Official 2009 ALCS Thread LAA Angels ( 2 ) vs NY Yankees ( 4 ) YANKEES WIN !!!

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

He never touched the base.

Do the umps really give it to the players like Buck and McCarver are saying? That's pretty stupid to me...if you don't touch the base, it's not an out.
Yes in most circumstances they do, but I can't blame the ump on that one, it was way too obvious.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

He also said earlier that a scout told him that he thinks Mariano Rivera will be a unanimous first-ballot Hall of Famer.
pimp.gif
How could anyone NOT vote for him? But some baseball writers are
eyes.gif
, so who knows. Whoever doesn't vote for him first-ballot needs to get shot.

Melky with a hit...let's end this, por favor.
Suzyn did mention after commercial that there would be "some jerk" who would keep him out of the voting...then Sterling said someonewould not vote him in because he was a Yankee.
laugh.gif

And the Yankees got real lucky with that call...I'd be pissed if it happened to the Yankees.

Yall can't even defend that as a bad call though. He wasn't remotely close to touching the bag, at least make the effort. He did a basic pivot with somuch space between his foot and the bag.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Wow....
laugh.gif

Yanks getting that home cooking.
smh.gif
SHUGES, he wasn't even close though.

I hear you.

But I distinctly remember a similar play happening against the Mets and Mez pointing out that the umps ALWAYS give that call even if the 2nd basemandoesn't touch the bag.

I remember doing some research and realizing that for the most part, this is true.

So imo, the umps should have given that call to the Angels.

I've seen some pretty bad ones where dudes are like 5 feet from the bag with no attempt and get the call...it's obviously judgmental, but I didn'tthink he was THAT far off, compared to some.

Back
Top Bottom