Official: 2009-2010 Fantasy Basketball Thread

quick help: so for my league i wanted the playoffs to start a week early so teams wont play superstars when their playoffs are gonna begin, but what i didnt know was that the championship is only 1 week when i wanted it to be 2 weeks is there anyway to change it or am i too late?

The number 5 and 6 seed upsetted #3 and #4, what an upset indeed. We'll see how it goes. $600 for first place, 200 for 2nd, 100 for 3rd.

Let's do this!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Rush helped with the 3's today.

Sure did! lol.

I'm happy to report that both my teams made it to the Championship round!
pimp.gif
Wow. First time it's seriously ever gone down to the wire like that! Crazy nerves all day yesterday.
laugh.gif
Now it comes down to this ONE week. I hope y'all fared just as well.

BangDak, how'd you end up doing, bro?

other then that, semifinals in the rest of my 3 leagues. glad it turned out well in your league.

As a Kings fan I would never trust Nocioni... Dude already quitted on the team by wanting a trade, but he will shoot whenever he has the chance. I'll roll with Rush since he starts.

THEY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
296kirl.png

I'm just thankful he forgot to set his roster on Wednesday...
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

made it to the finals but the other team has way more plays than me (the round is until April 14th +##?)
mad.gif
frown.gif

what am I gonna do? who are some good pickups that are gonna get 9-10 games before the end of the season?

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

As a Kings fan I would never trust Nocioni... Dude already quitted on the team by wanting a trade, but he will shoot whenever he has the chance. I'll roll with Rush since he starts.

thanks for the feedback! i'll stick with rush and see how does
glasses.gif

^ I'd definitely go with Rush too. He was clutch yesterday and helped me win my matchup. That's for sure. Also, with Tyreke coming back (thank God!), Noc might lose some touches.

Originally Posted by BangDak

other then that, semifinals in the rest of my 3 leagues. glad it turned out well in your league.

Sorry to hear that, bro.
ohwell.gif
Dang though. Missed out on tying up the matchup by a DREB? That's rough.

Hmmm... I guess I'm jumping on the Brandon Rush bandwagon too...

Who should I drop: JR Smith or Toney Douglas

*I have a waiver pending for Marcus Thorton (dropping JR Smith), but i'm last priority on the priority list.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by JbOi112

^ I'd definitely go with Rush too. He was clutch yesterday and helped me win my matchup. That's for sure. Also, with Tyreke coming back (thank God!), Noc might lose some touches.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Sorry to hear that, bro.
ohwell.gif
Dang though. Missed out on tying up the matchup by a DREB? That's rough.
when is tyreke coming back?? last time i heard it was friday but he kept having headaches. dude needs to take more advil extra strength
laugh.gif
j/k

im gonna need tyreke to do well for my team this week

Mr Fizzy Womack- I would drop JR Smith, he's been slummin as of late. At least Toney Douglas gets starter minutes.

good luck to everyone this week!
tongue.gif

Fizzy, Im not a fan of having PF, Minutes and etc as a category, but as long as you enjoy it.
I woudlnt drop either for Rush imo.

Jboi, look what you started
laugh.gif

and even if it was tied, i believe points were the tiebreaker so i still would have lost. if only hinrich/deng played a bit better
frown.gif

Regarding Tyreke,
Tyreke Evans is expected to return from his concussion on Tuesday against the Pacers.

He practiced Monday without any complications from the concussion and it now looks like it's safe to put him back in your lineup. Spencer Hawes is also due back, while Francisco Garcia remains out for the Kings with a wrist injury.

Source: Sacramento Bee

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/03/29/2641517/kings-evans-expected-to-return.html#mi_rss=Kings/NBA
As far as BRush goes... whoa whoa, fellas. Let's hold on a minute there.
laugh.gif
BRush helped my team dramatically yesterday with his 4 3PTs and 14 PTS. He paid off as a "last-ditch effort." Outside of that though, he's been uber-inconsistent. I'd keep Toney Douglas and DEFINTELY Marcus Thornton. I guess you could consider BRush on the uptick. Then again, he could have just had a lucky game.

It's up to you though if you're that frustrated with Earl Smith's inconsistency. Dude freakin' almost always explodes for 30 PTS & 6 3PTs the week after I drop him. lol.

Great news about Tyreke. Thanks for the update, he's back just in time for my playoffs!

Thanks for the input guys. I've been looking for someone who puts up a decent 3pt%, and Rush might be my guy... but I'll take a wait-and-see approach on this one.
pimp.gif

FYI - from rotoworld:
Baron Davis will miss Tuesday's game at Milwaukee with back spasms anddoesn't sound all that likely to play in the other two games on theroad trip.

Simply devastating newsfor the fantasy playoffs, but it's hard to say we're surprised, asDavis typically shuts it down at some point most years. Steve Blake isnow a relevant fantasy point guard, while Davis should be benchedimmediately.

Edit:

It's up to you though if you're that frustrated with Earl Smith's inconsistency. Dude freakin' almost always explodes for 30 PTS & 6 3PTs the week after I drop him. lol.
alien.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
My man.

Just changed that waiver from JR to Toney... those are my only expendable players.
ohwell.gif

G - Deron, D. Collison, Tyreke, J. Terry, T. Douglas
F - Landry, Gay, Taj Gibson, JR
C - Okur, Bogut, Gooden, Al Jeff.

I have VC and Kevin Martin inured in the semis
frown.gif

I need a scorer, who should I pick up ?

Carl Landry
John Salmons
Anthony Morrow

Originally Posted by SoleFX

frown.gif

Carl Landry
John Salmons
Anthony Morrow
Wow, Landry and Salmons should be not on some FA list at this point of the playoffs. Heck, Salmons has been playing better than VC and Martin lately. Landry is playing pretty well on the Kings too. Morrow doesn't get enough PT with Reggie Williams on the Warriors now. 

^ I totally agree. Salmons has been a STUD since being traded to MIL. If you're gonna drop one or the other though, I'd drop KevMart. He's as soft as they come. Also, VC might still play through his injury this week.

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Monta gonna play tonight?

Nope.
Monta Ellis will not play against the Jazz on Wednesday because of the flu.

The Warriors come back home for a game against the Knicks on Friday, and we'd guess that Monta will suit up for that one. Still, consider him questionable for now. As for Wednesday, Reggie Williams is obviously a must-play in all formats and C.J. Watson is viable option as well.

Source: Jaymee Sire on Twitter

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I would never play in a league that counted minutes, fouls and/or technicals.
It's a league a buddy of mine made... if it means anything, he's from Alabama
laugh.gif

Solefx wrote:

frown.gif

Carl Landry
John Salmons
Anthony Morrow

eek.gif

smh.gif
alien.gif

Son...

How are they even on your FA list right now?! Especially Salmons!!!!!!!

Pick up BOTH those guys RIGHT DAMN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom