Official: 2009-2010 Fantasy Basketball Thread

I've been sleeping on Mike Miller lately. Dude has been playing real well, who should I drop Collison for Miller?
Collison has been losing minutes and in his last 3 games he had 22-1-5, 17-3-3 and 14-0-3 tonight. He is down to 24 minutes a game now.
While Miller last 3 games have been 14-7-3, 14-12-4 and 27-7-2 while playing almost 40 minutes a game.

And apparently the Wizards has the best schedule left. What do you guys think?

Okur had a solid line tonight as well. I really knew i spelled "roll" wrong, but i couldnt seem to figure it out. Spell check couldnt catch it either, so i was like, *@!% it.

Collision's still been getting a good amount of PT, even if he hasnt been getting the same # of assists. Mike Miller's been on a role lately though, so if you need all wrong stats, i say go for it.

I am down 4-5 after tonights game and it is close in almost all the categories.
jfjafn.jpg

I think I am out int he contention for the 3's as he has Nowitzki, Jennings, JRich, Delfino, C.Lee, Murphy and Jamison all capable of 3's while all I have is Monta (injured), Granger, Thornton and E.Gordon. I may be suited better to focus on the other categories and I think Miller could give a 12-5-5 stats now while Collison gives good fg%, ft% and pts (not much more than Miller). I could also grab Blake but I am not certain if Davis will be back and it'll be a waste to pick him up if he does.

What do you guys think? Suggestions?

^ sorry for the late reply. Where are you at before tonight (matchup-wise)? Just judging by how close the categories are and not knowing everyone on the other team, I'd probably focus on widening the gap on PTS, OREB & ST. It looks like you've got a pretty decent cushion on BLK and (like you said) pretty much done for on 3PTM, so now it's time to figure out which out of DREB and AST you can still win.

While Collison still has the ability to put up around 17ppg and 5-7apg even with CP3, he probably won't give you too many boards. Steve Blake could average about the same number of AST as Collison, but not much else (at least, not this week). Miller has been on a tear as of late and gives you a better all-around threat with PTS, DREB, and AST, I just don't trust him to be consistent. Also, Blake and Collison are more reliable AST guys. Having said all of that, Miller gets more minutes and has more games than either of the other two, so barring any CP3 setbacks/shutdowns... I'd personally go with Miller.

BTW, somewhat unrelated, but remember when I dropped Thornton for BRush last week? Someone scooped up Thornton off waivers, and to be honest, I haven't really missed his production. Aside from the 3PTM, Collison seems to be more productive in his limited minutes than Thornton's been this week. Just saying...
wink.gif

Yes, its worth picking up Love.

While Collision may have been slightly more productive (which i dont think so) you dropped thornton for Rush. i know you're just trying to make yourself feel better
laugh.gif

^ touché. 
laugh.gif

Allow me to clarify... I haven't missed his production since I've made up for it elsewhere. I'm also not struggling for 3PTM or PTS this week in my particular matchup, so it's all gravy. I've needed FG% and AST this week, both of which having Collison has benefited me more. Make sense?
wink.gif

WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH

whats goin on with Monta? out tonight and for the upcoming road trip?

if this is true im !#$#!+

Monta's not coming back until at least the next 4 game road trip. Drop him if you're on the verge of losing out in the playoffs. Whatever the issue is, you had to expect this coming taking 40+MPG night in and out.

And you still dropped Thornton for rush, whether you missed his production or not. As long as you make the finals
laugh.gif

damn Monta is sabotaging me right now.... who to pick up for him: Mike Miller, Mike Conley, or George Hill ?

This is my last matchup acquisition in the championship game so any help is appreciated and I need to make this decision before gametime tonight...

^ depends on your biggest need(s), bro. If you need PTS, I'd go Conley > Hill > Miller. Same goes for AST or STL. If you need REB, Miller > Conley > Hill.

If all you're looking to do is find the player that would best impersonate Monta, then I'd go with Conley based on how he's been playing the last 2 weeks. He gives you 3PT, PTS, AST and STL. That's just me though.

Originally Posted by BangDak

And you still dropped Thornton for rush, whether you missed his production or not. As long as you make the finals
laugh.gif
I'm currently playing IN the finals as we speak, sonnnnn...
pimp.gif
tongue.gif
3 more nights. I'm hoping I can keep this 7-2 lead.

Depends what you need. All around, Mike Miller. Assists, Conley. Points and 3s, Hill.

Things aint looking good for me right now. make or break in all my leagues today. Good luck to you brah
pimp.gif

Must be nice to have legit starters still on the FA list with the playoffs going on. Haha. Stuck here with picking up the likes of Matt Barnes for last minute help. Sure didn't help too.

Knicks fans, what is good with Al Harrington? Is he resting for good? Bleh...

Alright I went with Conley, now all I can do is sit back and pray
laugh.gif

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs, Ill be back at the end of the season to let you guys know if I won or not, and thanks for all the advice all year!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JbOi112

^ sorry for the late reply. Where are you at before tonight (matchup-wise)? Just judging by how close the categories are and not knowing everyone on the other team, I'd probably focus on widening the gap on PTS, OREB & ST. It looks like you've got a pretty decent cushion on BLK and (like you said) pretty much done for on 3PTM, so now it's time to figure out which out of DREB and AST you can still win.

While Collison still has the ability to put up around 17ppg and 5-7apg even with CP3, he probably won't give you too many boards. Steve Blake could average about the same number of AST as Collison, but not much else (at least, not this week). Miller has been on a tear as of late and gives you a better all-around threat with PTS, DREB, and AST, I just don't trust him to be consistent. Also, Blake and Collison are more reliable AST guys. Having said all of that, Miller gets more minutes and has more games than either of the other two, so barring any CP3 setbacks/shutdowns... I'd personally go with Miller.
My competition this week will be tough. I picked up Miller and as a counter, he picked up Flip Murray and Terrence Williams. I dropped Collison because although he can give high assists, he hasn't done so in the past 2 games and he is just losing more minutes. I would ahve considered Steve Blake but I want to see when Davis will return.

Damn, looks like I am screwed though, Monta was my scorer and now it looks like holding onto him might hurt me more so I have to drop him for someone but the FA has been picked clean at this point. I should have picked up Deng when I could but I woke up this morning and he is gone. I'm going to be in dire need of scoring to move on now that Monta won't be playing. I guess I can try and pick up Collison again.
embarassed.gif
 Maybe I could pick up Morrow too?

Another thing that sucks for Monta being gone is my opponent has CJ Watson and his production is completely reliant on Montas status. Could have swayed the points if Monta plays.

Kobe shot 5-for-23 tonight. Pretty much killed his owners in the FG% department in the playoffs. Thanks, Kobester.

I hope the report on Monta is true because I just dropped him for Blake.

It's a close match going towards the weekend but my players played horrible tonight.
3 out of 9 scored in single digits and only on broke the 20 points barrier.
Here's the end result going towards the weekend, still down 4-5 but closing in.
11tlut5.jpg

I got Blake in hopes he has one more good assist game tomorrow. If Davis is back by Sunday, I'll drop him and pick up Morrow (hoping he is still available by then).
I was pretty happy with Mike Millers performance tonight though, 15-5-7 compared to Collisons 15-2-3 although Collisons 3 steals could have helped I still have a small lead on it going to the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom