Official: 2009-2010 Fantasy Basketball Thread

Thanks for the replies fellas, unfortunately there's no limit in adding and dropping smh. I'll just have to play it out I guess.

Originally Posted by parada45

Pick up Haslem since O'Neal went down?

^ No timeline has been set for JO, but I probably would. It looks like he hyper-extended his knee pretty badly.

Originally Posted by kobehead

Drop Bynum for Reggie Williams?

^If you're in desperate need of 3PT & PTS and can't wait for Bynum to heal (and assuming you're a Laker fan, you already know he heals VERY slowly), then I'd pick up Reggie Williams.

EDIT: Quick update:
Andrew Bynum is out of his walking boot with an Achilles' injury and could be on the verge of a return for the Lakers.

He won't be re-evaluated until the Lakers return to L.A., but could see action again on April 2 or April 4. He won't be usable in the upcoming week, but could be played in Week 24, when the Lakers have three games.

-----

Alright, guys. Having Tyreke injured is really hurting me right now. 
eyes.gif
I was up a solid 8-1 last night, and now I'm a VERY close 5-4. I'm down in 3PT & AST and awfully close in PTS now.

matchup.jpg

Did I make a good decision in picking up Reggie Williams (2 games left this week: DAL; @LAC) and dropping Grant Hill (1 game, possibly a blowout: @MIN)? Let me know. I'm one win away from the Championship Round.

I think thats a good move but how many games down are you?
I meant how many players do you have playing left compared to your opponents.
You can usually average out the stats each player has been consistent on and see where you will suffer the rest of the week.

Toney Douglas sucked tonight, hopefully he doesn't play like that next week.
I had player doing big things tonight, Granger with 44 points w/ 5 3pts, I hope his hot streak continues til the season ends.
I need Tyreke and Bogut healthy though, if they are both out next week I am practically screwed.

^ Over the next 2 days, I've got 11 active players with games to his 12. (Gosh, if only Tyreke were playing!!!)

I'm honestly praying that my guys Murphy, MThornton, JRich, Crawford & ReggieWill stroke the 3-ball like there was no tomorrow and JKidd & Collison do the same while handing out AST in the double digits... The other guy's got Brooks, Earl Watson, Ginobili & MMiller producing dimes and 3PTs this week, so I'm hoping that production shuts down completely for him these next 2 days. Oh, how sweet that would be.

And boy, do I hear you on that Tyreke tip! I'm seriously missing his stats this week. Hopefully, if I can squeak out the win this week, he'll be healthy enough all of next week to get me my highly-coveted first fantasy championship.

-----

PS. What's word on Delfino? I didn't see the injury where Haslem steps on his neck, but was it really bad? Any ideas on whether he's coming back very soon or not? I'm helping my cuz out with another league, and he definitely can't afford to have any more injured players either...

I think you'll be safe, Mike Miller is too inconsistent and chances are he won't give you much of a problem.
Outside of Brooks and Ginobili, I do not see those guys making more than 1 three this weekend.
Collison, he might lose minutes now that CP3 is getting back into shape but Kidd will give you at least 7-10 assist.
I like your chances but then again I do not know the rest of your opponents team.

As for Delfino, looks like he'll miss a game or two if not more. It looked pretty serious since he left in a stretcher but we'd have to wait and see.
If it's a do or die for your team this week, I'd consider dropping him for sure, but thats just me.
Chances are, with that kind of injury, people on your other league wouldn't want to pick him up either unless it's a sure thing eh'll play.

As for me, I wish the Knicks played one more game so I can evaluate Toney Douglas more.
I want to pick up Haslem but I am not sure if I should drop Douglas or Collison.

^ thanks, bro. Looks like I may need to punt AST for now and hope I can get my 3PT and PTS way up.

Flippin' Marcus Thornton killing me with his foul trouble! I'm down 5-4 now.
grin.gif
Here's to hoping JKidd & ReggieWill have HUGE nights tonight.
embarassed.gif

I hope lebron goes ballastic tomorrow.

no deng hurt me a lot this week. i think i might be out of the playoffs if i cant comeback.
frown.gif

looks like im going to have to add/drop 3 so i can get 3 extra plays to matchup with my opponet (who has outnumbered me in games everyday this week)
smh.gif

who do you guys think has the best chances in goingn off? Ty Lawson, Dampier, Blair, CJ Watson,  or Barbosa?

