Official: 2009-2010 Fantasy Basketball Thread

^Dwight howard had a monster game against Scola. Scola giving up +2 inches in height (probably more because of D12 wingspan and vertical jump), plus 20 lbs. of muscle.

Chase Budinger is putting decent  #'s, but is worth only picking up in deep leagues.

mike miller isn't putting up #'s i would like.

I hope tmac makes it through the season because i need him for the playoffs.

so you guys think i should drop noah over jason thompson for andray blatche?

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

i don't think you'd go wrong dropping either at this point but if that quote from noah earlier is true i'd drop him.

speaking of blatche though, I picked him up in my keeper league and need some advice for him. I already have my keeper spots decided with rondo and brook lopez so I've had some offers for him after the last week.

first is blatche and jr smith for dwill and kevin martin.

second is a straight blache for dirk trade

should i take any of these or just hold on to blatche for the playoffs?

my team:

Joe Johnson
Vince Carter
Nene
Z-Bo
Rondo
Brook Lopez
JR Smith
Okur
George Hill
Blatche

both those teams are 11 and 12 in the league and way out of the playoffs which is why they're offering trades like that

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

should i trade darren collison for derrick rose?
Assuming CP3 comes back (which I personally hope he doesn't), I would do the trade. I currently have both on my roster, and on MOST nights Collison gives you more 3PT, PTS, AST and STL. But he also gives you way more TO's than DRose. Again, Collison's fantasy value goes back to almost nonexistent if CP3 comes back. Your call.

Originally Posted by offbad

you coulda dropped frye easily. looks like dudley is getting the bulk of the PT

but if you're happy with kidd and perkins, then it's all good.
Thanks, ob! For some reason, I stayed up really late last night worrying about if I made the right decision on that trade.
embarassed.gif
I realize I lose out on some PTS and FT% with bringing Perkins in, but I'm hoping to pick up a Marcus Thornton or someone similar in production to shore those areas up.

Also, good point on Frye. I had gotten sooo frustrated with his lack of production since the NBA trade deadline passed, but I didn't want to just drop him under the concern that he'd somehow get hot again and one of the dirtbag managers in my league would scoop him back up right away. So I basically traded him to the manager in 8th place, which almost guarantees I don't see him in the playoffs. lol.

Agreed.

need some advice for you guys, im looking to make one more trade and our trade deadline is tonight.

i give up:

darren collison
luol deng
kendrick perkins

i get

tyreke evans
michael beasley

my team:

conley
collison
wade
lebron
courtney lee
deng
rasual butler
scola
robin lopez
nene
tyrus thomas

any help or comments are greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

Should I drop hawes and pick up James singleton?
You might wanna hold on to Hawes for now. Jason Thompson looks to be hurt. If JT misses a few games and with Brockman already out, Hawes may be due for some minutes again.

PS. Just for fun, watch this.
laugh.gif

i give up:

darren collison
luol deng
kendrick perkins

i get

tyreke evans
michael beasley
The team you listed above looks pretty well-rounded. Picking up Tyreke to cover the slack for DWade while he's out would be a good pickup. (I'm surprised you have DWade AND Lebron. Awesome.) Who would you pick up off the waiver to fill the last spot?

I wish I could give you better advice on the trade DCollison, Deng, and Perkins trade above, but I'm probably not the best judge when it comes to trades.
embarassed.gif
Sorry.

i just proposed the trade, we'll see if he accepts it.

i got wade and scola and traded brook lopez, ariza, and ben gordon, that's how i got the 2010 all-star mvp
smile.gif

Originally Posted by imrichboy

^Dwight howard had a monster game against Scola. Scola giving up +2 inches in height (probably more because of D12 wingspan and vertical jump), plus 20 lbs. of muscle.

Chase Budinger is putting decent  #'s, but is worth only picking up in deep leagues.

mike miller isn't putting up #'s i would like.

In that case should I sit him vs Utah and the Spurs this week?

Anyone I should drop for Drew Gooden?

Terry
Andre Miller
Mike Miller
Monta
T-Mac
Battier
Bosh
Devid West
Gerald Wallace
Kirilenko
Mo Williams
Stuckey
K-Mart

I've pretty much locked up 1st so I'm gearing up for the playoffs. My buddy says drop Mike Miller but I'm leaning T-Mac because I feel like he might not contribute much besides points. Also I only have one C which can hurt me especially with Bosh miissing time.

^^ Between Mike Miller & T-Mac, I'd drop T-Mac for Gooden. T-Mac seems too fragile and likely for a re-injury right now, but I'm honestly hoping he proves me wrong.

^ I'd consider dropping T-Mac for MThornton if all you need are 3PT and PTS. MoPete looks to be injured, so now may be a good time for Thornton. T-Mac's been limited to a point-forward the past few games allowing him to accrue AST, but he hasn't offered much else. Again, I'm hoping he proves me wrong.

proposed trade, but it looks like i wont do this one

i give up:

dwayne wade

i get:

brandon jennings
josh smith

my team:

conley
collison
wade
lebron
courtney lee
deng
rasual butler
scola
robin lopez
nene
tyrus thomas

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Here's your answer:
Jason Thompson will miss up to two weeks with two non-displaced transverse processes fractures in his lower back, which were confirmed by X-rays taken Thursday.

Spencer Hawes is in the doghouse, and probably deserves a pickup with this news if he has been dropped. Just don't be surprised if coach Paul Westphal decides to use Sean May instead, who reportedly handled the now infamous newspaper story "correctly," whereas Hawes is still questionable for Friday due to that situation.

Source: Sam Amick on Twitter

http://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/9650951479

^when the Houston rockets played SA spurs twice, scola stat line was good.
1st game FG: 64.3% 12 REB, 2 AST, 1 ST
2nd game FG: 54.6%, 9 REB, 2 AST

It's up to You if you want to start him. If you need block then i wouldn't start him. Scola usually has trouble playing against bigger opponents.
Duncan isn't as physical as D12. So i would start him.

Noah worth holding on to? ESPN.com is making it sound bad and I'm already hurting at C

JaVale McGee?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom