Official: 2009-2010 Fantasy Basketball Thread

cant believe Gooden just F'd me like that
smh.gif

who to play tonight: J. Green or Odom?

^ Agreed. Not to mention James Harden is active for tonight's game. Not sure if he'll play, but if he does... that's less minutes for Green.

Originally Posted by RFX45

On another news, I got Evans (YAY!) and dropped Udrih.
Hopefully CP3 get limited minutes the rest of the season so Collison can get a good run.
^ Congrats! I bet it felt like you just conquered the world for a brief second when you saw the waiver request was successful.
laugh.gif
That's how I felt when I came up on Troy Murphy. lol.

I'm hoping Coach Bower shuts CP3 down for the season. No more of this timeshare deal at PG. haha.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

I was contemplating on maxiel or gooden and grabbed maxieel...
smh.gif

Anyway, looking at the Warriors Roster, all their big men are hurt xcept Tolliver. Tolliver should be getting major minutes. Who the hell is the their PF though? Maggette? #+*?

I can't mess with any Warriors player not named Maggette or Ellis
smh.gif
... Hell, I traded Curry (and G.Wallace) to Chester right before the deadline and now I'm facing him in the first round...
True. You'll never know whats gonna happen with that team. Though, CJ Watson has been pretty good for me when he was getting the minutes. I probably picked and dropped him 3-4 times already. Im still mad i drafted Randolph, only to see him get hurt.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

I was contemplating on maxiel or gooden and grabbed maxieel...
smh.gif

Anyway, looking at the Warriors Roster, all their big men are hurt xcept Tolliver. Tolliver should be getting major minutes. Who the hell is the their PF though? Maggette? #+*?

I can't mess with any Warriors player not named Maggette or Ellis
smh.gif
... Hell, I traded Curry (and G.Wallace) to Chester right before the deadline and now I'm facing him in the first round...
True. You'll never know whats gonna happen with that team. Though, CJ Watson has been pretty good for me when he was getting the minutes. I probably picked and dropped him 3-4 times already. Im still mad i drafted Randolph, only to see him get hurt.
Save some Warriors for me brah. Haha.
laugh.gif

Are there any rookies/scrubs (other than Terrence Williams, Jrue Holiday, Toney Douglas, Taj Gibson, Tolliver) that are supposed to get a massive increase in playing time in the next two weeks?
I am gonna be in the championship round in my fantasy league and I need help big time haha.

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

Are there any rookies/scrubs (other than Terrence Williams, Jrue Holiday, Toney Douglas, Taj Gibson, Tolliver) that are supposed to get a massive increase in playing time in the next two weeks?
I am gonna be in the championship round in my fantasy league and I need help big time haha.
I just picked up James Singleton from the Wizards:

After Singleton hopped around, banged and battled for 35 minutes, Coach Flip Saunders said that he would have to make a lineup change when the Wizards face the Charlotte Bobcats on Friday. The most likely candidate to get replaced is JaVale McGee, who was held scoreless with just three rebounds in little over 12 minutes. "The only bright spot we had tonight was James. He was unbelievable," Saunders said. "We probably have to start him," Saunders said of Singleton. "He's playing too good. We've been in a situation here, where you're trying to evaluate players. But at some point, you have to still evaluate, but you have to reward the guys that are doing things and producing in a limited time and give them the minutes."
http://voices.washingtonp...tml?wprss=wizardsinsider

I'm desperate...
ohwell.gif
dropped Terrence Williams.... Singleton has 2 more games this week but they'e kinda tough: Bobcats & Jazz.

Sidenote: CJ Miles (Jazz) is a good option IF AK47 is out.

whats the updates with marc gasol i dropped him for gooden a couple days ago and then i dropped brand for noah
laugh.gif
tryna get extra games over my opponent, i refuse to lose to a lower seed

anyone else giving up on K. Love?
Toney Douglas is still available in my league and Jrue Holiday is constantly being added and dropped so I could probably get either one of them

Not to mention that Gooden had 2 steals and a block while going 10 for 10 in the ft line.

