Official: 2009-2010 Fantasy Basketball Thread

I got the bye for my first round as well being 3rd place
pimp.gif

ATTENTION!!! Collison owners

I am pretty sure CP3 is coming back on Wednesday and Collison is a pretty safe start tonight

Unless any Hornets fan's heard anything

Damn, some people in my team are getting antsy.
Someone just dropped Tyreke Evans, should be an easy pick up and drop Collison?
Anybody got an update on Evans status?

Again my team is:
fantas12.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Damn, some people in my team are getting antsy.
Someone just dropped Tyreke Evans, should be an easy pick up and drop Collison?
Anybody got an update on Evans status?
laugh.gif
Tyreke might actually play tonight despite the mild concussion. I'm not saying to drop Collison (since I'm secretly praying CP3 ends up shutting it down his first game back
wink.gif
), but picking up Evans is definitely a good look. I'd at least pick him up so that no one else can use him during the final weeks of the playoffs.

Tyreke Evans (slight concussion, bruised jaw) could still play in Monday's home game vs. the Grizzlies, according to Kings beat writer Jason Jones.

Jones' report is far more optimistic than an early text message from Evans' brother, which indicated he would miss at least one week. Evans will be re-evaluated on Monday, so check back for updates. Mar. 20 - 11:12 pm et

Source: Jason Jones via Twitter

Who do you think I should drop other than Collison for Evans?
I could imagine Thronton but CP3s return probably won't affect his PT.
Stuckey was great on his first game back (second game sucks) but he is probably on his way to the starting line up again.
Udrih has been a good source of assists so far and Douglas is locked at the starting PG for the Knicks and is excelling well.
Any suggestions?

It's only an 8-team league.
Diaw has been good to me so far though, he can average 12-5-5 with a steal + block here and there.
He can also shoot 3s, he's a bit inconsistent but he's producing Kirilenko like numbers.
For Udrih, he did have 20pts and 17 assist when Evans was out but before that he had 26 pts and 9 ast, kind of hard to drop him.

I'll keep an eye out and see how Collison plays with CP3 since the waiver won't clear til Thursday anyways.
I'llw atch how Udrih plays with Evans tonight too.

I dont understand the point in a 8 team league. theres too much talent left in the FA class. You dont even have to set your lineups up with those extra g,f, and util. spaces....

Well if Reke comes back, Beno obviously wont put up those numbers again, but you never know.

If it was me, i would save my waiver #. Some people get real desperate, trying to drop and add players to avoid playoff elimination towards the end of the weeks.

And a word of advice to everyone, as the playoffs get closers, star players like Timmy D, Bron, etc. begin to sit out. Blair would be a real good pickup, despite his recent slump, but having 16 games in these next 4 weeks with Timmy D sitting out, he'll be a good option. All im saying is scout your FA class now before its too late.

Tyreke evans needs to be picked up if he's onthe ww.

Just processed my request to get beno. Now I have 3 kings if it goes thru- tyreke, beno, hawes. And I got a 1st round bye so hopefully everything works out well

Originally Posted by BangDak

I dont understand the point in a 8 team league. theres too much talent left in the FA class. You dont even have to set your lineups up with those extra g,f, and util. spaces....

Well if Reke comes back, Beno obviously wont put up those numbers again, but you never know.

If it was me, i would save my waiver #. Some people get real desperate, trying to drop and add players to avoid playoff elimination towards the end of the weeks.

To be fair, it is an 18 player team so the waivers do get emtied out of talents. Of course there are those who still produce in the waivers but you'd want the one that does it more consistently. There is still strategy to it and even though I do not prefer it (my league doesn't even have turnovers stat) but it was a last minute league I was invited to join. Still glad I finished first by a point or two and got the bye especially since Douglas only plays 2 games this week and 4 next week when it counts towards the playoffs.
As for the waiver #, I am waiver #5 so trying to get Tyreke will still take some luck. The guy who dropped Tyreke has waiver 1 so chances are he might pick him up again and the guy that has waiver #2 is the guy in last playoff qualified for the playoffs but I am still crossing my fingers it goes through for me. 

Hopefully thats true. I haven't encountered or tried it so hopefully it'll be between me and the other guy with the #2 waiver.

^ just a heads up, bro...
Tyreke Evans has been ruled out for the next two games due to a concussion after meeting with the team doctor.

He's hoping to return for Friday's game against the Celtics, but Evans should be benched in all leagues until further notice.
Source: Jason Jones on Twitter
Good thing I scooped up Raymond Felton to hopefully pick up the slack for Reke while he's gone and when CP3 decides to come back...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Hopefully thats true. I haven't encountered or tried it so hopefully it'll be between me and the other guy with the #2 waiver.
OB is correct. you cant waiver a guy you just dropped.

Chris Paul will start for the Hornets against the Mavericks on Monday. He is expected to play about 20 minutes.

This is not the only news for the Hornets. Marcus Thornton will start at shooting guard, Morris Peterson will slide to small forward, and Darren Collison and Julian Wright will go back to coming off the bench. It makes sense to start Paul and Thornton at this point, while Collison is now a pretty risky fantasy play as long as Paul stays healthy.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2010/03/chris_paul_returns_to_starting.html

Nooooo! for Collison.
frown.gif

Yesssss! for Thornton.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Collison not starting and Tyreke being out just killed it for me...
smh.gif

I've got both, but I'm hoping I've built a solid enough of a team to beat my 2nd Round opponent. "Come on, CP3. Shut it down!"

Is sitting Collison smart? I have no idea what he is going to do 2night.

I am starting Scola, Calderon, and Al Jeferson over him.

Damn, someone dropped Deng too. Is he expected to return anytime soon?
It would be great to have Deng and Evans in my team for the finals, I'd drop Udrih and Collison w/o hesitation.

Back
Top Bottom