Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread: Lakers @ Boston 6/8 6PM PST Game On ABC HD

No matter which way you look at it, SOMEBODY fouled him.

19da7700b5bef40328ec67e4f19254cc-getty-80398142bc209_g2_finals.jpg

Just got back from watchin ght egame at Staples. Actually, me and my g/f left early because of all the fights that broke out. At least 3 fights started. Thebiggest one was across the staudium from us which looked like a damn riot. Then, a poor Celtic fan got his green shirt snatched from him by a cholo-lookinhomeboy. When the Celtic fan took it back, homeboy stepeed up to him and wanted to fight. Next thing you know, it looks like he was surrounded by 4 or 5homeboys. Got everyone throwing their cups and then I see a chair flying, I was out. Too bad I didn't get to see the Lakers make their comeback.

-Not a Laker fan, but the free throw debacle is just ridiculous. So lobsided.

-Laker defense was terrible. From what I was watching, Walton and Rad are definitely liabilities.

-Pierce and Kobe will cancel each other out. So its up to Gasol/Odom vs. Garnett/Allen.

Originally Posted by mco85

Originally Posted by jefffort5

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Fro B Giant:
AND FOR ANYONE SAYING THE LAKERS WERE NOT AGGRESSIVE ENOUGH AND THAT IS THE REASON WHY WE DIDN'T GET THE FT ATTEMPTS

LAKERS POINTS IN THE PAINT = 40

CELTICS = 34
That just makes it even more frustrating.

Where you at, SHUGES?

10 FREE THROWS ON 40 POINTS IN THE PAINT... ... ... versus... ... ... 38 FREE THROWS ON 34 POINTS IN THE PAINT.

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

yall know points in the paint includes alley oops...fast breaks points, etc...its not about just going strong to the hole
LA had 10 fast break points, Boston had 14. Boston got way too many calls but the same thing will probably happen for the Lakers in LA.

open dunks? alley oops
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
..yall need to quit crying..an dim not a fan of either team

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

capt.0288ffb0719547d990b1a061950dd93f.nba_finals_basketball_bxg132.jpg

Pau got him on the head...

Paulina fouled kobe a few plays before...he clearly grabbed his arm and no and 1 was called

you don't call those gay hits on the head if you don't call grabbing of one's shooting arm
grin.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

laugh.gif
No one is even close to touching him. If anything, he isclearing out with the left arm- it is in a raised position.

had it been a normal game, lakers wouldve been up by10 and winning
lakers shot 49% and STILL lost.... it;s more than officiating. it;s execution when it counts. defense when it counts. here's another stat foryou, celtics FG % was like 51%..... you won;t win games when you let you're oppoent shoot over 50%, and something oike 7/10 from 3-pt, and fast breakpoints...3 powe fast break dunks.........lakers can;t play D... to be honest, we here in boston were going crazy with how tough it was trying to score againstcleveland and detroit.....now PP is averaging 20ppg,,,, KG is getting clear open shots, ray's got space to work with....our offense is loving this to behonest.

Pau hitting his head is a maybe, none of us will know unless you take the tape and do close-ups of it. The elbow, people get away with that ALL the time in theNBA. There's nothing funny about that...

Originally Posted by grittyman20

LOOKING AT THE BOX SCORES I CAN'T SEE ANY OTHER REASON WHY THE LAKERS LOST OTHER THAN POOR OFFICIATING
That's the problem, "looking at the box scores" doesn't tell the full story.

Didn't see the entire game, the officiating was bad but Lakers still had a chance to win.

In all fairness, I definitely see the home game getting the majority of the calls and more than likely we will see the Lakers win the next 3 because of it.

