Official: 2009-2010 Fantasy Basketball Thread

Dayum.
ohwell.gif

Wizards swingman Josh Howard is done for the season after tearing his ACL on Monday, according to coach Flip Saunders.

Howard was playing well as a starter for his new team, and we just hope that he's not so injury-plagued next season. More will be asked of guys like Randy Foye, Mike Miller and Al Thornton, and (we're speculating) it's possible Thornton will move into the starting lineup at SF, shifting Miller to SG. This guarantees that Washington won't pick up his $11.8 million team option next season.

Source: Mike Jones via Twitter

http://twitter.com/MikeJonesSports
Now I'm starting to get nervous going up against this one team in my league come playoff time. He already had Mike Miller, and just recently picked up Blatche. Every fantasy guru keeps talking about how the Wizards will have the best schedule going into the playoffs since they have more games than anyone else...
eyes.gif

The Wizards organization really effed me over big time.
grin.gif

^you know you can edit posts right?

I really missed out on blatche, thats for sure.

I picked up Thornton for AI. Picked up Lou williams for Bibby.

/
Whats everyones though on Sammy D? He pretty much broke out once AI came, and he hasnt been playing as well with him out. time to move him? thoughts?

eek.gif
someone dropped Al Thorton for dalembert (before the Josh Howard announcement) and I'm waiver #2
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now all I need is for a certain player to put up some decent numbers and I'm back in the playoff picture.

devil.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Damn TMac, Damn Granger, Damn Bosh.
Them missing games are going to kill me this week.

Good news though, my team clinched the playoffs so I just need to build a team for the playoffs.
Sadly, Collison is playing great but CP3's return will probably be around my leagues playoffs and I will miss his contributions.
I don't think I can find anyone on the waiver that can give 12 pts and 9 asst a game.

Is Marcus Thornton a good pick up and drop Either Mike Miller or Foye?
I feel like Thornton just gives points though andw ith Howard out for the season, Miller and Foye may score more now.

Ideas?

marcus thornton is one dimensional-- points and 3s.
if you need that, then add him.
if his shot isn't falling then you're screwed.
recently his play has been "off" 'cause they were running mo pete ahead of him, and he was spelling PG duties for collisson.
he hasn't been starting since his injury but he has been getting equal or more minutes than mo pete recently.

either way i have had him rostered for a while now, since before the all star break. and he isn't droppable in my league's format.

also, i believe the biggest beneficiary will be al thornton due to the injury, then mike miller.
but what the hell do i know. i'm not a huge WAS fan.

Sergio Rodriquez may be a good pickup.  He had 18, 6ast, 5 reb and 2 steals in 38 minutes.  Duhon didn't even get off the bench.  I have Tmac so I decided to pick him up just incase Tmac starts missing games/

Rasual Butler or Sergio Rodriquez?

Any knicks fans with info on Rodriquez? He did look pretty good last night.

His starting job is safe, enough said.

He'll be inconsistent because he forces a lot of things, and only really plays well with tmac. take him at your own risk, however he has a real high upside in this offense.

I picked up Thornton. i also believe he'll have a real fantasy value with josh howard out.

should I start Bargnani or Blatche tonight.. Bargnani's been consistent, but Blatche has been on a tear

my line up as of now:

pg; D Collison
sg: OJ Mayo
sf: Caron Butler
C: Timmy D
g: Lou Williams
f: Bargnani

Thanks...

yo.. i know blatche is going to get huge mins, since his team has no one else..

soooo do you guys think i should drop either noah or jason thompson for blatche?

Need some help guys.
Aaron Brooks & Roy Hibbert for Darren Collison and Joakim Noah. I have Darren and Noah.

I dont know if Noah will be back this year, so Im leaning towards yes. Thanx for any help.

Noah is playing again isn't he?
He should back at the starting line up soon enough.

Ok, I still have Mike Miller and Foye with TMac.
I am considering Gooden (he has played well and double double everytime he starts), Marcus Thornton or Rasual Butler.
I like it that Miller can give 5-7 ast a game but he barely scores and rebounds.
Same with Foye, he and Miller can be a source of 3's too but not consistent.
With TMac, I am not sure if he will stay healthy and I have to think about the playoffs here.
I think Gooden can be consistent with the Clips as a starter but he won't give me the 3's and ast I need.

At this point, i think TMac is very droppable due to his health but who is a good replacement of the 3?

^^Noah has been quoted as saying his foot probably wont be back to 100% this season. and at this point hes not going to be getting more than 12 minutes a game until further notice.

Hey, fellas. Did I get hosed on this trade? 
embarassed.gif
I gave DRose, Caron Butler, and Frye for JKidd and Kendrick Perkins. I really need the 3PT and BLK's for the long run, and with STAT not getting moved, Frye's been so frustrating... Thoughts?

you coulda dropped frye easily. looks like dudley is getting the bulk of the PT

but if you're happy with kidd and perkins, then it's all good.

Back
Top Bottom