OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD: (95-57) NL West Champs --- NLCS Chumps

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

562 will buy anything with a dodger logo on it.
indifferent.gif

pricks.

smh.gif

Kemper though
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Russ Martin 2010

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Things to do for NYE?

I'm wondering the same thing. 1) I'm not trying to drive anywhere 2) I'm not bout to spend a grip 3) I don't know @@$ is goin on that ill beable to get some of my friends to do too

Word.

I'm done doing the Vegas thing.

I'm worried as hell with all the stupid drunk drivers
smh.gif

Damn Matt
smh.gif
, drop that drama ho....

[h1]Dodgers Notes: DeWitt, Halladay, Young Players[/h1]
By Zach Links [December 23 at 10:35pm CST]

Some Dodgers notes from Ken Gurnick ofMLB.com's latest mailbag...
  • The club is uneasy about Blake DeWitt as their everyday second baseman because of his lackluster defense. If DeWitt's offense were on par with the likes of Andre Ethier and Matt Kemp, Jamey Carroll would likely be slotted on the bench rather than split time with the 24-year-old.
  • The Dodgers made an earnest attempt to land Roy Halladay prior to the blockbuster deal that shipped him to Philadelphia. According to sources, the Blue Jays would have preferred L.A. as a trading partner, but of course, it wasn't really up to them. Ultimately, it didn't matter how much the Dodgers could give Toronto or potentially give Doc in an extension, the Phillies were at the top of his list.
  • One reader asked why the Dodgers don't lock up their young core players in long-term contracts rather than go to arbitration with them. Gurnick says that it is often a risky proposition and references the regression of Russell Martin as an example. Had the Dodgers given him a hefty four or five-year deal after his back-to-back All-Star seasons, they would have likely regretted it after his slide the past two seasons.
I had a feeling that is why nothing ever got done. Knew we had no shot since Doc wanted to stay on the East Coast. Oh well, should have gone in harder forCliff Lee.

http://[h3][/h3]
[h3]Dodgers broke even in 2009[/h3]
7:38AM ET

[h5]Los Angeles Dodgers[/h5]
Top Email

The McCourt divorce saga has called the financial health of the Los Angeles Dodgers into question.

Are the Dodgers on shaky ground? The Los Angeles Times reports today that the Dodgers just about broke even last season, according to a high-ranking baseball source. The Times story says Commissioner Bud Selig "considers the Dodgers no different from many other clubs that have limited spending during these uncertain economic times."

"Our baseball and business decisions have not been impacted by the proceedings," team president Dennis Mannion told the Times.

That's a tough sell for a team whose biggest offseason acquisition to date is utilityman Jamey Carroll.

eek.gif
i really find that hard to believe, but what do i know
ironman?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

he had better one a few months back. and she could sing better then rih

I saw that pic of him and Letoya Luckett at a Clips game. I don't know though, even though she might seem crazy, Rihanna seems like a freak and candefinitely get it.

I dunno if I'm late, but I just saw that they have extended the buy 2 get 2 free season tix to the field level

Came across their NYE event thing online.

DJs, live performances, liquor, food, games, guest appearences - the vibe would seem better than being at a cheesy club.

Tryna do something though, I think presale tix online are $25 and at the door its $60.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Came across their NYE event thing online.

DJs, live performances, liquor, food, games, guest appearences - the vibe would seem better than being at a cheesy club.

Tryna do something though, I think presale tix online are $25 and at the door its $60.
this at la live?

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

laugh.gif
i know
for those who have left on new years eve, how long did it take?
Traffic is going to be a +##@!.

Good luck.

It's going to be worse if you decide to comeback on Sunday.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

this at la live?
Yeah, there's also NYE celebrations at Downtown Disney and Universal City Walk.

espnnyeflyer3.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

laugh.gif
i know
for those who have left on new years eve, how long did it take?
laugh.gif
Well damn, first time?

My homies left around 2-3PM and made it to the crib in Vegas around 10-11p, I can't really remember but they made it just on time for us to hit LV Blvd.Forsure expect 7-8 hours on the road if you leave in the afternoon.

Are you just going with no hotel room and just roam around?

One of our worse mistakes was to leave around lunch time on New Years Day, it was an 8-9HR ride home
grin.gif
Everyone exits the Whiskey Pete area, but don't do it the food is trash andits a zoo trying to hop back on the freeway.

Vegas is definitely something you gotta try once, but after that I'm done.

This by far has to be one of the lamest off-seasons ever.

laugh.gif
Well damn, first time?

My homies left around 2-3PM and made it to the crib in Vegas around 10-11p, I can't really remember but they made it just on time for us to hit LV Blvd. Forsure expect 7-8 hours on the road if you leave in the afternoon.

Are you just going with no hotel room and just roam around?

One of our worse mistakes was to leave around lunch time on New Years Day, it was an 8-9HR ride home
grin.gif
Everyone exits the Whiskey Pete area, but don't do it the food is trash and its a zoo trying to hop back on the freeway.
yea, 1st time, last minute thing
we got a room a couple miles off the strip
eyes.gif

i gotta work saturday, so i gotta be home before then. what time you suggest leaving? i dont mind leaving in the middle of the night

At least you guys got a room, I'm sure you saved $ going off the strip.

Just as long as you don't go to Downtown Vegas you should be good, although they've upgraded the hell outta that place
laugh.gif

Well the other group that was with us left around 11 or 12 and got home in 4hrs or so. That is def the safest bet than leaving in the am or lunchtime - justcheck out the freeways during that time
sick.gif

Some things to do: fat Tuesday 180 octane dub shot
sick.gif
, new orleans buffet cheaper than the rest for some good eats (if its still open), robertos
devil.gif

The clubs would be too crazy, stick to the BLVD.

Btw, get on the Blvd early cause they shut that down and getting there is a freakin mission so know alternative routes
pimp.gif

Did the Vegas thing once for new year's, a few years ago.

It was freezing cold, and the wind was ridiculous.

Drove back new years day, took me about 9 hours. No joke.

Never again.

Back
Top Bottom