Game 7 should be up for grabs tho
ohwell.gif

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING GUY WHO DIDN'T SEE THE WHOLE GAME, I SAW THE WHOLE GAME. I HAVE WATCHED MANY NBA GAMES IN MY LIFE AND YOU ARE RIGHT THEBOX SCORE DOESN'T TELL THE WHOLE STORY, IT DOESN'T CAPTURE THINGS LIKE PAUL PIERCE GETTING TAKEN OFF THE COURT ON A STRETCHER IN GAME 1, IT WON'TCATCH THE ABUNDANCE OF NO CALLS/BAD CALLS IN A GAME, AND IT WON'T SHOW YOU WHO HAD THE MOMENTUM AT WHAT POINTS IN THE GAME. BUT, MR. I DIDN'T SEE THEWHOLE GAME, IT WILL SHOW YOU THE FACTS, IT WILL SHOW YOU THAT THE LAKERS WERE BENT OVER AND GIVEN THE WHITE GIRL IN COLORADO TREATMENT WITH THE FOUL CALLS. THEBOX SCORE WILL ALSO SHOW THAT A TEAM SHOT DAMN NEAR 50% AND STILL LOST, IT WILL ALSO SHOW YOU THE LAKERS HAD MORE POINTS IN THE PAINT, FEWER TO'S, ANDPLAYED A DAMN GOOD GAME!!! ON ANOTHER NOTE, THE ONLY THING I SEE THE LAKERS BEING ABLE TO CONTROL IS THE OPEN 3 POINTERS, THEY LET THE CELTICS TAKE QUITE A FEWOPEN ONES. ABOUT 2 OR 3 OF THEM WERE TRUELY CONTESTED, AND THEY WERE AFTER THE 3 POINT SHOOTERS HAD IT GOING ALREADY. ARIZA NEEDS TO BE IN THE GAME INSTEAD OFWALTON AND VLAD, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DON'T PUT HIM IN MORE!!!! LAKERS DON'T NEED MORE OFFENSE THEY NEED TO LOCK DOWN ON THE 3 POINTSHOOTING. YEAH I AM SHOUTING!!!!!

Originally Posted by acidicality

Pau hitting his head is a maybe, none of us will know unless you take the tape and do close-ups of it. The elbow, people get away with that ALL the time in the NBA. There's nothing funny about that...

the elbow? Pierce GRABBED and PULLED Kobe's arm
roll.gif

And you can also see Pierce clearing away the defender's arm.

Offensive foul.

that call is like traveling in the league..so take that how you wan tit

SHUGES:

You'd make a great ref.
happy.gif

*you see an offensive player in apparent frustration*

*you blow your whistle*

*you walk over to the scorer's table, trying to figure out who you're calling a foul on*

*you can't come up with anything certain, but you're thinking to yourself 'Hell, SOMEONE fouled him. Someone HAD to have fouled him. He missed, andhe had a sour lemon look on his face, and his arms flew out everywhere. That's a foul. On someone. Had to be. I think. Yeah, that's a foul. I'mpositive. Sort of. No, definitely. That was absolutely a foul. Most likely. Probably.'*

Originally Posted by mco85

Fro B Giant:
AND FOR ANYONE SAYING THE LAKERS WERE NOT AGGRESSIVE ENOUGH AND THAT IS THE REASON WHY WE DIDN'T GET THE FT ATTEMPTS

LAKERS POINTS IN THE PAINT = 40

CELTICS = 34
That just makes it even more frustrating.

Where you at, SHUGES?

10 FREE THROWS ON 40 POINTS IN THE PAINT... ... ... versus... ... ... 38 FREE THROWS ON 34 POINTS IN THE PAINT.

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

yall know points in the paint includes alley oops...fast breaks points, etc...its not about just going strong to the hole
LA had 10 fast break points, Boston had 14. Boston got way too many calls but the same thing will probably happen for the Lakers in LA.

open dunks? alley oops
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
..yall need to quit crying..an dim not a fan of either team

Yeah because LA obviously had a ton of open dunks that were not fast break points and you can never get fouled on an alley oop

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

That's an even worse picture to prove your case.
laugh.gif

It was a bad call.

True, that was a worse picture.

But I just posted it to show that Sasha was definitely on him.

I mean, it was a touch call. I've already admitted that. But again, Laker fans were the same ones saying Brent Barry didn't deserve the call on hispump fake b/c he's not a star. And that if it was Kobe or LBJ or another star player that they would've gotten the call.

But now when it actually IS a star player to get THIS call, you guys want to say it's unfair.

You can't have it both ways.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Bad calls shmad calls. The better team won the game. Why is everyone bringing the refs into it?

do you really think the officiating didn't contribute to the Lakers loss?

Back
Top Bottom