Hopefully CP3 get limited minutes the rest of the season so Collison can get a good run.
"#nbakings guard Tyreke Evans will miss next 2 games (concussion) says Westphal after Evans felt dizzy during practice. http://myloc.me/5eqXM"

Hope he gets better in time for next week...

But I need CP3 to get 20-10-5-2 again. Haha.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Not to mention that Gooden had 2 steals and a block while going 10 for 10 in the ft line.

"#nbakings guard Tyreke Evans will miss next 2 games (concussion) says Westphal after Evans felt dizzy during practice. http://myloc.me/5eqXM"

Son of a .....!!!
He better be good to go for Tusedays game because if not, Udrih (the player I dropped for him) will be a major contributor and someone will probably pick him up since he has been averaging close to triple double with Evans out. 

Although I have Collison, I do wish CP3 takes over the again so that it is easier to drop Collison and pick up Udrih again. 

Situation:

I picked up Singleton yesterday but I'm just seeing Reggie Williams (GSW) is available....

Like I said earlier, I usually don't mess with GSW players anymore, but dude has been good money...

Problem is, he only has 1 game left this week (saturday @Mavs).

Singleton has 2 games, but they're some tough matchups (Friday @Bobcats & Saturday v. Jazz)

And I pretty much need all stats available so that's not gonna help me pick one or the other...
ohwell.gif

^ i say stick it out with singleton. they're going to be down big anyway so more PT for him
laugh.gif

question to the fantasy folks out there:

i play in the semifinals next week and i looked at the schedules for next week and he has 46 players compared to my 41, should i do the add and drop?

the most droppable players i can do is 2 max. i'm sure he'll be adding/dropping as well. smh at no limits on add and drops

^ Can you be more specific?
nerd.gif

Who do you plan to drop/pick up?

And whomever you plan on picking up, are their match-ups beneficial to you?
nerd.gif

Edit - Guy I'm going against has Blatche too. Would that change your decision?
nerd.gif

Plus, the Williams kid is the 6th man, and it looks like he's getting some GOOD shots.

Last time Singleton saw GDubb on D, it was
sick.gif

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

the most droppable players i can do is 2 max. i'm sure he'll be adding/dropping as well. smh at no limits on add and drops

smh at you adding/dropping to get more plays.

im at a huge disadvantage too, but adding/dropping to win is just cheap and dirty.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

smh at you adding/dropping to get more plays.

im at a huge disadvantage too, but adding/dropping to win is just cheap and dirty.
LOL. There usually is a limit on the adds/drops per week. And if you got a droppable player, why not? You can't win the whole thing by just drafting the best team possible in the beginning. Especially with injuries and good players resting at this time of the season. 

Hes saying, he wishes there was no drop & add limit so he can keep adding and dropping for more plays, correct me if im wrong.

thers nothing wrong with adding/dropping injured players, but to add + drop just to get more plays? i'm not a fan of that.

yeah it's #%@+@@ up but sometimes you hafta stream plays to get that W.

take heed of that advice.

I must say, I have done that but only if I could afford to drop the player. Like I would be down on assists or steals by Saturday so I would choose someone who gives out assists and take steals that plays on Sunday and pick them up. I've got a few points won doing that. In the playoffs, if it means winning to move on the next round I say go for it. Now if that strategy were abused, like a person would drop and add every other day, then I would be against that but if it is once in a while, I see it as a good strategy.

^that mentioned towards my current matchup?
laugh.gif

im a bit confident i can comeback, but if things arent looking good by tonight, a few changes would be made for sure.

nah just in general. i mean if you don't use your adds they go to waste anyways. and there's a 5 add per week cap anyways.

Yeah, you have to take advantage of the adds/drops. I mean sure, if my opponent doesn't use it, I probably wouldn't use it too. But considering my opponent used 4 already this week, I gotta smarten up and make some moves too. I'm not going to sit here Sunday night and congratulate myself for not using any adds while my opponent beats me.

Now me maxing out on 25 adds/drops total sucked for me in another league. Didn't even know there was a limit until Yahoo warned me when I was at 20.

Back
Top Bottom