OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD: (95-57) NL West Champs --- NLCS Chumps

For @%*%@ and giggles.

Player A started his career at age 21 out of college.
His first full season was age 22 in High A. He hit .257/.324/.422. That's a .746 OPS with 16 HR, 25 2Bs, 37 BB, 88 SO.

Player B hit a combined 292./327/.466 between High A and AA in his age 21 season. That's a .793 OPS with 14 HR, 42 2Bs, 27 BB, 68 SO.

In Player B's age 22 season, he hit .264/.344/.383 in the Majors. That's a .728 OPS with 9 HRs, 2 3Bs, and 13 2Bs. During the time he was in AAA inthat season, he posted a line of .306/.366/.486 with 4 HR, 4 2B, and 2 3Bs.

At age 23, Player B had a .775 OPS in AAA, and a .633 OPS in the majors.

At age 23, Player A had a line of.263/.352./461 in AAA with 17 HR, 39 2B, 46 SO and 89 BB.

Spoiler [+]
Player A is Chase Utley.
Player B is Blake DeWitt.

Dodgers sign Luis Ayala.

Power moves
pimp.gif

PMac when you coming to cali? We need to go get a beer somewhere and have you and brightnikes hug it out. 562 can bring the tofu

roll.gif

Those mgd64 commercials are comedy.

Damn natgeo has been airing some pretty sick narco documentaries, it ain't looking good out there at all
smh.gif
you still going on that trip to mazatlan mrj

I don't have natgeo and I wanted to watch that too. Ill have to check it out online. I just went in july, thinkin bout going again next year. Need anykeys?

The most recent one was by Lisa Ling, that one was okay and I usually like her work. I was just expecting more.

There were in Juarez and man
sick.gif
Baghdad 2.0 over there, literally.

If you can get a *!$*%$@* of some authentic HGH across the border, sinser would be so happy.
nerd.gif

Sidenote: She did a North Korea vs South Korea doc, if you haven't seen it check it out them dudes are crazy.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Jamey Carroll. 2 years, $4 Mil.

!$*!!@% Ned, I hope the new owner fires you.

what is ned suppose to do if the owner is not going to let him spend money?

all we going to do is sign bums to low money deals

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Jamey Carroll. 2 years, $4 Mil.

!$*!!@% Ned, I hope the new owner fires you.

what is ned suppose to do if the owner is not going to let him spend money?

all we going to do is sign bums to low money deals
Jamey Carroll is essentially Mark Loretta. Loretta came here on a one year deal, and had the worst season of his life. So then Ned goes and gets aguy who has essentially the same career numbers and gives him two years. The kicker in all of this, is that Tony Abreu could have done that job for much lessthan Jamey Carroll. And what did we get for Abreu? 6 starts of Jon Garland.

Let's put it this way, if Frank told Ned he had $2 Mil left, Ned is an idiot to think that Jamey Carroll is a better use for that money than the two pickswe would have gotten if we offered Wolf arbitration.

And, Belliard is better.

The blame goes to both Frank and Ned on this one.

And !#%+ Mike, for alllll the people you love to hate on, you stick up for Colletti?
grin.gif

edit: Blue Moons
pimp.gif

[h1]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/12/dodgers-exploring-a-deal-for-aaron-harang.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers exploring a deal for Aaron Harang[/h1]
December 16, 2009 | 10:55 pm
The Dodgers have started exploring a possible trade with the Cincinnati Reds for pitcher Aaron Harang, according to multiple baseball sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the talks.

Harang, a 31-year-old right-hander, finished fourth in NL Cy Young Award voting in 2007 and tied for the league lead in wins in 2006 with 16. But Harang has won only six games over the last two seasons, losing a total of 31 games over that span.

Harang was 6-14 with a 4.21 earned-run average this year in a season that was cut short by an emergency appendectomy he underwent in August.

The Reds are asking for one or two players on the Dodgers' major league roster in return.

The Dodgers would want the Reds to pay for a portion of the $15 million Harang would be guaranteed if he is traded.

Harang is owed $12.5 million in 2010 and has a $12.75-million club option for 2011 with a $2-million buyout. If Harang is traded, the option would become a mutual option worth $14 million and the price of the buyout would increase to $2.5 million.

-- Dylan Hernandez

They might as well throw in Brandon Phillips and eat both those contracts.

Possibly Ching Ling Hu would be involved.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/12/dodgers-sign-doug-mientkiewicz-angel-berroa.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Sign Doug Mientkiewicz, Angel Berroa[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [December 17 at 12:06pm CST]

The Dodgers signed first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz and shortstop Angel Berroa to minor league deals, tweets Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times.

