Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread: Lakers @ Boston 6/8 6PM PST Game On ABC HD

Look, the bottom line is this... %$+@ Brent Barry and the Spurs cuz they aren't here. I only mentioned them to prove a point. Not to argue.

(ska, for the record, it was actually you who I recalled saying something like that).

Whatever the case, we all know that the Lakers will get their calls in LALA.

(I sure hope so at least).

Great threads so far though.
laugh.gif

Almost 100 pages due to PP's Phoenix in Game 1. And we'll probably get to the same number with THIS thread due to the whining about the refs.

The Barry foul and the PP "foul" really aren't comparable...with the exception of them both being near the end of the game.

He said that after the game. Stuart Scott, and the rest of em were discussing the game and that was the first thing he said. Completely agree.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

capt.0288ffb0719547d990b1a061950dd93f.nba_finals_basketball_bxg132.jpg

Pau got him on the head...

Paulina fouled kobe a few plays before...he clearly grabbed his arm and no and 1 was called

you don't call those gay hits on the head if you don't call grabbing of one's shooting arm
grin.gif

yeah..that play should be been an And 1

Almost 100 pages due to PP's Phoenix in Game 1. And we'll probably get to the same number with THIS thread due to the whining about the refs.
and for game 3???? all i know is, if there's anything for celtics fans to complain about, you'll get less than 1/5 of what laker fanswhine.... i remember that 4th Q offensive foul called on pierce when lebron trampled over him. we lost that close game in the 4th. celtics fans complained forlike 3 pages and it was onto game 5......

^ So now you're holding it against the Lakers fans that the Celtics fans might not complain as much if they get one-sided refereeing?
laugh.gif

Some of y'all are too much, man. "Well if the Celtics get bad officiating, their fans probably won't whine as much. Forget Laker fans, man; theywhine more than the Celtics would probably whine if they were in the same position."
SHUGES:
(ska, for the record, it was actually you who I recalled saying something like that).
There ain't no damn way.
laugh.gif

That's just not something I would say. I hate superstar treatment. A foul is a foul, and a non-foul is a non-foul. I don't care who the player is; atouch on Scalabrine that's not called a foul better not be called on LeBron when the same touch happens.

Where is the dang SENSE OF URGENCY for the Laker team? If they don't defend homecourt all 3 games, then they deserve to lose!
mad.gif

Point blank is the refs didn't call the game evenly, it's that simple. They shot 38 fts, we shot 10, we lose by 6. YOU DO THE MATH.

& stop w/ that "the better team won" BS. When BOS wins a game w/o referee help then we can talk about that.

Originally Posted by fonkee1

Where is the dang SENSE OF URGENCY for the Laker team? If they don't defend homecourt all 3 games, then they deserve to lose!
mad.gif

If they lose ANY of these 3 games, it is over.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

and for game 3???? all i know is, if there's anything for celtics fans to complain about, you'll get less than 1/5 of what laker fans whine.... i remember that 4th Q offensive foul called on pierce when lebron trampled over him. we lost that close game in the 4th. celtics fans complained for like 3 pages and it was onto game 5......

There are just more Laker fans on this board....because a lot of people here are from or used to live in Cali. So I think just by that there will be alot more people complaining (to their defense). In addition, the Lakers probably have the biggest fanbase in the NBA across the US, IMO...so it's just thatthere are more Lakers fans than Celtic fans.

question, has anyone ever reffed a game? i mean we complain but we watch slo-mo replays and hear commentary..... i think it's a bit harder for refs. maybethe reason why there's home calls and superstar calls is cuz refs can;t make up their mind so they need to have a starting point.....

Yup its official. This is, by far, the best post game thread in NT hisory.

With the exception of the Cowboys/Giants post game (that was quite a sad day)

When BOS wins a game w/o referee help then we can talk about that.
S4L3:
LOL. Didn't they do that game one?

In your mind: yes.

But also, in your mind, there's nothing stopping a Patriots/Cowboys Super Bowl.

credibility: shot

Originally Posted by acidicality

and for game 3???? all i know is, if there's anything for celtics fans to complain about, you'll get less than 1/5 of what laker fans whine.... i remember that 4th Q offensive foul called on pierce when lebron trampled over him. we lost that close game in the 4th. celtics fans complained for like 3 pages and it was onto game 5......
There are just more Laker fans on this board....because a lot of people here are from or used to live in Cali. So I think just by that there will be a lot more people complaining (to their defense). In addition, the Lakers probably have the biggest fanbase in the NBA across the US, IMO...so it's just that there are more Lakers fans than Celtic fans.

yeah, i guess you're right. didn;t consider that..i suppose more sneakerheads in cali.....

alright..lets bring up all the games that the lakers one when they got all the calls...or better yet..i got a better idea

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Bad calls shmad calls. The better team won the game. Why is everyone bringing the refs into it?

do you really think the officiating didn't contribute to the Lakers loss?

--I'm a Laker fan and yes, I do think they refs had alot of say in the outcome..BUT, we gotta take the L and look forward to next season.

question, has anyone ever reffed a game? i mean we complain but we watch slo-mo replays and hear commentary..... i think it's a bit harder for refs. maybe the reason why there's home calls and superstar calls is cuz refs can;t make up their mind so they need to have a starting point.....
Yes.

laugh.gif
this is comedy, i guaradamtee these same people who are getting on some of us about questioning the officials are gonna be doing the exact same thing IF(and it better) happens at Staples Center, if the referees are consistent in their home bias, we should win all 3 home games.

Oh and this series reminds me of how the Utah series was officiated, just painfully obvious homecourt advantage, I just hope it continues. Boston's FTattempts total in 2 games 73 and Los Angeles 38 in 2 games, thats 35 more attempts so far. Are the Lakers really just not being aggressive going to the hole,not really cause points in the paint were in favor of the Lakers in Game 2 and I believe were pretty even in Game 1, so if that's not the case do theCeltics just not ever foul on shot attempts, is there defense THAT good

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What are Finals tickets for Staples going for? I might be in town next weekend so I'm thinking about hitting the Sunday game is the prices aren't toorape.

question, has anyone ever reffed a game? i mean we complain but we watch slo-mo replays and hear commentary..... i think it's a bit harder for refs. maybe the reason why there's home calls and superstar calls is cuz refs can;t make up their mind so they need to have a starting point.....
+%% that. These guys get paid very, very, very well to have that as an excuse. It's their job and they should do it well. That game washorrible...36 to 10? A blind man could've called that game better. Cot damn I'm pissed.

Back
Top Bottom