Every catergory is close (O/DRebs, assists, ft, and 3ptm. assists, steals, blocks, to are still close to some extent, but i just need to get enough to move onto the next round. thoughts?

Originally Posted by BangDak

who do you guys think has the best chances in goingn off? Ty Lawson, Dampier, Blair, CJ Watson,  or Barbosa?

Choosing strictly from the ones you listed, I'd go with Lawson, Blair and Watson. Damp doesn't play tomorrow, and I honestly haven't seen Barbosa get enough minutes to even be productive since he came back from injury... Just my two cents. Good luck. I'm nearly in the same position.
ohwell.gif

Wow. Flipping Reggie Williams throws up a dud tonight while Roddy B GOES OFF for 9 treys, 40 PTS and 3 BLKs!!! I failed big time. Then again, how was anyone supposed to know though. haha. Let's see if my guys will gut it out tom. I'm down 5-4 as we speak.
frown.gif
Should I even think about dropping MThornton tonight for someone else who can drop 3's and PTS for me tom? (The waiver wire's looking pretty bare of either right now though. Steve Blake?)

OK, here's what's available: QRich (vs. TOR), Steve Blake (vs. GSW), or BRush (at ATL). I'm leaning towards QRich, but do you guys have any other thoughts?

I ended up picking up CJ Watson and JJ reddick.

Lawsosn hasnt been getting much burn after coming back from injury, Dampiers out, and i holded off picking up blair since hes in a slump and i still have a chance at winning FT. its make or break for me today.
frown.gif

^ Between Miles & Korver, it's a toss up. They average nearly the same in 3PT, but Miles gets more minutes and attempts. Hayes attempts and averages more, but doesn't get as many minutes as Miles. I might go Miles > Hayes > Korver. I dunno. Kind of slim pickin's, eh?

Super quick... BRush against ATL. I'm down 6 & 12, respectively in 3PT & PTS, and winning TO's by 5. Worth the risk to play him today? Or should I just stick to my guys JRich, Murphy, Gooden, Crawford, Horford and RegWilliams? I dropped MThornton for BRush thinking it would help me tonight. Thoughts?

Alright, fellas. Best of luck to all of you. Today seems to be make or break day for me as well... Win, I go to the Championship. Lose, play for 3rd place. I'm praying it's the former.

Rush might have a solid game if Dahtay Jones doesnt play again.

I would have never dropped Marcus Thornton for Rush, but tahts just me. Games are starting, and things aint lookin too good right now. lets pray and hope for the best!

^ ha, yeah. I hear you. I woke up this morning starting to regret my decision to drop Thornton for Rush for the extra PTS and hopefully 3PT or STL.

Well, I might as well use Rush in the lineup then and pray that Jones is still out and Rush does in fact have a good game (with no TO's, please!). Good luck, bro. I hope things turn out well for the both of us!

Damn, injuries really screwed me up this time. GL in the championship NDND.

Damn Tyreke for getting hurt which allows Beno to beast.

Damn CP3 for coming back which forces the NO coach to tinker around with his lineups which throws off Thorton's game.

Hedo
smh.gif

VC getting hurt again today
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Damn, injuries really screwed me up this time. GL in the championship NDND.

Damn Tyreke for getting hurt which allows Beno to beast.

Damn CP3 for coming back which forces the NO coach to tinker around with his lineups which throws off Thorton's game.

Hedo
smh.gif

VC getting hurt again today
smh.gif
Yeah man. Injuries did you dirty no doubt. You had to drop a lot of your players in the beginning of the week. Well, it ain't officially over so I can't celebrate yet. 

anyone have info on jermaine o'neal? i have him on my team and im in semi-finals this week so i don't want to waste a spot if his injury is season ending

^ i'd say tolliver

i got both robin lopez and hawes hurt. hopefully i can pick up hibbert successfully off waivers. im running thin on centers smh

Walker has 4 games this week. Hes only going to give you 3s and a little here and there of each cat.

Hope everyone's first round of playoffs went well.

Back
Top Bottom