Mientkiewicz, 35, had only 20 plate appearances with the Dodgers this year and another 64 in the minors. He had shoulder surgery in April, missing the bulk of the season. Berroa, 32 in January, totaled 55 plate appearances with the New York teams this year and 80 more in the minors. He received significant playing time for the '08 Dodgers after coming over in a trade with the Royals.

Welcome back guys.

The moves just keep comin
pimp.gif

[table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Years[/td] [td]Ages[/td] [td]BA/OBP/SLG[/td] [td]OPS+[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jamey Carroll
[/td] [td]2008-09[/td] [td]34-35[/td] [td].276/.355/.343[/td] [td]89[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mark Loretta[/td] [td]2007-08[/td] [td].35-36[/td] [td].284/.352/.376[/td] [td]91[/td] [/tr][/table]

laugh.gif
sick.gif

Minor league deals
ohwell.gif

Not a fan of either of those two guys.

At least Manny will have one of his homies to hang out with in Camelback during ST.

If Berroa actually makes the roster,
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Ironman do they make you guys work Camelback?
I did last year, since it was a new operation and they needed assistance opening up the place on time. I was out there for about a month, comingback and forth. By car
sick.gif
and by plane
glasses.gif
. It was cool, but I kind of don't want to do it this season. Plus, theygot an operations team in place now, and things have settled out there. We're not really needed out there, and it doesn't make fiscal sense to sendour team out there.

I will probably go on personal time.

No offense to PMac or DFresh who stay out there, but Arizona (especially Glendale) gets old really fast.

Opening and closing Camelback last season and having to gear up for Opening Day was
sick.gif
last season, from a work perspective.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

No offense to PMac or DFresh who stay out there, but Arizona (especially Glendale) gets old really fast.
very true. ive gone out there at least once a year the past 5 years and az gets
grin.gif
. i dunno why but it just seems like theyre a couple years behind

http:// [h3]What did LAD get for Pierre?[/h3]
4:33PM ET

[h5]Los Angeles Dodgers[/h5]
Top Email

Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com writes today that one of the two prospects headed to Los Angeles from the Chicago White Sox in exchange for Juan Pierre and an ice chest full of cash is right-hander John Ely.

Ely, 23, went 14-2 with a 2.82 ERA with a Southern League leading 125 strikeouts in 2009 after being the Sox's 2007 first-round draft pick.

We asked our in-house scouting director, Keith Law, about Ely's future potential.

law_keith_30.jpg
[h5]Keith Law[/h5]
What is John Ely?
"Ely wouldn't be a Top 10 guy in most systems. He's a changeup artist; throws some strikes, doesn't miss bats and won't in the majors without more velocity or a better breaking ball. So it sounds like the Dodgers traded Pierre for two guys who are fringe prospects if you like them and non-prospects if you don't."

http:// [h3][/h3]
[h3]How to spend savings on Pierre[/h3]
10:35AM ET

[h5]Juan Pierre | White Sox[/h5]
Top Email

General manager Ned Colletti insisted that Tuesday's trade of Juan Pierre was not a straight salary dump, but the Los Angeles Dodgers still freed up some cash when the White Sox agreed to assume about $8 million of what's left on the outfielder's contract.

Now the Dodgers must decide how that money will be spent. The Los Angeles Times reports today that the Dodgers have remained in contact with the agent for pitcher Vicente Padilla and could be in the market for some non-tenders such as pitcher Chien-Ming Wang or utility man Alfredo Amezaga.

Don't forget that every penny counts for the Dodgers, who are hampered by the McCourt divorce saga. The other day, ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney wrote that the Dodgers' current financial freeze has them falling behind their rivals in the National League, particularly their divisional foes.

Definitely a couple years behind.

I swear they're just starting to buy all-over print shirts here. Okay I'm exaggerating, but you get the point
laugh.gif

tired.gif
@ how far back the Dodger thread was, guess that should be expectedwith Jamey Carroll getting a 2-year deal, smfh.

Sidenote: Marquis signs with the Natinals, glad he's out of the division but I had some glimmer of hope that he'd be in a Dodger uni
mad.gif

All my Time Warner dudes, they tryna %%%! us over getting rid of Fox
grin.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

tired.gif
@ how far back the Dodger thread was, guess that should be expected with Jamey Carroll getting a 2-year deal, smfh.

Sidenote: Marquis signs with the Natinals, glad he's out of the division but I had some glimmer of hope that he'd be in a Dodger uni
mad.gif

All my Time Warner dudes, they tryna %%%! us over getting rid of Fox
grin.gif
So everything Fox correct? Fox Sports/Prime Ticket?

If so, I guess I'm really gonna have to start paying for cable/satellite
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom