over the "hump", however, I am not against giving him a spot on the team.  He is versatile and could be a left handed bat off the bench.

So just to clarifty....

DeWitt as the starting second baseman = NO
DeWitt coming off the bench = YES

wink.gif
tongue.gif

I think you're underestimating the bond Torre and a special spring training invitee ... "drum roll" Doug MKZ.
I dread this move, nothing agaisnt MKZ, he's a great dude, I just don't think he has much left in the tank.  That headfirst slide last year is still
laugh.gif
, my 10 year old nephew could get down a headfirst slide and this MLB Vet busts' his shoulder up doing it,
laugh.gif

There's no point for him to be sitting on the bench when he could get useful at-bats in the minors.
At this point it is time to get him to the Show or ship him out.

We don't want a Brandon Wood situation.  The Angels held him in their system too long, he may still pan out, but his trade value is in the toilet.

Where's the new guy with the Dodger chat rules?
laugh.gif

Honestly, I have no problemo with DeWitt on this team, but it doesn't seem like he's going to make the roster.

DodgerThoughts and TBLA see Berroa / Nick Green / Hu battling it out for that SS / UT role.

We all know how Torre plays favorites.

MKZ was playing well too before that slide
smh.gif

I would like to see Wang in a Dodgers uniform (pause)

and I still want Pedro.

I'd ask Ned, but I'm sure he's out filming $$#%%@# videos for Dodgers Media Network

Oh, and about that "chat" thread
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I hope Kemp is back with Nike this year
nerd.gif

There's an article on the espn insider saying the dodgers aren't too optimistic about Wang. Ill post it later

Anyone up for that "Dodgertown Classic?"

I know it's a cash grab, but I want to go.

free parking, cheap tickets. why not?

Back
Top Bottom